Whose payn 45 $ to watch the races?

How to soup'em up...a little less moderated...medium skin thickness required!
Bucknasty
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Whose payn 45 $ to watch the races?

Post by Bucknasty » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:50 am

I also know you have to be prepared to go to battle, mentally and physcically . You cannot rely on a firearm to protect yourself. It could malfunction or get taken away from you. Its not the only means. It helps, but not fool proof.
" I'm a bird watcher and I'm looking for a Big Breasted Bed Thrasher: have you seen one? "

cuncrt
Southern Airboat Member

Post by cuncrt » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:53 am

I'm glad I read this thread before I hiked all the way up there. The girls family is in town for the weekend and was gonna take em there to check it out. But with having to pay $45 for 5 people, no way! I'll use that $ to fill up my tank 4+ times and drive them around all week!

I only paid $30 for Indy race at homestead and $65 for NASCAR! $45 is ludacris
13' Lazer hull, 383 stroker, whirlwind on stinger gear-box

chief
Southern Airboat Member

Post by chief » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:53 am

well its sad when people let there hard heads get in front of there mouth... put your self in brad's / d.g.m.c position it private property for one so there for they have to get insurance for everyone thats on there property in sure its not cheap!!! they have to hire rent a cops or security to help with the dumba$$ people it take alot of money to put a show on if you dont think so anyone that has 20 or 30 acres and would not mind giving it away to someone that gets hurt on your land than we can race at your house...... its just that simple, not to mention as bucknasty said if your so scared to leave your house or truck with out your gun stsy the f*&k home....... another point is most spend 45$ in gas for a dauys ride in the grass anyway so go out and support your local airboat racing as you do for your clubs on there clean up's fund raisers etc......... b/e the ones that are on here and not going to pay the 45$ are also the first ones to bitch when thare is no airboat races...... fyi im not a racer im just a looker........
21' AIR RANGER WITH SBC DIRECT DRIVE WITH 68'' WARP DRIVE

Coverall
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Coverall » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:54 am

JLH wrote:I wasnt going to palm beach buggie show as i had planed to go to devils garden. in light of this news (45.00) and truck search. no f...in way! if i wanted this kinda treatment i would have voted for obama !

Very true post. I like the ending the best.

big3country8
Southern Airboat Member

Post by big3country8 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:04 pm

Chief I think we all fully understand the costs they have, but why not have it 25$ for airboaters? They have it 25$ Sunday? I think as we get closer and they catch wind of this thread "which is gonna happen" that they will revise the prices. Or atleast I hope that's the case.... Time will tell
Temporary High
12' clendenin aluminum step with poly, 418 waterthunder, 2.68 OX, 9 blade saber, ATF rigged, nitrous outlet,, buttrax custom seats.

Dbell
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Dbell » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:10 pm

I know its pricy, but people just think about all the fine ass girls that are gonna be running around that place. come out and make more of it than just a race.

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:21 pm

I think most are upset because they are being asked to hand over there weapons not because they think they might need them there. I am not going to put myself in that position where I would have to hand my $1,000 pistol to Someone I don't know. This is not even a issue to me, what is a problem is the $45 per person. How much do kids cost? Let's get back to having the races at the river, East lake , Bithlo mud park, cocoa fair, hell I better just stop now cause I can do this all day.
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

dan-o
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by dan-o » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:44 pm

Bucknasty wrote: If you can defend yourself other ways you shouldnt be allowed to carry a gun anyways.
Do you mean in general, or just to the races?
"Disneyworld and air conditioning is gonna ruin Florida."
-My Grandmother-

air-roberts
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by air-roberts » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:50 pm

if 3000 people come @ 45.00 a head thats $13,500.00 thats alot of money i know for a fact that ins is $ 900.00 a day
Air-RobertsImage
experimenting with old step w/t experimental 384.8 c.i. nos 2.68 rotator, 80" three bld ? R
http://www.bcraceengineering.com
Thanks to dave http://waterthunder.com/
New & Used PROPs
WhirlWind prop dealer

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:55 pm

might want to check your math on that one..
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

chief
Southern Airboat Member

Post by chief » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:55 pm

well i agree there should be a completly seperate entrance and admission for the races or just have them on a weekend when the mudhole is not open and let brad and chuck incure the cost of insurance and then they can come up with a price that is a lil more reasonable.... but in the end that price could be higher depending on the cost of the insurance....... it just may be a sport that is not cost effective with the # of fans to the cost of insurance.... one post said that " i only payed 30$ for a indy or nascar ticket" the reason being is there is upwards of 80,000- 100,000 people there at a airboat race there is only a few hundered at best so again lets just support our sport overall not just the parts that fit us as indiviudals the best......... fyi im not a racer just a looker
21' AIR RANGER WITH SBC DIRECT DRIVE WITH 68'' WARP DRIVE

Dixiedog60
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Dixiedog60 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Buck your comment sounded like a position against my basic rights as a free man. I can resect the rules of there private property and stay home without loosing any sleep at all. I dont carry my gun to kill people but I do carry it to keep from being killed. I am not afraid and I am not paranoid,but the threats are real and let face it, "police protection" is a joke you just come along later to clean up and do the paper work. I carried a gun for the State and I know the deal, just tellin it like it is. Stay safe and enjoy your race day :salute:
Freedom is Abridged by Silent Encroachment.---James Madison

Bucknasty
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Bucknasty » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Im going to say this and then be done with this thread..........we race at DGMC because it is a safe enviorment to race. No jackasses cutting accross the track and medical crews in place. Its just safer for the drivers and all involved.

If you dont want to spend the money and come out fine, but as a child i went to many races and spend quality time with my father and brothers. Not to mention the other friends and family that were there. So ask yourself ...... is 45.00 worth spending that time with friends and family or be pissed off at the world and miss the opportunity to make those friendships and memories.
" I'm a bird watcher and I'm looking for a Big Breasted Bed Thrasher: have you seen one? "

2slow
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 2slow » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Dam,we going ****** town or the races????Either way I dont need a gun wats the big deal,God gave me two guns a left and a right...

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:17 pm

LOL 3000 people ... that would be something .. however your math is off just a bit I come up with 135,000.00

300 might be more like it and then the number is 13,500.00 which aint bad for diggin a couple of trenches at the mud park for boats to slide in.

Stop and think about the boost to the economy of clewiston in fuel sales, motel rooms, restaurant bills, and other stuff .. happy days

private park private rules .. no problem

Did y'all see where they had to stop arresting folks for carrying at the State fair .. yep old gun regulation ord. are now unenforceable .. carry on guys
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:24 pm

yea most people and i say MOST NOT ALL carry a gun because they cant back up their mouths any other way ive seen it a bunch and had a gun pulled on me by that type if you can run ur mouth take your ass whippin dont pull your gun because your all mouth and at a mud park people drink and when people drink they get mouthy and have poor judgement which leads to a shooting where children could get caught in the crossfire come on guys they are just tryin to protect yall but if its a big deal and u cant go anywhere without causing a problem where u may need ur firearm keep ur arse at home where u belong clean ur gun or something
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:31 pm

Bruce you shoulda called the police .. pulin a gun on ya for running your mouth is against the law .. pullin a gun and not killin someone whippin on them should be against the law ... either way .. let the police handle it .. Thats their job .. they live for stuff like that ..

just ask a cop to take off his gun and badge so you can whip their arse .. yeah they just tazer ya .. or pepper spray ya .. and beat ya with their billy clubs .. all six of them at one time .. I seed it on TV .. LOL ... gotta be true .. right ... don't taze me bro ..
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:34 pm

hell get his no worries i was smart and shut my mouth which is why im here today
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

Gen3Pro
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gen3Pro » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:29 pm

I think we all agree the price is high. It's Disney world prices and your expected to bring your own roller coaster.

It could be an F U to NARA but I think it's more of, that weekend is the Swamp cabbage festival in Labelle. The big deal for the working man is there is always a mud-hole somewhere in town (illegal mud-hole by the way) the last decade seem that about 4pm there a shoot out and a big fight and makes everyone look bad and is just dangerous. It had moved up to redneck yacht club the past couple years but DGMC is trying to be the new spot.

For me, traditionally, Saturday was the mud hole day and Sunday we went to the festival in ton and nursed our hangovers. I think the idea is to capitalize on that Saturday action and get them while the gettin's good. I don't agree but I do assume.

As for the search, guns and alcohol have never mixed well. I'm sure it was a guy that doesn't drink or carry a gun that made that decision. He probably works at screwing hard working people out of money in many ways everyday. And I bet you it's a damn site more than $45 a head. The big deal with the search though is for glass. Every natural mud-hole (usually a swamp cabbage or 4th of July event0 is so littered with broken glass that you can"t even go there anymore and damn sure, don't let you or your kids go barefoot. They on one hand are trying to keep the park nice from the b3eging, and on the other trying to get all the money they inv3ested back in the first year. I can agree on one and not the other, but until there is another track I race because that's what we live for. All day everyday farm work is paid for with the sweat and the blood not so I have food and a place to sleep, but for the 5 second blast down the track that gives me that hit of that sweet sweet adrenaline.

If I had to take a year off, I'd pay $100 a had for the chance to prove I've got the fastest Pro Mod boat around. Lake racing is fun but it doesn't prove anything. Your fastest for the pass, not the day. At A race, they call your number and you'd better be ready in five or just stay in the pits. It's separates the pro's from the No's and cuts out all the BS. I'll be there, and if you got a fast boat you ain't s**t in niggs back yard if you don"t show up and prove it. See ya track-side.
Hatchet Gang Racing

First thing I'm gonna do when I get home is punch yo mama in the mouth

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hatchet-G ... 3881904488
http://www.facebook.com/pages/NAADR/369266453162184
http://www.naadr.com/

2slow
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 2slow » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Totally agree!! Come on with the Come on!!!Come on!!!!

K-mac
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by K-mac » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:43 pm

I have heard of those folks that think only cops should be alowed to carry guns,
but I still find them hard to understand.
:rebel:
If the south would'a won we'da had it made!

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:44 pm

As for the guns if you know they are going to want to hold them ahead of time just dont bring them! Im all for your right to carry a gun, but I can tell you most of the people that ive seen on the mud side of the park you do not want packing heat. I believe you are 100 times safer being there with out a gun as opposed to you having your gun and all the other people there having theirs too! you would be more likley to end up getting hit by a stray bullet or end up in a shoot out than you would needing your gun if you were the only carrying. Trust me you dont want guns in that place! I agree with DGMC on this one 100 percent!The price on the other hand is wrong. They need to have a seperate price for just airboat races and allow you to add the mud side if you want to. thats the way they did it at triple canopy. As it stands now your paying for a colt ford concert wether you want to or not. Brad nor Chuck have the final say but im told they are aware of the backlash and are trying to negotiate the pricing but they are kinda held hostage.

ratdees
Southern Airboat Member

Post by ratdees » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Let's race we pissed alot more money than that on outher things

bruceharwell
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bruceharwell » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:51 pm

I'll spend the $45 bucks on fuel and see ya at the WPB Show, freely exercising my Second Amendment Right.

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Whose payn 45 $ to watch the races?a

Post by HAMMERHEAD » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:31 pm

I again I'm all for your right to own and carry a gun. I also believe that a private property owner should be able tell you not to bring your gun on their property! So if you don't like their rules don't come its as simple as that, but why keep bitching about it. Nobody is taking away your rights, there are many places where you are not allowed to carry. Again if they allowed guns inside this place it would be a very dagerous place to be. And having a gun in your truck or on your person would not make you safer than with a no gun policy. It is my belief that most of the people complaining were never going to come in the first place! And the people that were going to come still will.jmo

Return to “High Performance Talk”