Stroker motor recommendations ??

Automotive powered airboat discussion.
SHOT383stroker
Southern Airboat Member

Stroker motor recommendations ??

Post by SHOT383stroker »

Considering buying a new 383 stroker engine. I was talking to GTO airboats about their MAS engine. Anybody have experience with MAS engines? How about White Performance? I heard a guy name Glen Treadwell was good but he hasn't returned my call. Recommendations on any local builders with warranties?

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Stroker motor recommendations ??

Post by jeepinocala1111 »

Budget?

SHOT383stroker
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SHOT383stroker »

around $7k max

BGREEN427
Southern Airboat Member

Post by BGREEN427 »

Glen is hard to get a hold of and doesn't return calls. Everybody seems to be happy with his motors. Keith that sells mas motors always returns calls and emails. They have a 2 year unlimited hour warranty. Hard to beat that. White performance motors run good. I think if you buy them larry at citrus transmission he will take care of.any issues. Poorboys sells a 383 also. Where you located may help your decision. I think I'm going to go with mas.

mcm4
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by mcm4 »

Is there an advantage of a 383 stroker motor over a LS3?

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 »

No.

SHOT383stroker
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SHOT383stroker »

I spoke with Glen yesterday Stopped by his shop today. Really good guy and has a nice shop. I'm leaning towards MAS myself because the warranty but gonna drop my old motor to Glen first and see if a rebuild is possible. Will call poorboys and see what's up. Thanks for the info.

wallbanger
Southern Airboat Member

Post by wallbanger »

larry just put mas 383 on my boat and it is awesome. 80" 3 blade r. two yr warranty is awesome and larry at citrus is better than that. I would go to him again in a second. good luck

mcm4
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by mcm4 »

Even boat and engine builders with good history and good customer service departments can over commit and have very dissatisfied customers as a result.......

You own an airboat because you want to use it, not have it sit in a shop for months on end.

IF you are in a hurry I strongly suggest you get a commitment IN WRITING regarding the time to produce and the time for warranty repairs.... with penalty clauses if the date is not reasonably kept....

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bonecollector »

Glen builds good engines I have quite a few on customers boats. Tristar engines builds good engines with a 2 yr warranty and turn around time is about 3-4 weeks. I have a few of those on boats as well. Those are the only 2 builders I have used and have no complaints from either.
Sensenich, Ox Drive gear box dealer 386-279-3712

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 »

mcm4 wrote:Even boat and engine builders with good history and good customer service departments can over commit and have very dissatisfied customers as a result.......

You own an airboat because you want to use it, not have it sit in a shop for months on end.

IF you are in a hurry I strongly suggest you get a commitment IN WRITING regarding the time to produce and the time for warranty repairs.... with penalty clauses if the date is not reasonably kept....
Always get everything in writing even though there are no excuses for a bad engine unless its a part defect.

Return to “Automotive Power Only”