Best prop??

Automotive powered airboat discussion.
Mason@248
Southern Airboat Member

Best prop??

Post by Mason@248 »

Looking for input on what the best prop would be for a 350 dd. Will be pushing either a 13 ft hull or possibly 11ft. Any help would be great! Thanks guys look forward to the input.
speedymoe128
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Best prop??

Post by speedymoe128 »

I run a 72 whisper tip and like it due to it is quiet but pushes well I run a big boat a lot of people told me it wouldn't work when building it but now that it is done and will run beside their gear boxes down the river they don't mouth much now we bowfish a lot it will not run total dry ground but if it is mudd or wet grass it will push us real well
goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by goldhunter_2 »

speedymoe128,
if your airboat can't run dry ground you mite as well have a john boat and mudmotor :stirpot:

what those people where probably trying to explain to you was you don't have enough motor to turn that prop hard enough ---- thus you can't run dry ground

Mason@248,
looking for a used gearbox would be a good investment for you to get you up to the same kind of torque the ac motors have before you buy a expensive prop

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker »

72" NGQ 1st , 2nd would be the NGH and then a Q. They will all work good!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2011 Al David / AV 540
Mason@248
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Mason@248 »

Thank you guys for the input. This is my first boat. My dad has had one for a number of years and building one is kinda a project we wanted to do together. I appreciate the input I was thinking DD would be a good fit for a first boat then move up to gear box or ac power. My dad has always ran a 220 gpu and my grandfather ran an 0540.
Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Prototype »

Give yourself a chance to succeed. Sounds like the bloodline from your grandpa is working backwards?
Hog Guts
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Hog Guts »

I have a ngq 72 set of blades I think I'm going to sell. I have them as a spare set but I have other things I can spend the money on rather that a set of blades that have sat there a year now. I know what's going to happen too, week after i sell them I'm going to send something through mine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mason@248
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Mason@248 »

Prototype wrote:Give yourself a chance to succeed. Sounds like the bloodline from your grandpa is working backwards?

That's what I keep hearing! Just figured for my first boat that will be mine once we finish it and being a rookie blowing a ac motor would be worse than a car motor. This is just to get me started in this addiction lol
speedymoe128
Southern Airboat Member

Post by speedymoe128 »

haha I don't need to run dry plus my boat is a barge is why it will never run dry direct drive I knew it when I built it but all I do is bowfish with it and kill just as many fish if not more then the ones with a reduction haha fish are in water not land we live in Arkansas not much here to run dry on anyways like yall have in florida if I lived down there it would be a diff boat I would deff have to have a reduction on it to enjoy it
DAGWOOD0520
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by DAGWOOD0520 »

2 blade 70" Q series will work just fine on most boats.

Return to “Automotive Power Only”