Volunteers

Make plans here.
Geneva0550
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Geneva0550 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:44 pm

The Mims post office sent me about 50 of the US Customs lables needed for the packages. I can bring them to loughmans friday night or saturday morning. I can have them send me more if you think we will need them.

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Postby blackpowderscout » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:23 pm

If you can get more, get 'em.

Adam
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:54 pm

I can bring some tables too. Some of the same ones from the wedding reception. (I shoulda just left them there)

But it makes me wonder how much we should bother setting up.... Skeeter told me of some other event (possibly) later in the day at the same spot? I saw mention of it but no hard facts. Maybe just set up in the campsite area? Or by the gator pit?

Is there any conflict?

Adam, Let us know how many tables you like. It looks like we have about 5 to 6 (total) available from the S/A crew. I can get a couple more if I clean off the tables I'm using as work benches in my shop. (Now, that's a chore!) :lol:

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Postby blackpowderscout » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:05 pm

I'd just as soon leave as small a footprint as possible...bring the tables but leave 'em in the trucks, if we need them we know where they are. I've never even been to Loughman so I have no clue as to what I'm getting into regarding the layout. I've relied on Skeeter to figure all that out for me. One thing I've found out from my time in the military is that no matter how well thought out the plan is, it almost always changes as soon as you hit the ground.....the key is to BE FLEXIBLE!!!!

Adam

NRA Life

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:41 pm

We will be fine on the concrete slab, we should not need more than 3 tables.Dave can get more labels if needed.I have 40 to 50 boxes coming for packing items in.Lets not get to carried away,we want to pack and go as fast as possible.We will have plenty of man power. I will be there Fri night to get area roped off and signs directing everyone to that area, so everyone knows where to go Sat morning.

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:34 am

Not much point of putting out press releases if we get it all finished and hauled away 10 minutes before they arrive late.

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Postby blackpowderscout » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:32 am

I think what Skeeter means is that none of us wants to have to sit around and pack boxes ALL DAY. If it comes to that, no problem that means we had a HUGE turnout!! With the outpouring of support that I think we will have this long timeline shouldn't be the case. I think there will be several folks staying back to take care of any last minute things so even if someone comes a little late they can still pitch in and we can get their stuff included.

The press release has a time of 10 AM, I think. I doubt we'll be leaving to go then...espescially if the weather is cold like today (I'm all for letting the sun warm things up a bit :P ).

NRA Life

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby cntry141iq » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:45 am

I think we should drive our airboats into mims and deliver the packages by airboat to the post office ... talk about making a statement that would do it.
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Postby blackpowderscout » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:07 pm

cntry141iq wrote:I think we should drive our airboats into mims and deliver the packages by airboat to the post office ... talk about making a statement that would do it.

We may have to.... :wink:

Adam

NRA Life

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:28 pm

Sorry guys if I seem to be a little defensive.But my boy has been here all week and he is leaving to go back to Dover to get ready to leave for Iraq and I'm a little distracted right know. :( But everything is coming together,and I cant say enough about all the help that has been pouring in.See everyone there.Be stay traveling.

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

volunteers

Postby basketcase0302 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:20 pm

Skeeter,

I thought your son was gonna be able to make the ride with us? Tell him to stay safe, keep his head down and go kick some "sheethead" butt!

Will say a prayer for him for safe passage there and back. Please tell him we really do appreciate his dedication and courage.

Jeff

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:29 pm

No kidding Jeff!!! I hope your son is able to make it to the ride in just over a week, Skeeter.

If not, we'll consider him there "in spirit".

I know we're thinking of him and others like him a lot these days. Even more so during the holidays.

God Speed to him. We hope he comes out of "his adventure" a stronger person.

matt.

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Skeeter » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:35 pm

Thanks for all the kind words guys,but unfortunately he was not able to get his leave scheduled for that week.But he sends his best and appreciates everything we are doing for the troops.

darkwader
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby darkwader » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:19 am

Adam I got the electonic scale from my bass club
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby cntry141iq » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:53 pm

Has anyone thought about asking the post office to come to us and pick up the packages??? I have been told they do that stuff and this seems like a good reason for them to come out there. Just a thought
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:37 pm

I asked about that cntry - they will if we go online and print/pay the postage ahead of time. They will bring whatever size truck it takes to pick them all up.

Skeeter's point about keeping a small footprint is a good one, Adam's point about being flexible is something to remember too.

Thanks Dwader about the scales - if we can get online and access to a printer the shipping of these pups will be complete.

It may not be needed - but I like the flexibility to do so. It's pretty easy.

I'll bring my laptop - but I need to hardwire to a connection. That leaves a printer and the only missing link for that possibility. It'll probably be next year till I get one of those cellular internet cards for my computer.

Looking good - I hope we get TEN TIMES as much stuff as last time!!! There's gonna be some happy soldiers!!!

Hey - Last time we were asked to send some hard candy - It turned out that this was not just for the soldiers - they passed it out to kids over there as a good-will gesture. Is that still going on? Is a bag of hard candy a good thing to include in a package?

Adam - your Cherokee was packed high and wide - good show!!! :thumbup:

matt.

Return to “Operation Airboat II”