Whose payn 45 $ to watch the races?

How to soup'em up...a little less moderated...medium skin thickness required!
Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Whose payn 45 $ to watch the races?

Post by Rich Andrews » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Feedback for the event promoters....and IMO, if your relying on mudders to watch,and ignoring race fans,your temporarily putting aside any success...again this is MY OPINION after talking with several people who planned to go but changed their minds. I sure hope I am wrong because I love watching airboat racing,and hope it continues and expands.
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Whose payn 45 $ to watch the races?

Post by yobee » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:44 am

This airboater, a bunch of his friends, his old lady, his fellow club members, almost every other club in the state and their members and a whole bunch more are opting out of the race for the Palm Beach County club's show that has been held at this time for years prior... As much as I would have loved to I got prior commitments. Same thing next year, for the record!
Life is great, without it you'd be dead.
Volusia County Sportsmen's Conservation Association Member
http://lakeokeechobeeairboatassociation.org/
Continental powered Performance hull.

Ruagatr
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Ruagatr » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:42 am

Not paying 45 dollars to see an airboat race on any day, especially where my truck is searched and gun taken from me and held. Not to mention the palm beach show takes precedence.

Maddog

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:50 am

Me and the kids were ready to go but I am not paying $45. That's the silliest thing I have heard in a while!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:24 am

absolutely not ... 10 bucks . yep 15 tops ... stay outta my truck ... and my guns are my business .. it wouldn't be that hard to put a arm band on airboat spectators to make sure they stayed in the airboat racing area ... but it is their house .. so they rule .. if ya go ...
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

simpleman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by simpleman » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:45 am

thats a good point cntry 14 about a wrist band for airboat races only, should build a special fence around for the airboat spectators,i had a group of people supposed to go and backed out because they only wanted to go see the airboats and then leave,but herd the 45 bucks and when you are a family of 5 that alot of money to go see some airboats race.10 to 15 would be reasonable.

JROWLAND
Southern Airboat Member

Post by JROWLAND » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:02 am

That's more than the nhra races

PANAMA RED
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by PANAMA RED » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:02 am

Not good , after last nights phone calls , know of 6 adults , and 4 kids not going !! And all were really geared up about the event :(

Not a good way to build up airboating racing , and the whole outlook on airboating as a sport in general !

NARA ,, you really need to get some action in motion to salvage this event , help us out , and "YOU " too :!:

DON'T " RED LIGHT " THE SHOW
PANAMARED

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by glades cat » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:03 am

$45.00/person is excessive.
Think about it.
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

JLH
Southern Airboat Member

Post by JLH » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:07 am

I wasnt going to palm beach buggie show as i had planed to go to devils garden. in light of this news (45.00) and truck search. no f...in way! if i wanted this kinda treatment i would have voted for obama !

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:09 am

swamp racin is free and at lochloosa you can drive to the bank and sit and watch and they have good food usually for free ... LOL and nobody searches your truck takes your gun or messes with ya .. no ramps and rollin starts .. but who cares no more money than racin pays anyways .. it is all just for braggin anyhow LOL
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:24 am

Nope why pay that much for a one day event when you can watch the keyboard races on SA for free lol, we already got 2 boats in the finals but cannot get the A/C to start stay tuned :D :D :D :D :D That is way to much JMO
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com

http://krvsa.com/product/airboat-raffle-tickets/

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

Ruagatr
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Ruagatr » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:25 am

@Bigun...LMFAO!!!

Maddog

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:50 am

Ruagatr wrote:Not paying 45 dollars to see an airboat race on any day, especially where my truck is searched and gun taken from me and held. Not to mention the palm beach show takes precedence.

Maddog
I'M not going anway, but whats this truck search?
I as well as many on s/a have c.w.p. so whos taking my gun?
I dont think so!!!
I take it they are looking for alcohol and weapons?
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

jwoodl01
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jwoodl01 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:15 am

Well, myself and some other's will be down in Clewiston at Roland Martin's one way or the other on saturday due to the fact that we already have rooms. Between the fuel, rooms, and race's, I'd have to look for some day work on Sunday just to make it back home.
PROUD MEMBER OF UNITED SPORTSMAN FOR TRADTIONAL HERITAGE

Ruagatr
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Ruagatr » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:16 am

Last year they took three guns from my truck and laid them in the backseat of some security guard's pickup with a hundred other guns to claim when i left. That ain't happening again....

Maddog

BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BlowInIt » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:24 am

I dont feel the need to pack heat at a airboat race, but $45 just to watch is fugn stupid!

jubu
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jubu » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:26 am

Brad and chuck have no control over what they want to charge I was told .So dont blam them ill pay the money just because im a real fan of the sport.Im sure all the racers will be there because it probaly the only sanction race for a long time..Most people on here would probaly gripe even if it was 25.00.So just go and have some fun and forget abought saving money.

Bubba
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Bubba » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:29 am

The price does not have anything to do with the NARA. Brad faught against it and told them what would happen. They decided to go ahead and have the races for us this time and explore other avenues. I guess dgmc would rather make the same money on only half the people and make everyone mad.
Last edited by Bubba on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER

flying high
Southern Airboat Member

Post by flying high » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:35 am

So whats up with the lights
Marsh Master Racing

Bucknasty
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Bucknasty » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:02 am

We are going. We are going to pay the money. Its going to cost us a ass ton of money to race, but its what we enjoy doing. You dont need a gun at the races. If you can defend yourself other ways you shouldnt be allowed to carry a gun anyways. I always carry a gun, I'm a cop, but I also abide by the rules of where I'm visiting. If they say no guns, i leave it secured else where.

Fair weather racers! Bring your asses and support the sport. Its going nowhere fast if you dont! It cost us racers and teams thousands of dollars to own, maintain, transport, and race.

We appreciate all the support we get and enjoy putting on a show for our fellow Airboaters and friends. Please reconsider your option of not supporting us. I understand money is tight, but please dont let stubboness snuff out a already dying sport!
" I'm a bird watcher and I'm looking for a Big Breasted Bed Thrasher: have you seen one? "

big3country8
Southern Airboat Member

Post by big3country8 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:25 am

Looks like they need to find a new spot to have the races, the cost is more than a mud event. I think mudfest cost less than 45$ for the whole weekend. It sucks bad cause it's just now making a comeback with a good bit of races this year but without spectators it looks like were gonna be having more cleanups instead of sanctioned races.......
Temporary High
12' clendenin aluminum step with poly, 418 waterthunder, 2.68 OX, 9 blade saber, ATF rigged, nitrous outlet,, buttrax custom seats.

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ptr34 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:32 am

Its 45$ for the whole weekend. They have a 25 Sunday. Guess should of had it sunday
if u don't run dry .then should have gotten a bassboat
tons videos on YouTube ptr34

Dixiedog60
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Dixiedog60 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:33 am

Bucknasty did you really just say that? Defend yourself in otherways? what would you have me do if I run into an armed crackhead on the way to the race? Ask him if he will wait till I get my tire iron out before he shoots me? As a cop you should know what we have out there on our streets. My truck is MY CASTEL and you can bet its rolling heavy and 100% legal! Wake up! :proud:
Freedom is Abridged by Silent Encroachment.---James Madison

Bucknasty
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Bucknasty » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:44 am

Dixiedog60 wrote:Bucknasty did you really just say that? Defend yourself in otherways? what would you have me do if I run into an armed crackhead on the way to the race? Ask him if he will wait till I get my tire iron out before he shoots me? As a cop you should know what we have out there on our streets. My truck is MY CASTEL and you can bet its rolling heavy and 100% legal! Wake up! :proud:
Yeah I did just say that! I'm fully awake, I've been involved in a shooting before, I'm aware of what goes on in society. I also know how to hide firearms where they cant be found during a search. If you dont feel safe, stay home, but dont bitch about rules. Either follow them or dont go. Its pretty simple.
" I'm a bird watcher and I'm looking for a Big Breasted Bed Thrasher: have you seen one? "

Return to “High Performance Talk”