panther bolt on conversion kit

Airboats with smaller powerplants.
tracker2015
Southern Airboat Member

panther bolt on conversion kit

Postby tracker2015 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:18 pm

Two years ago I found a panther bolt on kit with 503 rotax and gear reduction. 3 blade warp drive. Has 16 hrs on it. Looks mint. I had it tuned up and looked over by local rotax guy.Seems to run great. I cannot find any info on it anywhere. I know they were for Jon boats but would like to put it on a lightweight 12x6 and see what she'll do. Any info or advice from you experienced guys??

Thank You

Bestwaterfowler
Southern Airboat Member

Re: panther bolt on conversion kit

Postby Bestwaterfowler » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:42 pm

I have the same set up but took 3 blade off and rebuilt cage to hold 66 inch 2 blade ultra prop 2. Really woke the boat up! But actually thinking of going with 3 blades

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk[/url]

tracker2015
Southern Airboat Member

Postby tracker2015 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:37 pm

Well I just blew out the aftermarket starter on it this weekend. Side mounted with cog belt to another cog. Then to a one way grab to crankshaft. Can't even find a reference to it anywhere on the net. Luckily I work with very good machinists that figured it out. I'll be building several. No big deal except I was on last ice and had to be towed by another airboat. Lucky he was out. Do you have any more specs on these units? Seems we are the only two who have one anymore. Love it and it works awesome but sure would like a go to for parts!!! Please keep in touch.
Attachments
IMG_0349.jpg

tracker2015
Southern Airboat Member

Postby tracker2015 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:38 pm

Sorry pic rotated 90 deg

Bestwaterfowler
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Bestwaterfowler » Thu May 03, 2018 9:48 am

I still have pull rope on mine. Couldn't see spending $700 on aftermarket starter. If you google gpl starter kit for rotax they have a kit that retains the pull rope also. Good idea if dead battery or starter goes out.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk[/url]

Return to “Mini-Airboats”