Excess funding from Raffle proceeds?

Make plans here.

What to do with excess funds from O.A. II ?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:12 am

Create a "trust" fund/account for next years run
62%
Excess funding to go to S.A. "Site Support' (without S.A. we would not be here anyway)!
19%
Excess funding should go to airboating's Bonnie Basham(our attorney fighting for us in Tallahassee)
19%

Total votes: 26

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Excess funding from Raffle proceeds?

Post by basketcase0302 »

Hey ya'll,

Please vote on our options for what to do with excess funding generated from the O.A. II.

Southern Airboat has always been about helping through a democratic process. For fairness to everyone I've set-up this poll with several options, (if anyone feels another option should be here please let me know). The poll will run for one week which should give everyone time to vote.

Thanks,

Jeff

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Skeeter »

What ever monies are raised,I feel need to stay towards what this cause is all about,the troops.By no means do I think it should go to Bonnie.I have nothing against Bonnie,and feel she gives airboaters a great service.But that is not what the raffle was started for.

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

you are right Skeeter.

How about taking the leftover cash and purchasing a few more care package items and putting together another few boxes?

Saving enough for postage we can let it get down to coins which can be tossed into a wishing well or whatever.

matt.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art »

I like Mood's idea ..... excess will buy more stuff. :)

olf
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

bravo1218
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by bravo1218 »

Hopefully we wont need them next year. (I have a dream) so I also vote to use the money now for our guys and gals in service to our country.
Tim
Hangover's last only one day
Memories made last a lifetime

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Post by blackpowderscout »

I put a trust fund because there wasn't exactly what I wanted...I was thinking about maybe donating it to a fund that helps those immediate family members of fallen soldiers and marines.

I do think having money for legal defense is important but I think it's only right to stay with the spirit of this event and keep the money going toward helping soldiers.

My 2 cents....

Adam
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

trust fund for troop benefit activities like this one.
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

excess funds

Post by basketcase0302 »

Cool,

Trust fund got my vote too. How would we go about this?

Jeff

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Dakota »

I am with Skeeter and all. I think we take the excess monies and buy more stuff for the troops now. I like the trust fund idea but not for this. I think more stuff would be better at this time. Some of those men and women do not have any family and with the holidays coming I think getting stuff in the mail is a great thing. So I did not vote on any of them.

Limey Chris
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Limey Chris »

Why worry about trust funds etc. Find out how much money is left and donate it to St Judes or to a fund for families of our fallen hero`s.

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear »

The leftover money was given for a specific purpose. I think the only ethical use for it is to put it to that use. I vote trust fund. If site support is shy we can kick in some more if needed. Really doesnt have to be an official trust fund just somebody hold it til we do this again.

Scotty
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Red Dwarf

Post by Red Dwarf »

Skeeter wrote:What ever monies are raised,I feel need to stay towards what this cause is all about,the troops.By no means do I think it should go to Bonnie.I have nothing against Bonnie,and feel she gives airboaters a great service.But that is not what the raffle was started for.

I agree

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

spending the extra for the troops now is fine with me, I voted trust fund because I didnt see a spend it now option. We don't need change back use the money for what it was intended .... now not later there may not be a later,.
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

bandit9077
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bandit9077 »

i am with cntry, we donated for the troops, use it for the troops now! not later. we need postal money, use it for that

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

raffle

Post by basketcase0302 »

Bandit,

I believe that several folks have already donated for some of the postage. There will probably be excess funds generated from the raffle items.

Ok, so we need a volunteer, (I know NAVY means Never Again Volunteer Yourself) :D

Who/how/when to go get more stuff if funds run over the amount needed for shipping what's on hand?

Jeff

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Post by blackpowderscout »

It would be real easy to give to a charity that supports soldiers......

Adam
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

Skeeter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Skeeter »

Communication for the soldiers, with their families probably means alot to them.Buy em calling cards with the left over money.Just a thought.

Ms. Wizard
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

good one

Post by Ms. Wizard »

Hey y'all....I think skeeter's idea is the best one yet. The concensus seems to be, keep the excess funds for the cause. I will volunteer to get the calling cards and with some help from BPS and all will get them mailed out. Of course it will be after the ride and shipping etc. This okay with the rest of the SA family? If so....I will git - r- done.

dawn
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...."Oh *%$@, she's awake!"

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

works for me and you dont even got to wear any shoes to do it LOL love ya

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by SwampMatt »

AWESOME IDEA!!!! :D

Calling cards!!! But only if the end up overseas. A call home is more important when it's from far away.

matt.

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

I voted for the trust fund before I read the entire thread. I've kinda been out of it for the past week or so (herniated disk/sciatica flared up again).

We're doing okay as far as Site Support....let's spend it on the troops now.

Besides, I know if we ever get in a bind, all I'd have to do is ask.

Rick

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear »

To everyone involved in this, I am truely proud to see a sense of ethics come out in this group decision. Spend it now or later is fine either way, but spend it where it was intended. That to me makes a huge ethics statement for all to see.

Makes me proud to be associatin with the likes of yall buncha redneck airboaters.

Scotty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

KR23
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by KR23 »

i give my extra money to the special operations warrior foundations. the money goes to the fallen comrades of mine to pay for college for there kids or anything there family needs we are a small group of the military so the money for these things really doesn't come around, we might get all the cool gear and guns but the family thing is not there. thats why we support ourselves with things like this. the big military has alot of support. but the guys who fight the dirty fight with no thanks need help to, and thanks to guys like ROSS PEROT we can help our fallen comrades.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction"

http://www.performanceairboats.com/Home_Page.html (407)349-1209

Warrior AirCraft Engines: (772)260-4235

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Dakota »

I agree with Ms. Wizard. I think that is a great idea and I personally do not have a problem with her doing that. I know they love those calling cards and I think that would be perfect for them. My best friends son is there and I know he appreciates a calling card so he can keep in touch with his family.

KR23
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by KR23 »

i agree with what ever helps our men and women.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction"

http://www.performanceairboats.com/Home_Page.html (407)349-1209

Warrior AirCraft Engines: (772)260-4235

Return to “Operation Airboat II”