Operation Airboat II

Make plans here.
Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Skeeter »

Just got back from taking Darkwader and Boblee out for a ride .I will be there around 7:30.See yall in morning.

a1mudpuppy
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by a1mudpuppy »

All hook up to ready to ride

Adam hope you get this or the email I sent you I got the letter printed off, hope 30 is enough but the addresses didn't come through.

Bring them with you !

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Skeeter »

Just got back after one hell of a day.We shipped over 1000 lbs of care package items.Thanks to everyone there that helped in what ever was needed.And a Special Thanks to Bobby (Diamondback) for picking up the tab for postage.The raffle went off quite well do not have all numbers yet. Dawn will be purchasing calling cards to be sent over.We had a few small mishaps on our ride but I think it still turned out ok.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

The ride was way more than ok IT WAS MAAAVELOUS, LOL Runnin the pastures was great, climbin the hills, and doin 360's with a couple of newbies on the boat was priceless.

The people were wonderful, The temperature was excellent. we coulda used a Little more water that way bandit might not have thrown ms. Bandit out of the boat, pictures tomorrow, LOL yeah bandit your toast. I don't believe she was hurt other than gonna be sore for a day or two. Bandits boat now has matching sides because he bent the other side last time we were there and was only a few hundred feet from the same spot.

Afew broke boats but no serious injuries.

Jdotson you could see your favorite fence post just fine this time so you woulda been ok. LOL Plum crazy the wind was gentle so the little boat woulda been a blast for sure.

To all who didnt make it you missed it, probably the last great ride of the year.

Thanks to the SEMINOLE COUNTY CLUB, ya'll done good and as for the rumors about me please see skeeter, they are not true, I had nothin to do with what he was talkin to me about, and I couldn't find it on here anywhere, so I dont know .. except I didnt type it for sure.

Thanks everyone it was a blast for sure.
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

It's good to hear your report Cntry about the ride. If no one got hurt, it was a good day.

Here is a report from the Land Lubbers of the day - (joining me on shore all day were Rick and Billalvord)

We sent a total of 33 boxes weighing between 20 and 40+ pounds. The average box (by my unofficial estimate) would treat 10 or more soldiers. So we took care of AT LEAST 350 soldiers..... and my numbers are conservative I think. We may have taken care of 400 or even 500.

And at the end of the day, there were an additional 5 to 6 boxes of stuff that came in after we made our post office run.

We took 1000 pounds of stuff to the post office. A1mudpuppy's wife Lori and I sat at the post office filling out the customs forms at a nice picnic table on the loading dock for about an hour. The online postage thing just did not work out. It seemed to be set up for a typical 3 line American address, and some of the APO addresses were up to 5 lines of stuff. THe forms had to be filled out by hand.

Bobby Fleckinger is the man of the hour - He single handedly took care of the postage for the entire load. WAY TO GO BOBBY!!!! THANKS!!! His personal donation for the day was over $600 worth of postage!!!

And we have some preliminary numbers in for the raffle - We took in about $1300.00 in cash. There are soon going to be a lot of boys and military gals getting in some IN PERSON VOICE TIME with their loved ones.

WAY TO GO SOUTHERN AIRBOAT!!!!!

Missing from my thanks list are the 2 or 3 ladies who helped with the boxing. DarkWader, Limey Chris and one other who I did not get a name were also helping with Packaging and weighing.

Basketcase and MsWizard, Skeeter, along with Cchardt & Dakota did a lot too.

THANK YOU TO BLACKPOWDERSCOUT for kicking this thing off and following it thru.

A1mudpuppy did a lot with the computer - We tried to do it online!!! But the computer proved it's worth when we printed out address labels.

Thanks Diamondback & Bobby, Thanks Loughman, Thanks Southern Airboat, Thanks SCAC, and thanks for EVERYONE who took part!!!!

I think we really did something that will get noticed and appreciated by those who will recieve those boxes. :)

matt.

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear »

This is AWESOME !

I just had a feeling it was going to be a ride to be talked about for generations !

Ok it's not over yet. Now where is the press release with the numbers. Was ANY press there for the event?

This is the kinda thing that makes legends out of good people and good clubs !

Thouhg I wasn't there I am proud to be a part of Southern Airboat !

Scotty
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Dakota »

What a great time we had yesterday. We were able to send alot of stuff out to the troops. There will be alot of happy troops. Thanks to all that helped out and a special thanks to Bobby. You made us feel welcome at the end of the night at the Christmas party.
Thanks for the ride all day country. I had a great time. I was not really in the mood to ride yesterday but you was able to put me in the mood. Thanks!!! It was good to meet some new people and put some faces with names. Darkwader, you know me now. :lol:
Mudpuppy and wife you were alot of help, Skeeter you did a good job putting everything together. Thanks Rick for raising more money by auctioning off those rudders and Basket you got your rudders. Adam, it was great to see another side of you. I have never had so much fun in my life!!! I would not trade this family for anything in the world!!! Cannot wait to do it again.
Last edited by Dakota on Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

Half Ton Of "Home" Sent to Troops

Saturday December 16 2006 - Members of SouthernAirboat.com organized an event
to send relief and some comforts of home to our troops overseas.

On Saturday airboat and outdoor sporting enthusiasts gathered at Loughman Lake Lodge
in Mims, Florida to donate care packages for military personnel stationed overseas.

People from all over the state brought items listed at http://www.anysoldier.com such as toothpaste,
candy, instant soup, jerky, shampoo, baby wipes, feminine products, laundry soap, and
magazines from home. All the items were laid out and sorted into boxes.

When it was all done, the boxes were hauled off to the Mims post office for processing. The total
weight of nearly 40 boxes was over 1000 pounds.

Included in each box were cards and letters from children belonging to schools and
scouting troops across the state.

IN ADDITION to the physical merchandise collected and shipped overseas, an open invitation
was sent to several nearby military bases. A few soldiers accepted the invitation and
joined the airboaters on a ride through the marshes of the St. Johns River. About 30 airboats
participated, a good time was had by all.

In addition to the care packages sent, a raffle and auction was held after the ride which
raised over $1300. Which was used to purchase calling cards for the soldiers
stationed overseas.

Bobby Fleckinger of Diamondback Airboats in Cocoa donated over $600 for the postage.

Did I leave anyone out? I’m not a professional writer, and don’t know the little secret tricks for writing for a news release. I know there is some specific language to use (or avoid). I don’t know if I followed those rules or not, but this is my suggestion for a post-event press release.

To answer your question Scotty, No, there was not any new outlets present at our event. However, some of the donations of stuff came from some people who lived nearby and saw it on the TV listing of charity events calendar.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THIS RELEASE IS A ROUGH GUESS “TEASER� FOR THE DATE OF WHEN WE’RE GONNA DO IT AGAIN. (june?)

Matt.
Last edited by SwampMatt on Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bandit9077
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bandit9077 »

matt, just to add to the pot , when we were checking out of the Super 8 i was talking to the manager about the day and she responded by donating about 50 lbs of Kool Aid which we gave skeeter before our ride on sunday. really nice of them. Special thanks to adam, for his efforts and everyone else

Limey Chris
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Limey Chris »

OOOOOOOOOOO Your in trouble. Limey Chris stood around lookin` purty ,while his wife worked her cute hind end off packin`

However,.... I did leave cute little foot prints on Bandit`s yuppie boat, I only laughed a little when Ms Bandit did a swan dive off their boat, I found a way to get my boat airbourne, I found that black mud is sticky but if you throw your passengers off and put foot you can burn 10 gallons of gas in 30 feet. If you follow Adam you`ll either never run in water, get stuck, get lost or get pelted with jetesonned beverage containers (he went back to get them, calm down) Chasing seagulls and pelican leaves interesting evidence on your boat. Ms Basket case will say bad words if ya honk your horn at her in gas stations. Southern Airboat t shirts are $200 each and don`t come in the huskier gentlemans size. Bandit is no good at watching for prop wash...ooops my bad :wink:

All jokin` aside I havn`t had so much fun with some of the most genuine people in an age of sundays. Y`all are cool with a capital ool. I wanna do it again

Ms. Wizard
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

OA II

Post by Ms. Wizard »

OMG.....What a weekend! Adam, Jeff and I counted the money received for raffle tickets, we ended up with $1325.00. I will get the calling cards out this week. Adam, don't forget to email me the addresses.

To everyone that participated in this run, THANK YOU. This is what it's all about. As always it was great to see the SAO family. Some new faces to match with names of folks I feel I already know. Thank you Adam for setting this up. And to Rick for bringing us together.
And a standing ovation to Bobby Fleckinger! Thank you for your hospitality and your generosity.

Saturday night was the most fun I have had in a long time. My sides hurt from laughing so hard.

Sunday morning came awful early.......thanks to Bob for taking us all on a great ride. The weather was good to us. Temperature was just cool enough to wash out all those nasty toxins from the night before. Kudos to Miss Bonnie for letting her husband live and getting back on the horse that threw her. Limey chris's boat CAN out run a mad cow! For those of you who didn't make this one.....you were with us in spirit.

dawn
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...."Oh *%$@, she's awake!"

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Post by blackpowderscout »

Well, boys and girls, it's a shame that this weekend had to end. I was having a blast from the word GO!!! I cannot say enough about the support that everyone involved gave to making this thing go so smoothly.

Thanks are due to the following individuals (in NO Order, I'm just pulling this from memory):

Mr. & Mrs. Skeeter: Bob, you really were the driving force behind making this go so easily for everyone. Bob planned the location, the route, and led the way on the ride.

Mr. & Mrs. Mudpuppy: Bill and Lori kicked butt on that little laptop!!! I didn't see Lori's face for a while because she had it stuck in that brown box making sure all the labels and stickers were right. It was actually Bill's idea to do this ride in the first place too!! Thanks.

Matt: The stuff had to get to the post office and Matt and Lori went and made it happen. I'm positve it wasn't fun sitting there and hand-jamming those forms but he stepped up and made it happen. THANKS TO YOU, SIR!!!!

Dawn & Charity: These two beauties were hard at work all morning selling raffle tickets and collecting donations. There's more to follow on their escapades!!! Thanks wild girls!!!

Bobby Fleckinger: He stepped up and handed us a credit card and paid for all the shipping as well as going to the post office to see the boxes off as well. His hospitality showed when we got to stay and partake in the awesome party they threw after the store shut down that night. My hats off to you!!!

Mongose: I didn't even know he was there until I see this little guy in a hooded sweatshirt feverishly taping up boxes and getting them ready to go. You should be well qualified to get a post office job after your work that day!!! Big Thanks to you too!!

Limey Chris and Sophia: What do I say?? Folks, these two are one in a million. They were there early jumped right in on building boxes and filling them up. Chris was trying really hard to buy him some rudders during the raffle sale and although unsuccessful, I do think he won some aviation oil...HAH!!!! I have got to ride with that crew some more!!!!

The list goes on and on...Banditt, Darkwader, Greg Snavely, Big Daddy Dave and Theresa, Swampjet, Cntry, Watchthis Scott, PlumCrazy, Geneva0550, and bunches more that I don't even remember right now....sorry but my head still hurts from that night :lol:

The ride was awesome!!! Especially for Mrs. Banditt!!!! :wink: I've never seen that area before and you guys sure have plenty of room to roam. We went to B.S. Hill, Buzzard Mound, the stone bridge, and Cooter Cove (I have pictures at this one, hope Nicole don't see 'em). Limey Chris took Sophia for a ride and tried his hand at stunt driving and tried to get the Bog Trotter airborne a few times!!

Coming back to the hill, I was following Cntry. Charity looked back and waved for me to pass him. Well, my buddy Weiser spoke to me and said go for it so off we went and past him in the pasture. We were scootin pretty good and altough those pasture look flat...they aren't!!! My partner Chris tapped me on the back and was trying to get me to slow down but the I just said " Yeah!!! It is fun isn't it!!!" but he shook his head and said NO!! and pointed to the cooler. It had fell and spilled all it's precious cargo across that pasture!!! I yelled and spun to a stop and we quickly gathered up our wayward friends and carried on. Charity said she was trying to tell me which way we were going....yeah right. :wink: I finally succeeded in damaging my cage enough to warrant a re-rig by Chris Chardt, at least that's what I told Nicole.... :shock:

Back at the lodge, some of our crew decided to celebrate our wonderful day by partaking of the amber water and what debauchery and mischief ensued!!!! Charity and Dawn are wonderful drinking partners and I'm not sure who was having the most fun. Dawn is a great cook and it was no time before she filled some buns with some wieners and 'balls. :wink: I am antisocial to an extent so I didn't party with the Diamondback crew but I sure did have fun on that slab with our gang!!!

Finally, I want to end by thanking Rick and his wonderful family. They are the only reason we are together and able to enjoy each other's company on this website. They are really responsible making this whole weekend possible. THANKS.

If I left anyone out, I apologize. I am horrible with names!!!

Adam
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

bandit9077
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bandit9077 »

well, again another great day, my son and daughter surprised us by getting to the party early, threw the Ms. out of the boat, boy was she dirty!! collected a lot of stuff. whew!! a lot for an old guy and then "LIMEY CHRIS" talk about an accident looking for a place to happen!! LOL. Great new friends thanks for adding to a wonderful day. Sophia and chris we look forward(through all the debris LOL) to our next ride together. Skeeter, as usual the best tour guide there is!! Dawn and Jeff as usual the best. thanks everyone

darkwader
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by darkwader »

I had this sent to me it sum up what the weekend was all about me and others like Skeeters son.

Prayer Request

THE TASK AHEAD OF YOU IS NEVER AS GREAT AS THE POWER BEHIND YOU.

Be strong in the Lord,and in his mighty power.
EPHESIANS 6:10

Prayer Request
I understand that life in Iraq is very difficult to bear right now. Our troops need our prayers for strength, endurance and safety.

I am sorry but I am not breaking this one. Send this on after a short prayer; please don't break it:

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands.
Protect them as they protect us.
Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need.
Amen."
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

mongose
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by mongose »

AMEN
Family First. Joined KVRSA on 3-06. Joined the SCAC on 4-06.

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Dakota »

Hey Adam you are not as antisocial as you think you are. I saw a side of you that night I had never seen before. Thanks for the good times with you as well as your friend. He was a blast until he passed out in the room. Thought he could hang with us. LOL Yes Dawn, I did forget to say thank you for the food that night. We were all starving and you opened it up for us. Thanks Bandit for going to the store to pick up some more for us. Again, I had a blast.

darkwader
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by darkwader »

Dakota it was a great pleasure meeting you and Ms Wizard and Lady Bandit for the second time sorry about not coming back over and parting with all of ya'll I am not antisocial. My back was pretty trashed time we got done had to lay down.

oh Mrs.Bandit sorry I miss the live entertainment show (The Flying Bandits pretty catchy name) I hope you are not hurt. :shock:

Skeeter and Geneva thanks again man for the tour guide for the weekend had a great time Dave I hope their is nothing major wrong with your motor looking forward to coming up and riding again Skeeter study that map you won :lol:

Limey and Sophia it was a pleasure riding with, we will get to gather and and ride the Withalawhowho soon. Oh yea my son ask what was a bog I told him it was how you blokes say swamp :P :P

Adam it was great man enjoy every minute of it we had bets that your rider was leaving the boat before the day was over no one bet on the cooler :D

Basketcase and Ms.Wizard good to meet you an Jeff I am happy you won or bought you a set of rudders. :P
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

catchin my breath!

Post by basketcase0302 »

WOW!

By far I think the largest gathering of S.A. members and thier boats in one place for awhile!

Bobby and Fran, Thank you for all the wonderful help that Diamondback provided, and for Loughman lake. It is truly an awesome place that Ms Wizard and I feel right at home at!

BPS, 2nd time around and bigger is always better! Good job man.

Skeeter, Aint' nobody will ever compare to yours and SCAC's hospitality! Are you sure that river don't flow from north to South? Sure looks like it does!

Rick, Thank you for making all this possible!

Mood the postmaster, my friend you always seem to get somebody out of a bind, (only truck there with no trailer hooked-up to deliver to the P.O.)!

Geneva0550, How do you get a truck into the middle of the St. Johns anyway? always good to ride with you!

A1 and Lauri, Good job with the laptop! I gotta get me one of them new fangled power thingamabobbys :lol:

Swampjet and BigDaddy, ya'll are just too fast for me! turn around and you're gone :iroc:

CC and Dakota, family as always is good. still got ya'lls blanki!

Bandit and Bonnie, Ya'll gotta find a room if'n you're gonna continue to mud wrestle in public :D Tell that son of yours to go kick some raghead butt!

Watch This, Wish we coulda rode with ya'll on Saturday.

Cntry, I aint' seen a young soldier smile like that in awhile!

KR23, Sorry I didn't get to meet you. Keep things in line for us over there!

Mongoose, Good job with the packaging. Wish I woulda known that was you right beside me getting all taped up!

Safari Rick, Love the bush inspector hats :lol:

Wade, Tell that wife of yours ya'll gotta ride more often. Good to see ya'll!

Darkwader, Good to finally meet you! Nice ride you got there. Hope to run with ya'll up there soon :roll: Prayin for rain...

Limey Chris, Good to meet your better half and ride with you finally! was there really any trolls on top of that bridge?

Gotta apologize for leaving anybody out but my brains hard drive is in warp speed tryinig to get ready for the holidays!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY :santa:

Basketcase

Root Pass
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Root Pass »

My brother and I had a great time.It was great to meet you all.Thanks Skeeter for taking us out Friday night we had a blast.And thanks again Darkwader for you and your sons' help getting my rudder back in place.That narrow part of the river sure has some fast current.
Looks like I'll have to start looking for an aluminum hull and aircraft motor... Those were some BAD boats!!!
One step ahead of the HOA
:florida:

KR23
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by KR23 »

thanks basketcase maybe next time and it was great meeting those of you i met. adam it was good to meet you. 0550 hows the boat the pictures of my brother picking up your boat and all the others were great.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction"

http://www.performanceairboats.com/Home_Page.html (407)349-1209

Warrior AirCraft Engines: (772)260-4235

darkwader
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by darkwader »

Sorry we miss you KR23 what boat were you on

KR23
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by KR23 »

the blue don davis with the ground power.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction"

http://www.performanceairboats.com/Home_Page.html (407)349-1209

Warrior AirCraft Engines: (772)260-4235

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Thanks everybody...we had a great time too.

Seeing those pictures of the ride really hit home...I've got to get my boat back together.

Can't wait to see those rudders on your boat Jeff:

Rick

Return to “Operation Airboat II”