TORQUE SPECS.

Automotive powered airboat discussion.
SEMPERFI77
Southern Airboat Member

TORQUE SPECS.

Post by SEMPERFI77 »

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE TORQUE SPECS. FOR THE 7/16 BOLTS THAT BOLT THE DAMPNER TO THE GEARBOX? THANKS FOR ANY HELP. ON A ROTATOR BOX AN OLDER ONE.
SEMPERFI77
Southern Airboat Member

Re: TORQUE SPECS.

Post by SEMPERFI77 »

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE TORQUE SPECS. FOR THE 7/16 BOLTS THAT BOLT THE DAMPNER TO THE GEARBOX ON AN OLDER SYLE ROTATOR BOX?
scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by scottyroll »

I believe they are 40 ft/lbs but definitely call panther/classic to confirm!

321) 633-4026

You will have your answer in 2 seconds.
:Scotty-Roll:
FLAwless

1999 14ft Alumitech deckover. ZZ502. 2.37 Stinger. 4 blade WW Falcon Prop
SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 »

The 6 bolts must be Grade 8 and require red Loctite and toque to 50 foot-pounds.
SEMPERFI77
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SEMPERFI77 »

THANKS YA ALL CALLED CLASSIC 30 FT. POUNDS. ITS AN OLDER BOX. GOT ALOT OF INFO THOSE GUYS ARE GREAT.
SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 »

Do what you think is right BUT the info I provided was right off their web site installation procedures.

Maybe call them back and ask again.

I'm putting mine to 50 with red loctite.
SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 »

Cut and pasted:

#4)Take the six grade eight bolts, washers and flange nuts. These are for coupling the flywheel to
the flex plate on the ROTATOR. Making sure all six holes are aligned, install bolt with washer
from engine to ROTATOR and a flange nut. Repeat this with all six bolts. If there is a problem
with the gap between the flexplate and flywheel being to loose ad a washer as a shim, they
should just be snug. There should be no pressure on the engine flexplate as this will cause
pressure on the crank, possible engine damage may occur. You can now torque all six bolts to
50 foot-pounds.
SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 »

http://www.classicairboats.com/Download ... talog.html

The ROTATOR is the unit of the new millennium with computer space age engineering, lightweight and
the highest quality internal parts available. The instructions that follow will help you install your
ROTATOR
Parts Kit:
7 Allen bolts 3/8 x 1 ¼
7 Stainless steel lock washers
6 Grade 8 7/16 x 20 x 1 ¾ bolts
6 7/16 flat washers
6 7/16 flange nuts locking
12 washers (shims)
Installation:
1. Place the ROTATOR on dowel pins at rear of motor. Start 1 allen head bolt with lock washer in
each side of ROTATOR. This will hold the ROTATOR in place while you line up the six holes
in the flywheel and flex plate.
2. You are now ready to install all the allen head bolts and lock washers in the bell housing. place a
drop of Loctite (red) on each bolt and then tighten by going side to side so it draws down
equally.
3. Take your two mounting bolts and put one washer and one rubber mount on each. Install bolts
through mounts, install another rubber mount on each with a flat washer and slide through
ROTATOR mounting holes, now put a flat washer and locking nut on each. Be careful not to
over tighten and compress rubbers.
4. Take the six grade eight bolts, washers and flange nuts. These are for coupling the flywheel to
the flex plate on the ROTATOR. Making sure all six holes are aligned, install bolt with washer
from engine to ROTATOR and a flange nut. Repeat this with all six bolts. If there is a problem
with the gap between the flexplate and flywheel being to loose ad a washer as a shim, they
should just be snug. There should be no pressure on the engine flexplate as this will cause
pressure on the crank, possible engine damage may occur. You can now torque all six bolts to
50 foot-pounds.
PAGE

Return to “Automotive Power Only”