WaterThunder is done with unlimited

How to soup'em up...a little less moderated...medium skin thickness required!
Andy
Southern Airboat Member

Re: WaterThunder is done with unlimited

Post by Andy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:18 pm

It doesn"t matter if its a Demo Derby,Top Fuel,Nascar, Someones gonna bitch.. If your not pushin the rules or Regs your not Winning,, Thats how it is!!!! Its just a race?

Waggin
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Waggin » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:52 pm

this all sounds fun...i'm goin racin... :)
2012 Bud Built Barracuda 11', Dual Stick Controls, ZZ4 aluminum head crate motor and two blade water walker on steel rigging 4412 2 bbl

todd glover
Southern Airboat Member

Post by todd glover » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:38 am

Wt must be laughing at this

wildcard
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by wildcard » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:27 pm

good he is gone

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Waterthunder » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:13 pm

OK here you go I have yet to loose unlimited and I must say every time I have won it the results have been protested. Accept the Lake George race and a 100% respect shout out to one the Hoffman crew we beat one of their members and they said we won without a doubt and shook our hand and congratulated us. Well as I said today we won race boat and unlimited the race official called it THEN LOU immediately STARTED PROTESTING THEN after 1/2 an hour he came over shook my hand and said we won by a foot. Then 30 minutes later we were protested again. The best part of all which Im still laughing about is our water pump quit working so I added a ton of fuel to help cool the motor and on top of that our nitrous kept shutting off at half track and we finished the 2nd half on motor. Everyone heard it and on several videos people commented we were letting off way before the finish. I WILL SAY I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISGUSTED WITH SUCH POOR SPORTSMANSHIP I WILL SAY IF YOU RUN THEM YOU BETTER BEAT THEM BY 3 OR MORE BOATS OR YOU WILL BE PROTESTED! WAIT DANNY BELL BEAT THEM BY THAT MUCH AND HE WAS PROTESTED. HELL WHATS THE POINT OF RACING IF YOUR PROTESTED EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:39 pm

w
Last edited by Bruce on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:46 pm

Thunder has a point I was in the pits when Lou came by and shaked his hand said you won after 1st protest 8) 8) 8) , then 2nd protest well now we have a tie I was also on the finish line, watch them review camera and video called Hawk the winner, sure that is why you have a protest but 2 :shock: :shock: :shock: and it was close finish and I could not say who won, so they will get it figured out one day how to call a close finish without drama.
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com

http://krvsa.com/product/airboat-raffle-tickets/

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by junglecat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:54 pm

filming from between 300' and 350' , at 300' it was Rattler , 330' Hawk moves ahead 350' it was Hawk. Looked at it frame by frame.
Jungle Cat2 2012 Panther Thunder 14'x7'9"/ LiL John Rigging
Larry Smith built 427 SBC
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R
Citrus County Airboat Alliance Member

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Waterthunder » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:12 am

Very sad day of racing the whole day was enjoyable despite all the problems we over came. I feel bad for Bradan and Chuck they were denied what they earned. Hey Bubba after I thought about it,, the protest stats go like this it all started a long time ago when we dominated our class in Orlando but Lou had us DQed over the silliest thing I have ever seen, then at thunder cross Lou claimed he won but thank god sniper had a perfect finish line pic and it wasnt even close, then at the mud fest we won again and Lou complained, Then at Devils garden he complained he won and was trying to protest against dannys boat Then again today. Funny everytime you beat Lou he challenges the finish you all can have it. It was hilarious I spoke to several people before the race an told them how it would go down and you know what I predicted it exactly. No point in racing until they have lights because the official call aint official and if you win Lou will protest you period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only two times of all the times we have won that I was not protested in unlimited was the two times I didnt run Lou it was Lake George against a Hoffman and a Devils Garden against Peterson every single other time I have won unlimited Lou was complaining about the call. To this day after a lifetime of racing about every sanctioning body there is I have never once protested EVER. If I lost I shook their hand went home and made my stuff faster! Like I said I'm done with unlimited and today only reinforced the fact I made the right call. Enjoy and be ready for babby hewie
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:16 am

junglecat wrote:filming from between 300' and 350' , at 300' it was Rattler , 330' Hawk moves ahead 350' it was Hawk. Looked at it frame by frame.

Well I hate to tell ya a secert but I took over 8000 pics on Flickr alone and the ANGLE make the world go around when my pics get up open one and almost all pics the boat in the left lane look like they are run crab angle why I was on the right side and all pics are angled so was everyones that the 5 of us shooting at the finish line on the right lane, same with video being sweeped to get the shot

In the 23 years I crewed Miss Budweiser hydroplane race boat the only way to get a accurate photo is fixed HIGH SPEED camera triggered by beams shit we cannot even get more than 20 boats at race so I do not think that is in the cards

but TWO protest not cool in my book and that JMO and I already said I could not tell I was standing on the line,
Bigun

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by junglecat » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:37 am

Big un , you are probably right, i was on the left side and just short of the line and it was a photo finish. From my angle it looked like Hawk , although I was pulling for Rattler as I had to race against the orginial Rattler years ago. I hate these guys are turning the times they are and still have controversy over a finish.
Jungle Cat2 2012 Panther Thunder 14'x7'9"/ LiL John Rigging
Larry Smith built 427 SBC
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R
Citrus County Airboat Alliance Member

big3country8
Southern Airboat Member

Post by big3country8 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:42 am

Sounds like some crybaby bullshiet to me. Take your loss and regroup.
Temporary High
12' clendenin aluminum step with poly, 418 waterthunder, 2.68 OX, 9 blade saber, ATF rigged, nitrous outlet,, buttrax custom seats.

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:49 am

junglecat wrote:Big un , you are probably right, i was on the left side and just short of the line and it was a photo finish. From my angle it looked like Hawk , although I was pulling for Rattler as I had to race against the orginial Rattler years ago. I hate these guys are turning the times they are and still have controversy over a finish.

I agree heck I stopped shooting because I was like DANG this is close and wanted to see it, I am a Diamondback Fan and and friends with both teams, owned a Waterthunder engine and love the rattler as well. heck look how many pics I took of that boat :lol: :lol: :lol:

but this is unfair to both teams really, all caused by officials losing control of their race at the very end, maybe if they hold off drinking till they take their official I am a race official hat off it go a little better, sorry if that winds someones panties in a wad but it you going to be in charge act like it, save your drinking to the party you supposed to be running the race, a thankless job but the racers depend on the officals as well
Bigun

budman6023
Southern Airboat Member

Post by budman6023 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:11 am

Dave your making a book out of this again All i did is protest the last run and wanted to see the film what wrong with that. i thought we won that last pass and still do.Its no big dill until you get a hold of it I thought u were finished with it.You and your buddys are so full of s$hitt Let the drama go on.See ya at the next race.l Bring your worshipers with ya.Congrades to brandon and chuck you did a good job of driving and you got a fine boat. Its to bad yall cant do it with out Dave and his flock

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:17 am

Shoulda put em both back on the ramps and settled it then and there it is after all an airboat race

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:09 am

helms24 wrote:
Bruce wrote:Shoulda put em both back on the ramps and settled it then and there it is after all an airboat race
Hawk was over 265deg on the last pass...first call is the call...lets blow engines over bull.. :dontknow: Hawk was runnin with no waterpump and they wanted to put on a show... :thumbleft:
Sounds like more of that crybaby liberal carmotorness outta u over there helms lmao :violent1: :roll: :lol:

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:23 am

nah eff that nobody can agree run em again lol

Daddy Dave
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Daddy Dave » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:24 am

Was standing beside the "officials" at the 350' mark. The first race was a classic -- too close to call w/o a photo. The track oficials took a while to decide because that race was close. They eventually called it the way we saw it. VERY close race with one winner and one looser.

Hawkzilla had the measure of Grond Rattler yesterdat at Devils Garden at the 350' mark. That's where the race was decided and there was NO QUESTION from those on the finish line.

Bubba is the AC KING!! No whining about that.
A I R B O A T

Anytime It Runs, Break Out Another Thousand

budman6023
Southern Airboat Member

Post by budman6023 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:25 am

Well waterboy helms the picture i seen was a camera 8 ft before the finish line. not the film that they went by. id already went home before yall showed yalls ass, .so all that means is let the internet races talk there shit and lets go to the next races :violent1:

bsquires
Southern Airboat Member

Post by bsquires » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:05 am

No one on the Ground Rattler team made a second protest. We simply asked to see the photo finish an the photo was just before the finish an the Hawk boat had it. We congradulated everyone an went on. we were loading our gear and securing the boat. Brad came by an told us we won once they review it on the TV it was more clear. We went to collect and all hell broke out :violent1: :violent1: . This racing is a long way from where we need to be, yes lights would be great an stop a lot of confusion about who won but untill we get there we will have to review footage an make decisions that teams will have to deal with. Any one in the race wants to win we all know how much money, time, and effort we put into this, bottom line there has to be a looser.
There's always time for your priorities.

kimnir1
Southern Airboat Member

Post by kimnir1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:19 am

I am in agreement with you on what happened yesterday. That was crazy. It was good to see how things run here in Florida. It was a great experience anyway. It was great to see a few faces I know from from Thunder on the Loup. We can all learn lessons from our kids sometimes. I know I have.

Kim
Nirbuilt Airboats

MarshinIt
Southern Airboat Member

Post by MarshinIt » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:35 am

What happened to Water Thunder being done with racing?? Then we wouldnt have to deal with all these whinning, complaining, Water Thunder cry babies :cry: whether its protested or reviewed, a loss is a loss. Im assuming the officials made this decision??

MJD291
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by MJD291 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:58 am

I LOVE THE SMELL OF AV GAS IN THE MORNING. IT SMELLS LIKE..... VICTORY

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:27 pm

MarshinIt wrote:What happened to Water Thunder being done with racing?? Then we wouldnt have to deal with all these whinning, complaining, Water Thunder cry babies :cry: whether its protested or reviewed, a loss is a loss. Im assuming the officials made this decision??

You Assume a great deal and unfortunately you do not know shit because like the majority of experts on SA NO SHOW< Read the post for the folks that attended and tried to support the race team, but Dave did not even go down to the protest nor did I, we set by the boats and laughed about what a joke it all was,

they made 3 decisions that is the point I tried to make blame Brad Henry not Dave it was Brad show to run, I call them pass me another beer offiials :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Bigun

Bubba
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Bubba » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:22 pm

The explanation and pics are up over on the NAADR web site. It should answer all the bs!!
FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER

Return to “High Performance Talk”