WaterThunder is done with unlimited

How to soup'em up...a little less moderated...medium skin thickness required!
Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

WaterThunder is done with unlimited

Post by Waterthunder » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:44 am

I'm just posting this because the airboat gossip has become ludicrous and I want people to hear the truth not some penny any gossip so her it is.

I'm done with it has been a total waste my time and money. You will only see me at a race if I'm helping a customer. I will say every single time I have won unlimited or race boat I have been protested and heard a million excuses. Airboat racing is not racing it's has to many crybabies who don't want competition they want to talk. I can see no reason for me to ever race again. I'm playing with a new DD project but thats for my own entertainment and education I could careless about any other part of it. Besides I'm having the time of my life managing my daughters travel ball team we just won another tournament. Best of all the 12 year old team the we just beat in the final didn't cry and complain or protest like many airboat racers do. They came over shook our hands and said good job or great game or you earned it. In the semi finals I even played against an old air boat racer the pump mans son one of the Justicsen's (class act) we were both joking how children's softball is much more fun an competitive then airboat racing and he is also a former NARA champ. After we won the 2nd game he shook my hand and said what a game I love games like this, now that is a competitor he enjoyed the competition. I'm done and I walk away winning unlimited with 3 different motors, 2 different hulls, 2 different rigging's the same goes for race boat!

As for being afraid of loosing thats pathetic blabbing when I entered unlimited everyone said the Ground Rattler can not be beat and I wouldn't have a chance. Well since then I have won the unlimited class at every race we ran it. So now it's up to all the other racers to out run the Ground Rattler some of you talk some trash but now it's all on your shoulders to keep the Ground Rattler from winning unlimited. I have been there an done that several times. Now I'm onto more enjoyable things. I WILL SAY I THINK TRAVEL BALL COSTS AS MUCH AS RUNNING UNLIMITED BUT IT'S A HELL OF ALLOT MORE REWARDING!
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

rbjscott
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: WaterThunder is done with unlimited

Post by rbjscott » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:03 am

I know what you mean, did Little League for 10 years. Down the road when the kids now grown stop you at the corner store or other place and tell you how much fun the had playing ball with you--priceless. Have a good season!!
"The price of Freedom is high! And the sound of Freedom is loud!" (Jet fighter pilot)

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:07 am

:scratch:

Dave, I may not understand your motive, but that doesn't matter. I understand the soap opera part of all that and don't fault anybody for making the call you have made. I don't understand though, why if you want to escape the soap opera ascpects of the whole deal, why you would post this and ultimately add to the drama? I guess what I don't understand is why with all your knowledge, customers and motorsports success you even give a dam about what the squawkers say. And I know, that is my affiction and not yours. I gave up trying to understand some things a long time ago and been much happier ever since.

On the other hand, It's great to hear about your involvement in your daughters softball exploits. THAT is what's important, not all that other crap. That opportunity is here and now and is treasurable. You can always change your mind about other things, but that is not an option later where involvement in your children's developement and growth is concerned.

Good call in any case. :salute: There may be people that miss you racing but that will never out weigh or balance your daughter's growing up. Besides that, the Good Lord put us here to be happy. No need in spending time that doesn't attain that end. Especially if it costs more and gives you heartburn. :)

Deano
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

Bdriller
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bdriller » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:08 am

Hmmmm wonder what hes up to now? Nitrous gatorade maybe.

Waggin
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Waggin » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:08 am

Way to go!!! lifes too short to worry about who's tryin to knock you off the top :)
2012 Bud Built Barracuda 11', Dual Stick Controls, ZZ4 aluminum head crate motor and two blade water walker on steel rigging 4412 2 bbl

BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BlowInIt » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:12 am

Im gonna miss watching the fastest airboat in the world ripping down the track. Jmo

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:15 am

DAVE,
I quit going to the races about 3 years ago.
I really enjoyed it, but the aftermath was ridiculous.
I didn't race but enjoyed it.
I will tell the racer's this grab those ball's with both hand's, because when TRAVIS comes back he's coming back with a VENGEANCE!!!!!!!!!!! there's going to be a lot of head shacking awwwwwwww.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Waterthunder » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:48 am

I just posted this because to many people were hearing stories and calling me up asking questions so I just wanted the truth out there which is I will not be running unlimited anymore and neither will Danny Bell.
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

JB550
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by JB550 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:50 am

Now when you come to ride you can watch the drama and not be part of it. You will be way happier. :thumbleft: :thumbleft: Anytime you want to come ride the loop I would love ta show you around. Best of luck dave.

Bucknasty
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Bucknasty » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:05 am

Is it just me, or did anyone else think this was whining about the whiners?

Dave, youre a good dude, but to give up totally? Doesnt sound like the competitve guy that Ive met before. I'm pretty sure at the last race when you guys spanked the Ground Rattler like a bad kid, Travis and Jerrel came over and shook your hand and told you, "you just made me spend a lot of money", and now they have. However, their greatest competion just up and quits? No chance to see if they can relcaim the crown? Man, thats a hard one to swallow. I would say, as long as the money is there, and the competion is willing to compete( and is worthy, such as the Rattler), let it roll. Truly, the competion is the only ones that can whine about anything. Who cares what the rest of the folks say. But that is JMO.

Congrats on your Daughters team. Thats a hell of a big deal for those girls. I hope you can find a way to balance the 2 sports. Airboat Racing needs folks like you.
" I'm a bird watcher and I'm looking for a Big Breasted Bed Thrasher: have you seen one? "

yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by yobee » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:12 am

I actually thought this was an old post from last year, and the year before...
Life is great, without it you'd be dead.
Volusia County Sportsmen's Conservation Association Member
http://lakeokeechobeeairboatassociation.org/
Continental powered Performance hull.

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:12 am

X2 Bucknasty!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:56 am

X3 on Bucknasty...
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

frank w.
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by frank w. » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:58 am

It's like when I got my boat you said I'd lose a lot of friend s jealousy won't get them any where

B-White
Southern Airboat Member

Post by B-White » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:26 pm

X2 Bucknasty except for tthe part about airboat racing needs people like him.....hes like my bi-polar ex-wife...when no one wants to argue,,,he does it with his self. Who in the hell protested YOUR team at Devil's Garden???..again no one so you come on here and prtestyourself...lol...your the biggest whinner this sport has ever seen...
Devil in the Bottle 83 ProMod
Marsh Master Step
Carbon Fiber Rudders by:HAMMERHEAD AVIATION.com
Prop is NOTHING BUT A WHIRLWIND!!!
RAZORX

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:41 pm

B-White wrote:X2 Bucknasty except for tthe part about airboat racing needs people like him.....hes like my bi-polar ex-wife...when no one wants to argue,,,he does it with his self. Who in the hell protested YOUR team at Devil's Garden???..again no one so you come on here and prtestyourself...lol...your the biggest whinner this sport has ever seen...
X2 B white

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Duece » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Quitter never win and Winners never quit...

So, can we now expect a bunch of photoshop stuff or what??? lol

Duece
"Welcome to the Dark Side..."
14'x7'6" Diamondback ZZ4 350/355hp 2.37:1 Stinger gearbox 80" 3 blade NGR series

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:04 pm

Chuck and his ecotech have everyone scared..
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by plumcrazy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Rich Andrews wrote:Chuck and his ecotech have everyone scared..
i wasent gonna say it but i did thik it lmao :lol:

LIL Maddog
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by LIL Maddog » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Rich Andrews wrote:Chuck and his ecotech have everyone scared..
BAHAHAHHA :lol:
Little George Palm Beach "kit hull". IO-540 with a 1.73:1 Stinger gearbox swinging an 81" 3 blade NGR. Real quiet.
Proud Member of USFTH!

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:48 pm

HERE IS THE WAY I SEE IT. I DONT THINK THERE WAS ANY WHINERS ABOUT YOUR BOAT WINNING UNLIMITED OR THE FACT THAT YOU HAD THE FASTEST BOAT. I DO THINK ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE RACES RAN IN A PROFESSIONAL FASHION, LIKE CHECKING FUEL IN THE CLASSES THAT NEED CHECKING, GIVING EVERY BOAT A FAIR CHANCE TO GET TO THE RAMPS IN THERE ALOTTED TIME, AND MANY OTHER ISSUES THAT WILL BE IRONED OUT IN TIME. BUT!!!! TO SAY YOUR QUITTING BECAUSE OF THE WHINNERS! AND IN THE SAME SENTENCE SAY YOU ARE BUILDING A DD BOAT TO RACE WHEREVER! IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY THERE WAS A THREAD 20 OR MORE PAGES LONG THAT YOU SAID WERE ALL WHINNERS! IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE TO ME! AM I MISSING SOMETHING? PEOPLE HAVE THEIR GRIPS ITS HUMAN NATURE, YOU INCLUDED, MAYBE MORE THAN OTHERS IF TRUTH BE KNOWN. I THOUGHT THE BOAT WAS DBELL'S AND YOU WERE JUST HELPING AS PIT CREW OR SOMETHING. IM SURE THERE WILL BE OTHER BOATS IN UNLIMITED WITH YOUR MOTOR ON THEM THAT YOU WILL BE HELPING WITH. SO I ASK YOU, WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

Gen3Pro
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gen3Pro » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Hatchet Gang Racing

First thing I'm gonna do when I get home is punch yo mama in the mouth

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hatchet-G ... 3881904488
http://www.facebook.com/pages/NAADR/369266453162184
http://www.naadr.com/

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 pm

ecothunder...coming to a staging ramp soon
I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

todd glover
Southern Airboat Member

Post by todd glover » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:10 pm

[quote="Gen3Pro"][youtube]6-ZMO8jhbwg[/youtube][/quote]
You come up with some funny ass posts

gchuckie
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gchuckie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:24 pm

Gen3Pro wrote:
Man Gen pro should be nominated for a emmy award!

Return to “High Performance Talk”