Camp Old Glory progress

This is the place for posting airboat related news stories.
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Camp Old Glory progress

Postby newoldglory » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:52 pm

I'm constantly rebuilding Camp Old Glory to MY specifications. :cheers: Since it burned down in late 2000 and I took over as owner, I have spent every penny that I could spare to rebuild this historical site. :D I have had some great help along the way but I can honestly say that I have built 60% of it's reconstruction by myself alone. :thumbleft: I recently "almost" finished (except for the flooring) the lower bed room on the 2 story with the help of Steve Reid. :salute: Diggin helped me BIG time to do the clean up on the island. 8) I am now starting the outer trim (facia/false roof/apron) above the first floor to dress up a "bald" spot. :toothy7: I went into town and picked up some of the materials needed to start the job and was caught in the storm that brought the much needed rain to 2A. :violent1: Rain, hail, sleet, snow nor lightning will keep me from where I need to go. :slap: Me and my materials made it to camp through high winds, heavy rain, lightning, and are now safe at home. :shock: YEEEEEHHHAAAWWWWWW!!!!!! I love a great ride. :toothy7: The only ride that was better was the one with large hail (damn that hurt). :shock:

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Camp Old Glory progress

Postby digginfool » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:04 pm

Damn, Gerald! That was a hellacious storm to ride through. It was wild even at my house (although as the crow flies you're only about 6 or 7 miles away).

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Birddog247
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Birddog247 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Man that Shiz was nasty. Run non stop at about 40 mph from sawgrass to lox. Rain came down hard as soon as I got in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12ft Palm Beach
stock 350sbc
2.1 gear/80"NGR

"Save a tree; eat a beaver"!

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby pipedog » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:14 pm

Thanks for letting us hang-out at camp today :thumbleft: your the man :salute: the camp is looking GREAT . Me and birddog just beat-out that storm!
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:36 pm

Finishing up two days off work and worked on camp. :scratch: A few beers and I will be ready for working for pay tomorrow. :cheers: Night before last, I went frogging for 3 hours and came home with 46 frogs. Last night, I went out for 1 hour for a special reason and came home with 18 frogs. :shock: ( I only take large frogs). Yesterday I cleaned the frogs, mowed the grass, sprigged grass on the new walk ramp out front, did my laundry, split lumber for the next project on the camp and had a beer. 8) Today I cleaned frogs and did a video on my new process to clean frogs. :bounce: I can't imagine a faster way short of dropping them in a blender. :slap: I'll work on getting it on S/A but I will probably wait for Steve Reid to come down this weekend to do it for me. :thumbleft: Got the frame work installed on the front for the apron and the ply wood cut for installation when I get the chance. :dontknow: Rain slowed progress but I now have it lined out. :toothy7: Now, if I can figure out how to get the top off this beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

Return to “Airboat News”