help for jacksonville fl.

This is the place for posting airboat related news stories.
slidingforhogs
Southern Airboat Member

help for jacksonville fl.

Post by slidingforhogs » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:38 pm

Ha e received couple of calls for possible assistance for airboat rescue ops in the jacksonville area .. This can possibly happen in the morning and have been asked to assemble a team of volume tears with airboat to be ready to spring into action as early as the coming morning.. So if you have the airboat and time to spare please respond .. Thanks mike
11'7 gore ,
220 gpu swinging a woody...

Stomp on it!!!!

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: help for jacksonville fl.

Post by Olf Art » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:15 am

Folks this is a serious request ..... I lived up there for quite a few years. The upper St. Johns has two 2' tides twice a day in good times, and because that river flows North it may not return to normal water levels for at least another 3-5 days because of the rainfall South of there. I've seen flooding up there many days past a rain event further South ..... there's a lot of creeks and homes and businesses that will likely be affected by all of this rain. Anyone who can help will I'm sure be much appreciated.

Mike, got a contact phone number?
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

slidingforhogs
Southern Airboat Member

Post by slidingforhogs » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:56 am

Yes olf . was a long night when I received the call,... I ask any who respond as I've been on phone alto to txt 8638005407... Thank u.. Will update today as more info comes in..
11'7 gore ,

Stomp on it!!!!

slidingforhogs
Southern Airboat Member

Post by slidingforhogs » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:53 am

Got the call back to stand down... Water is / has receded to a safe point and rescue ops is about wrapped up .. All this info is from Jacksonville sheriffs office... Thanks to all who responded and able to help..... :old_glory:
11'7 gore ,

Stomp on it!!!!

Return to “Airboat News”