Konig SC430 Radial ultralite engine

Airboats with smaller powerplants.
Banjomun
Southern Airboat Member

Konig SC430 Radial ultralite engine

Postby Banjomun » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:09 pm

I have what is left of an experimental airship. the frame is made of 1 inch T6 6061 Aluminum Tube. The engine is a Konig SC430 Radial engine. The entire frame, seat, engine and prop weighs about 80lbs. The SC430 put out 24 HP at 4200 rpm and produces 143 lbs of static thrust. the engine is from the 1980s and has less than 10 hours on it. It runs great. I aquired it a few years ago and thought I would make a mini airboat out of it. I clamped it on a 12 x7 foot fiberglass hull (Hull was extremely bad and has been trashed.) With two people in the boat it got up to speed quickly and had no trouble moving across the water. I had no air rudders so i could only do straight runs then shut it down. Cant tell you the speed but it wwas moving. I estimate the hull weight at 200lbs. Well ive been given strict orders by the war dept . to get it out of the garage. I have no idea what it is worth. Anybody out there with any ideas. I will post a pic tomorrow.
Thanks

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Re: Konig SC430 Radial ultralite engine

Postby cntry141iq » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 pm

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC430-SD570/

Discussion group and place to share useful information about the Konig Radial Engine and related topics.
Engines include all 3 and 4 Cylinder Dieter Konig, Zanzoterra and Compact Radial Engine produced units.
SC430 and SD570 models.

The König SC 430 is a three-cylinder, two-stroke, single ignition radial aircraft engine designed for powered paragliders and single place ultralight trikes.[1][2]

The engine was originally designed and produced by Dieter König of Berlin, Germany. The design was sold to Zanzottera Technologies of Italy and then sold again, along with the rest of Zanzottera's two-stroke ultralight aircraft engine line to Compact Radial Engines of Surrey, British Columbia, Canada.[1][2]

might have better luck on the site above .. just a thought
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Chris Clearihan
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Chris Clearihan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:12 am

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Konig SC430 Radial ultralite engine in running condition?
Any help would be appreciated as I am in the land of down under Australia
Please email me with info chrisclearihanwork@gmail.com
Chris

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:40 am

Just PM the creator of this thread. Check our classifieds.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Return to “Mini-Airboats”