New to airboats have a few questions

Automotive powered airboat discussion.
Basin_Runner355
Southern Airboat Member

New to airboats have a few questions

Post by Basin_Runner355 »

I bout a airboat last week been driving them a few years here and I always wanted my own.
Well i Finally pulled the trigger on a diamond back 14x7 with a zz4 355. It has a hesitation to it you can't just mash out you gota get it to Bout 1500 rpms and roll it t it. It's a demon carb no idea what size. I noticed they have a cone shape thing comming off the distributor and it's.puling a vacuum I was wondering if that is suposedd to be hooked up to something or maby put a cap on it. I was also wondering where are the grease zerts on a Ch-3 century drive. reduction I read on line they have 4 but I can only find 3
14ft diamond back mild zz4 355sbc pushin 450 hp 450 TQ 2:1 belt drive reduction with a 3 blade sensenich 78Jw series

One Eyed Gator
Southern Airboat Member

Re: New to airboats have a few questions

Post by One Eyed Gator »

What demon do you have? Vacuum or Mechanical secondary?

Also some demon have a ez-idle circuit. Which is adjusted through the air cleaner stud hole. As for the hesitation could need to change the squirter, cam or possibly lighter springs in the dist.

Could be a combination of thing. Based or your description you Need to find someone that knows carbs or do a good bit of research before you mess with it.

If they blocked of the vacuum advance of the dist. I would not just hook it back up with checking the timing at idle and the total timing.

lamarineandprop
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lamarineandprop »

Basin_Runner355 wrote:I bout a airboat last week been driving them a few years here and I always wanted my own.
Well i Finally pulled the trigger on a diamond back 14x7 with a zz4 355. It has a hesitation to it you can't just mash out you gota get it to Bout 1500 rpms and roll it t it. It's a demon carb no idea what size. I noticed they have a cone shape thing comming off the distributor and it's.puling a vacuum I was wondering if that is suposedd to be hooked up to something or maby put a cap on it. I was also wondering where are the grease zerts on a Ch-3 century drive. reduction I read on line they have 4 but I can only find 3
Sup t-Karl.

Onearmgary
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Onearmgary »

The cone shaped thing is the vacuum advance for engine timing. There is an excellent article about it in this forum.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

crazycoonass
Southern Airboat Member

Post by crazycoonass »

There is only 3 grease fittings on a century belt drive. Even century's website says there is only 3. Two upper, one lower.

Return to “Automotive Power Only”