It’s been a little bit sinc my last post but I have made a fair bit of progress since then.
I finally made enough room in the garage to slide the boat in. The engine stand was starting to rust a little from sitting outside even with a tarp on it. Not being a big fan of cleaning and prep work prior to painting i didn’t want the seat stand or the cage to start rusting. I hit the cage with some primer to protect it until I’m ready to work on rudder mounts.
I have pretty much finished the seat stand. The front seat will be removable. I mounted the gauge console on the floor because it was pretty clunky looking on the side of the seat stand. It just seemed practical there; low CG, out of the way, short wiring runs, etc.
Using expanded aluminum for the floor and driver seat basket as well as for chain guards. All the aluminum is bolted down with 1/4-20 bolts which requires a ton of mounting tabs. I have made a bunch already by drilling twice and cutting with a sawsall. I underestimated how many tabs it would take but I have a friend with a shear and a punch and die so I was able to cranck our 48 1”x1 1/2” tabs with a 5/16” hole in about 30-45min. I still have a little more work to do with the chain and sprocket guards and a guard for the prop shaft.
I picked up some aluminum to build a gas pedal assembly and after that I need to start thinking about rudders ad mounting.
Airboats with smaller powerplants.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: AlaskanOutdoorsman and 4 guests