SW Georgia Riding

Make plans here!
Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:32 pm

Sniper, the orange flags are nothing new for airboats ...... they've had to run them for years here down South because of the marsh grass. It only became State wide last year.

I guess the reasoning behind bass boats not having to run them is that they know those guys have to have something like a minimum of 2' of water under them to run, and that they're not going to be popping out of some high grass someplace simply because they're not able to run there. Only reason I can think of. olf
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby plumcrazy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:54 pm

they do tend to fish alot at the exit point of airboat trails almost ran more than one or two in my day when you do aemergency about face manuver they think your really trying to piss them off . someone finaly explained the waterthunder manuver to slow em down in the canal can wait for my next opp. to try it

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:34 am

You'll have to teach me that one, Plum.

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:05 am

OK Plum you have my curiosity now what is a WaterThunder maneuver ?I can't wait to read this on if it comes from WaterThunder it's got to be good.
Sniper You can run but why die tired, If you heard my shot you were not the target
DOI Airboat Instructor

a1mudpuppy
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby a1mudpuppy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:08 pm

OK now that I've had a chance to look at this how far from Blakely, GA and Columbus, AL is this ride . I've got family at both places I just may ride this one to.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:12 pm

About 20 minutes ...... both places. :lol:

Come on man. Ride with us.

a1mudpuppy
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby a1mudpuppy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:43 pm

I'm thinking about it. Could leave friday, stay at the in-laws and make a run to it Saturday morning.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:41 am

A1, a lot of us will be towing up on Saturday ...... probably won't be there much before noon that day. I'm not planning on leaving until Monday. Sunday will be the big ride day for a lot of us.

You might even be able to drop your boat off over at the Dixon's on your way up to the in-laws and not have to tow it back to Bainbridge on Saturday. :idea:

Carol Dixon
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Carol Dixon » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:24 am

Olf Art wrote:A1, a lot of us will be towing up on Saturday ...... probably won't be there much before noon that day. I'm not planning on leaving until Monday. Sunday will be the big ride day for a lot of us.

You might even be able to drop your boat off over at the Dixon's on your way up to the in-laws and not have to tow it back to Bainbridge on Saturday. :idea:
Olf,if A1 needs to drop his boat here and go onto the in-laws that will be fine.lots of room here and all fenced in.Blakely is not far at all from us and if he chooses there is a back way to go to Wingates if he does not want to leave it here.Do you know how many are planning to make this trip?? We need find out how many and where they all are staying.I will put up a new post today and ask unless you want to do it.We need to know and figure out how spread out everyone is so we can gather them up,don't want anyone wandering into the stumps and not know where to go.We have a guy that works for us and Paul always lets him take the lead and we take up the rear.Not trying to be the boss here but we do have some areas that they need to know about,those with fiberglass boats don't want to go home with a hole in them.Those stumps don't move!! We have lots of areas that have no stumps and of course that is where we run,but we know the lake well so everyone needs to fall in line at least until we can show them around.Carol
Gobbler Getter

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:57 am

No problem with the stumps, Carol. I'm sure y'all know where every one of em are.
That old Cypress harvesting years back sure made life interesting didn't it ? I'm gonna probably try my hand at a little crappie fishin that weekend too. Around those old stumps are a good place to find them.
Any idea what a 3 day out-of-state license runs ?

About the number of boats ..... we seem to pick up 2-3 every week or so. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see at least 30 by the time Mar. 25th gets here.

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:03 am

Well I just realized that I have a stupid Horse show to photograph the week end of the ride and even though it's good money they are so boring, I am sick because I was so looking forward to coming to this ride,now I have to cancel my reservations and tell my buddy that was coming with me that it is off, Well you all have fun and I hope it goes well and maybe I can go next time you have one,I'm going to call the Horse show folks and see if I can get out of it but I'm not going to hold my breath
Sniper You can run but why die tired, If you heard my shot you were not the target
DOI Airboat Instructor

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:11 am

Sniper, it's probably close to the same tow for both of us and Jdot and a couple of others won't be able to go because of prior commitments.

Nothing says we can't do it again a little later in the year.

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:26 am

Olf Art

Well you just made me feel a lot better I kinda felt like I was letting folks down and now you just gave me something to look forward too.You were one of the ones I was most looking forward to meeting so now I don't feel so bad that you won't be there thanks for making a difficult situation a little better
DOI Airboat Instructor

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:34 am

Swampjet's bride, Janis is from Bainbridge, and I know they want to get up there a little later in the Summer. One of the big airboat shows in the South is also that weekend so there will be alot of folks conflicted that weekend.

I figure I'll go up and figure out where all the barstools .... er, I mean stumps are this trip and then I'm sure the Dixons will be happy to have us back again later in the year. :)

goatwings
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby goatwings » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:25 am

Olf Art wrote:Swampjet's bride, Janis is from Bainbridge, and I know they want to get up there a little later in the Summer. One of the big airboat shows in the South is also that weekend so there will be alot of folks conflicted that weekend.

I figure I'll go up and figure out where all the barstools .... er, I mean stumps are this trip and then I'm sure the Dixons will be happy to have us back again later in the y
ear. :)

Their is not that many stumps up here and also if you stay on the trails you don't have to worry about them anyway. We also have a lot of high grass with trails, miles of them. Another good place to stay is TRAILS-END cabins and camp ground. Airboat friendly. Come on up and enjoy your self with no harassment from the game people and you don't have to have mufflers.

Carol Dixon
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Carol Dixon » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:12 am

Olf Art wrote:No problem with the stumps, Carol. I'm sure y'all know where every one of em are.
That old Cypress harvesting years back sure made life interesting didn't it ? I'm gonna probably try my hand at a little crappie fishin that weekend too. Around those old stumps are a good place to find them.
Any idea what a 3 day out-of-state license runs ?

About the number of boats ..... we seem to pick up 2-3 every week or so. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see at least 30 by the time Mar. 25th gets here.
Olf,I know this is a bad question (or maybe just for women) but if you are an "Olf Art" like Paul and are over 65 then you don't need one.Ga.and Fla.reciprocate with each other.Other wise it is cheaper to buy a 7 day for non residents it's only $7.00 but for 1 day it's$3.50 does not make sense but that's the way it is.Like H Maddox said yes we know where all the stumps are.Sorry to hear Sniper can't come was looking forward to meeting him as well.Ok Sniper just tell all those people to "HOLD THEIR HORSES" you got better fish to fry.!!! Carol
Gobbler Getter

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:53 am

Carol

I was really looking forward to meeting you and Paul to I think after I get through making those horse show folks wallets lighter I going to make a trip down there on my own,really have my interest on that area and I'm sure I can find some body to go with me so you will probably be seeing me real soon after you all have your ride, I like to take you and Paul out for a ride in my WaterThunder powered boat and see what you think.
DOI Airboat Instructor

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:21 pm

Carol. that 7 day will work. I'm not as 'Mature' as Paul ..... but some mornings it feels like it. :lol:

Carol Dixon
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Carol Dixon » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:15 pm

Sniper wrote:Carol

I was really looking forward to meeting you and Paul to I think after I get through making those horse show folks wallets lighter I going to make a trip down there on my own,really have my interest on that area and I'm sure I can find some body to go with me so you will probably be seeing me real soon after you all have your ride, I like to take you and Paul out for a ride in my WaterThunder powered boat and see what you think.
Sounds great Sniper and we are always sitten on ready and waiting on go.!! We'd love to ride your WaterThunder. Heck if ya can't find anyone to come with you don't worry bout that ,we've always got a group ready to ride. Your welcome anytime.Carol
Gobbler Getter

jrstultz
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby jrstultz » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:21 pm

Counting the days. I hear Craig contacted Carol last week about the ride,and made a reservation at Windgates. So we have one more boat for the ride. :thumbleft:
Can't never Could!!

blackpowderscout
Southern Airboat Member

Postby blackpowderscout » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:06 pm

Won't be making this one after all. Big job just came up at work that starts in the next few weeks and I'll be gone for a while. Maybe next time....

Adam
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

Limey Chris
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Limey Chris » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:16 pm

Adam , that sux.

We have a vacant cabin at Wingates if anyone wants it. Bandit has had to bow out. I guess the seatbelts ai`nt in yet.
So if ya wan it it`s yours for the askin`
Last edited by Limey Chris on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:16 pm

Hate to hear that Adam .... was lookin forward to riding with you again. We'll be doing it again up there later in the year and the invitation is always open.

Best of luck with the new assignment.

harvey
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby harvey » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:27 pm

Ya'll were aware of the Hooters girls, free beer, and the Sports Illustrated swimsuit models right? Man, I hate for anyone to miss this ride. :lol:

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:03 pm

Yeah, Harvey ..... one of the Sports Illustrated models has been PM'n me for days now wanting to ride, but I told her that between the bait bucket and the cooler, and the extra rain gear and stuff she would just have to look for another ride. :lol:

Sorry Adam. :P

Return to “March Ride”