G.M. OR BLUEPRINT

Automotive powered airboat discussion.
SEMPERFI77
Southern Airboat Member

G.M. OR BLUEPRINT

Post by SEMPERFI77 »

LOOKIN TO PUT A NEW MOTOR IN MY BOAT. NEED SOME INPUT ON THE PROS AND CONS OF BOTH. THE BOATS A 12 FOOT THURMOND WITH A 2/68 BOX, 80 INCH TWO BLADE R. ALSO SOME THOUGHTS ON HORSEPOWER. AND OF COURSE THERE'S A BUDGET. THANKS FOR ANY HELP. :old_glory:
:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: G.M. OR BLUEPRINT

Post by :) »

love my blueprint! I got the AB 383 450 HP. Pm NORRIS on here for info
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
amber
Southern Airboat Member

Post by amber »

very nice post
pimsleur-review www.pimsleur-review.com
braindumps www.braindumps.net
test-kings http://test-kings.com
pass4sure pass4sure.us
OLD MAN JONES
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by OLD MAN JONES »

I have a B.P. AB383 and love it !
16' Panther with a 2.37/1 and a Whirl Wind 2 blade 82" Master Blaster 2.3 (@ 25 mark, turning 2150 @ prop)
The motor is tight at all throttle positions and very responsive. Budget engines don't get any better. Norris will treat u right.

( GM engines are well built...., just not for this application... food for thought; get one purpose built.
LIVING FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR EVERGLADES..
WWW.MACKSFISHCAMP.COM A traditional cultural Gladesman property.
Platte River Jake
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Platte River Jake »

Had my 383 Blue Print Stroker now for my 3rd season. Not one problem. Runs great!
http://www.purplepolish.org
info@purplepolish.org
402-562-0929
MK Company/Purple Metal Polish
1338 Road D
Schuyler, NE 68661
SEMPERFI77
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SEMPERFI77 »

HOW DO I GET A HOLD OF NORRIS?
:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) »

He's on SA! Search members
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
mike99705
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mike99705 »

GTO gives two year warranty.Give them a call.
8 x 15 alumitech 383 mas from gto 3 blade r 2.3 belt
Crown Royal
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Crown Royal »

Wish I could agree I sent 2 pm's to Norris with no response. Called Blueprint no return call.... Called a local engine guy and all is good now.
http://www.altmansac.com/

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."HOLY SHIT, WHAT A RIDE

Proud member of OUTLAWAIRBOATCLUB.COM

SOUTHERN OUTLAW
CNB INC.
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CNB INC. »

I talked to norris in 2010 and said i was looking for a good 632 big block . he told me to wate because they were working on a new 632 just for air boats so i keep checken back with his company ,,,,,sep 2012 i sent him a message . I had been talking to the person in charge of new products ,, her name is drew . She is in charge of new development . We spoke 5 times and she keep telling me they were still working on the new beefed up 632 but it was not finished yet !!!!! i just gave up on norris ,,,blue print ,,, Marshall Engines and any other company he Owens . :florida:
CNB INC.
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CNB INC. »

I talked to norris in 2010 and said i was looking for a good 632 big block . he told me to wate because they were working on a new 632 just for air boats so i keep checken back with his company ,,,,,sep 2012 i sent him a message . I had been talking to the person in charge of new products ,, her name is drew . She is in charge of new development . We spoke 5 times and she keep telling me they were still working on the new beefed up 632 but it was not finished yet !!!!! i just gave up on norris ,,,blue print ,,, Marshall Engines and any other company he Owens . :florida:
Norris
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Norris »

You guys are right to complain about us not doing good at getting back to with information. Thats my fault. Currently we offer a 383 carb version, and our 427 LS fuel injected. I wish I could add a bunch of reasons for being so late with the bbc style engines, but it would be excuses and i dont want to do that. I sincerly apologise to the guys who tried to buy somthing from us and we didnt communicate well.
Norris
bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bonecollector »

Call Glen Treadwell at Muscle Machine in lake county. My last boat had a 509hp 383 on it and it was a beast he is by far the most honest engine builder I have ever delt with. I just ordered 2 more engines for a few boats I am building.
Sensenich, Ox Drive gear box dealer 386-279-3712

Return to “Automotive Power Only”