Site Supporter - VI

Postby a1mudpuppy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:51 pm

is it here yet

Aces over 8s
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Aces over 8s » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:59 pm

moodfood wrote:
We stayed in one last night - for the first time. It was actually pretty nice. They got a/c and heat. :D
matt.

Y'all should be making you own HEAT. :D :D :D
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming " what a ride!"

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:59 am

The care package drop-off will be located on the concrete pad in between the cabins and restaurant.This will put packages closer to where Adam is staying and easier for collection.I will have the area flagged off.And plenty of help for collection so can get on water ASAP.For the guys that will be there Friday,I will be there as well as a few other locals to meet/guide you guys for an evening ride.

GatorChaser
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby GatorChaser » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:00 am

My nephew is arriving back in the States today the 30th after 15 months in Iraq. He will be stationed in Alaska. Hopefully he will get some R+R and will be home for the ride. This is a great cause, theses packages mean so much to theses soldiers.

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

O.A.II

Postby basketcase0302 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:36 pm

Hey ya'll,

When I spoke to Diamondback yesterday they informed me that this benefit "hits close to home" with them also. Ask them and they will tell you why.

I feel we are lucky to have such accomadating places as Loughman Lake Lodge that welcome airboaters in with open arms. Please show them your appreciation :cheers:

Basketcase

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:57 pm

Just spoke with Jessica at Loughman's they will be open till 6:00 pm on the 16th,due to Diamondback's Christmas party which will now be off location.There are plenty of places in the area to get dinner or grill out when we get back.So I'm giving everyone a heads up.

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:24 pm

That's VERY cool of them to close a bar/restaurant on probably their busiest day of the week to throw a party for the employees.

I worked in a bar/nightclub for about 5 years and the stupid Christmas party was always on a tuesday night. (and they never closed so some missed the party)

HI-5's to Diamondback for that.

I guess that takes the pressure off to clear out of "Stan's Slab-of-Shame". :lol:

"off location" means off from Diamoneback or off from Loughman? I suppose it means off from Loughman.

The place may be closed but in a worst (best?) case scenerio we can stay and finish the project. Thanks Skeeter!

matt.

Ol Yeller
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Ol Yeller » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:58 pm

Just a heads up. The water is so low now that I'm sure the bird tower trail is going to be pure sticky mud. That leaves Snake Creek which twists plenty and has a lot of blind curves to leave Loughmans Lake. I just wonder with the amount of airboats that are going to be out there if there is a chance of two airboat meeting going in opposite directions. I believe special caution should be excercised in this part of the river. This is especially true with our boats loaded down with extra people. I think everone should be reminded of this Saturday morning. Just my two cents.

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:12 pm

I will definitely plan a meeting with everyone before we head out Sat.Thanks for your thoughts Bill.Allot of boats can also put in at Hatbill if they like.The grass trail next to Bird Tower will be my path.And anyone else that would like to follow its not that bad.

Ms. Wizard
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

food

Postby Ms. Wizard » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:59 pm

I understand the lodge will be shutting down at 6pm. What do you all think about a "SA buffet" style dinner? Everyone can bring a side dish and/or something to throw on the grill.

Is anybody else camping at Loughman? Jeff and I will be throwing up a tent.

dawn
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...."Oh *%[email protected], she's awake!"

darkwader
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby darkwader » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:36 pm

Ms. Wizard I we be there camping Friday night :occasion5: looking forward to meeting you and Jeff.
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby Dakota » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:28 pm

I am game just let me know for sure. We will be there bright and early Saturday morning but will be going home Saturday night.
www.dakotasphotography.com

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:48 pm

As long as we can pull-off labeling and paying for postage,the Mims Post Office will pickup our packages for us. :D

a1mudpuppy
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby a1mudpuppy » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:22 pm

Are we going to be able to pull that off. What do we need??

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:26 pm

Matt would be the one that could probably answer that.I have no idea nor how to do it.

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:06 pm

The way I understand it is you get a weight for the box, go to the postoffice website, enter the address (it'll see the address is overseas and take us to the little customs form we need to fill out) and we punch in the weight of the box, and it calculates the postage.

With a credit card, we pay the postage and it'll make a label for us to print and tape to the box.

That's it.

Then they'll pick up any box with a bar code label taped to it.

What we need:
Scales - got it. - Thanks DarkWader

Clear packaging tape - Basket and I are both bringing tape guns

Computer to go online - I'm not sure if we have this - I'm told several have a laptop with a Sprint or Cingular card for internet?

A printer to hook to the computer. (I have a cheap (but new) Lexmark Printer I'm going to put into the truck - But I'm not sure of the driver disk for it. I can't find it)

If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to ask that whoever brings the internet access on the computer also bring the printer. I'll still have the Lexmark (and ink refill kit - Got about a quart of black ink) as a standby.

And as a last resort, we'll have a lot of trucks there, we can haul off all the stuff and do it the old fashioned way - waiting in line at the post office with packages (During the Christmas season :roll: that is not something I'm looking forward to)

Does that answer the question? We've got a couple choices so we can be flexible and adapt to the situation.

We just need to confirm who is going to bring internet access and printing capability. I'll bring a ream of paper or two.

matt.

hmgm123
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby hmgm123 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:48 pm

My wife and I are coming, is there anybody else planning on camping in a tent? If so who and where??

Geoff

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:45 am

Matt if we can not pull off labeling and paying at location.The Post Office said we could bring packages around to back door so we would not have to wait in line.

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:00 am

Sounds Good Skeeter - The Mims post office closes at noon doesn't it? Do they have extended holiday hours? I can come back monday to help more in need be.

Geoff - At Loughmans the tent camping area is along the treeline sort of next to the driveway - Between the entrance at Hatbill road, and gator pen area. (a double chain-link fence)

But as far as I know you can pay for a spot with electricity and water and set up a tent along the edge of the parking lot over by the lake and airboat launch area. (they'll try to tell you your tent will blow away, but end up letting you set up there at your own risk)

But there are only 6 of those spots.

I heard Team Basket is in a tent this time out. I've not heard which area they are setting up camp.

I'm not camping there because my camping partner is out of town and it's no fun camping without her. (I can never remember how to set up that dang tent)

I hope this is some help for you or any other potential campers reading.

See you there!

matt.

[email protected]
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby [email protected] » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:44 am

Loughman's restaurant will be closing down at 6:00 for Diamondback's Christmas party. However, we will have 2 bands set up for the party and all airboats and campers participating in the run for soldier's are welcome to stay and enjoy the live music.

stan
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby stan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:29 am

Ifin cheryl doesn't havta work saturday( won't know till about thursday) we will be out with the camper, sorry no mobile internet access , still on dial up at the house.

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:10 pm

Bobby thanks so much for your hospitality.You guys are great.

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:20 pm

Yes Mims post office closes at noon. I can bring a trailer and ship everything from my office Monday,let me know. :idea:

jdotson
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby jdotson » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:10 pm

I had plans to attend Operation Airboat II but I had to cancel due to scheduling conflicts with employment related Christmas socials. :-( I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend!.....Hey Mood, the Sprint broadband cards work well at Loughman's I just wish I could be there to show you.

Return to “Operation Airboat II”