Nice little Thunder ride boat motor

How to soup'em up...a little less moderated...medium skin thickness required!
simpleman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Nice little Thunder ride boat motor

Post by simpleman »

sounds like a factory LS is that yours helms?
Last edited by simpleman on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

B-White
Southern Airboat Member

Post by B-White »

I just dont get it... :dontknow: whats all the fuss about with this engine? Yea it sounds sweet,,,,but really no better than any of the other hundreds out their. The gearbox sounds really quite but the motor is averave i guess. I mean it snaps fairly good but what pitch is in the prop? Im just an old a/c fan but someone explain where this one is so much better than his other...
Devil in the Bottle 83 ProMod
Marsh Master Step
Carbon Fiber Rudders by:HAMMERHEAD AVIATION.com
Prop is NOTHING BUT A WHIRLWIND!!!
RAZORX

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

B-White wrote:I just dont get it... :dontknow: whats all the fuss about with this engine? Yea it sounds sweet,,,,but really no better than any of the other hundreds out their. The gearbox sounds really quite but the motor is averave i guess. I mean it snaps fairly good but what pitch is in the prop? Im just an old a/c fan but someone explain where this one is so much better than his other...
I can tell you as long as it has taken to get some of these boats built ill stick with the dinosaur. Hell we can build a boat in a week. Don't know why it takes 6 months to build a boat!

skinny99
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by skinny99 »

B-White wrote:I just dont get it... :dontknow: whats all the fuss about with this engine? Yea it sounds sweet,,,,but really no better than any of the other hundreds out their. The gearbox sounds really quite but the motor is averave i guess. I mean it snaps fairly good but what pitch is in the prop? Im just an old a/c fan but someone explain where this one is so much better than his other...
Marketing and hype! Period!
Successful people do what others won't or can't!

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

No extra fuss on my part...just sounds sweet.

Love that sound of a radical aircraft motor too, just ain't got a video to be lovin on right now. Dangit, somebody give us aircraft people something to love on too :D

Rick

big3country8
Southern Airboat Member

Post by big3country8 »

Really? What's all the fuss about? Ask muffled500hp what his alcohol 427 swings with a 2.88. 9 blade saber?What's this pump gas motor swinging with a 2.68...... 9 blade saber and I bet the pitch is close....
Temporary High
12' clendenin aluminum step with poly, 418 waterthunder, 2.68 OX, 9 blade saber, ATF rigged, nitrous outlet,, buttrax custom seats.

B-White
Southern Airboat Member

Post by B-White »

big3country8 wrote:Really? What's all the fuss about? Ask muffled500hp what his alcohol 427 swings with a 2.88. 9 blade saber?What's this pump gas motor swinging with a 2.68...... 9 blade saber and I bet the pitch is close....
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...Thats what i'm saying. No where that i have seen did he say what pitch is in it. I'm not being a smart azz...but not a dumb azz either. I'm sure its making power. It just doesnt stand out above any of the others on here. It sounds good. I would love to have it...(IN A MUD TRUCK). but from the video and the response...thats all...s,I thought I missed something
Marsh Master Step
RAZORX

dups350
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dups350 »

big3country8 wrote:Really? What's all the fuss about? Ask muffled500hp what his alcohol 427 swings with a 2.88. 9 blade saber?What's this pump gas motor swinging with a 2.68...... 9 blade saber and I bet the pitch is close....
I would sure hope it would be more than a 427! :scratch: That's a 500cid motor that's prolly over $20,000 and 900+++ HP. A bad azz motor for sure. But let's call it like it is. Def not an average ride boat motor. :roll: Congrats simpleman. Your motor really sounds good. :salute:
Just bring it!!

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear »

Nice motor, somebody is going to be happy! Thats all that counts.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy »

I'd be curios to know how much pitch is in it and what RPM that he turning it... Not to get off the subject but (helms) did you lose some cubic inches ???? LOL !
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

simpleman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by simpleman »

i heard it was 11,12,13,thats not to bad for a 82 inch prop nothing special just a well built ride motor :shock: oh yeah helms just wait up LOL

Jake.R
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Jake.R »

farmboy wrote:I'd be curios to know how much pitch is in it and what RPM that he turning it... Not to get off the subject but (helms) did you lose some cubic inches ???? LOL !
X2 where's the rest of your cui helms?
14x8 Alumitec SS Rigging
383 Stroker CH-4 2.67
81" 3 Blade S

B-White
Southern Airboat Member

Post by B-White »

helms24 wrote:
B-White wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...Thats what i'm saying. No where that i have seen did he say what pitch is in it. I'm not being a smart azz...but not a dumb azz either. I'm sure its making power. It just doesnt stand out above any of the others on here. It sounds good. I would love to have it...(IN A MUD TRUCK). but from the video and the response...thats all...s,I thought I missed something
:lol:

B-White u will be dealing with that engine soon :toothy7: and u will have ur hands full....its got more pitch in 2 blades than ur hole prop.. :lol:
:lol: :x :lol: :lol: :lol: you been in the booze again????...next you'll be saying how much you love me.lol....
Marsh Master Step
RAZORX

muffled500hp
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by muffled500hp »

I'm running the pitch at 15 - 17 - 19 degrees turning 7200 on the motor. On the spray??? I can't say??? :scratch:
Keith ~~

Modern Performance Engines, LLC
Custom built engines for airboats, hotrods, mud trucks, buggies, circle track and drag racing!

352-282-6407
MPEKeith@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/modernperformanceenginesllc

D-BREWSTER
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by D-BREWSTER »

Me and Waterthunder have had are diffrences and I could never figure out why he was so scared of Aircraft boats till I found this old video! This was Waterthunder as a child ride'in on his cousins wife's sister's Aircraft ride boat!! Its understandable , not everybody is cut out for the power of Aircraft !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... MD6Cx0qzRA
UNITED SPORTSMEN FOR TRADITIONAL HERITAGE
http://usfth.tripod.com/
CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/usfth?ref=stream
Lastflcracker@centurylink.net
member of the USFTH ,K.R.V.S.A.,
Outlaw Airboat and Buggy board http://www.usfth.com

muffled500hp
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by muffled500hp »

helms24 wrote:
muffled500hp wrote:
I'm running the pitch at 15 - 17 - 19 degrees turning 7200 on the motor. On the spray??? I can't say??? :scratch:[/quot

Boy that's a strong engine.... :thumbleft: I cant afford all that kind of HP.. :D
Right. :lol:
Keith ~~

Modern Performance Engines, LLC
Custom built engines for airboats, hotrods, mud trucks, buggies, circle track and drag racing!

352-282-6407
MPEKeith@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/modernperformanceenginesllc

Jake.R
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Jake.R »

D-BREWSTER wrote:Me and Waterthunder have had are diffrences and I could never figure out why he was so scared of Aircraft boats till I found this old video! This was Waterthunder as a child ride'in on his cousins wife's sister's Aircraft ride boat!! Its understandable , not everybody is cut out for the power of Aircraft !!!
That is hilarious!!!!!! I laughed through the whole thing :lol:
Last edited by Jake.R on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14x8 Alumitec SS Rigging
383 Stroker CH-4 2.67
81" 3 Blade S

shiggs
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by shiggs »

helms24 wrote:
simpleman wrote:i heard it was 11,12,13,thats not to bad for a 82 inch prop nothing special just a well built ride motor :shock: oh yeah helms just wait up LOL
Yep, that guy in Texas is going to love that engine Simpleman...now Dave can start on urs... :cheers:

Where in Texas is this going to reside??

crowhater
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by crowhater »

D-BREWSTER wrote:Me and Waterthunder have had are diffrences and I could never figure out why he was so scared of Aircraft boats till I found this old video! This was Waterthunder as a child ride'in on his cousins wife's sister's Aircraft ride boat!! Its understandable , not everybody is cut out for the power of Aircraft !!!

Oh lord I almost busted a rib laughing! You need to warn a guy before you send them that link.
18x8 Alum, 496 BBC, 2.6 CH4, 4B 82" S-blades

JT540
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by JT540 »

Damn waterthunder posting again now he dont have to be worried about being called out on be! By the way a stock go480 naturally asperated 270hp will turn a 9 blade saber! Not impressed!
"THE MORE I LEARN ABOUT WOMEN THE MORE I LOVE MY AIRBOAT"

JT540
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by JT540 »

There is a go520 in Sumter county turning a 10 blade set on 11 and 12 turning 3600.

JT540
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by JT540 »

Helms wheres your cheerleaders outfit? There missing you in front of daves shop you now practice is today!

Quick Draw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Quick Draw »

JT540 wrote:Helms wheres your cheerleaders outfit? There missing you in front of daves shop you now practice is today!
OMG !!! That's some funny shit! :lol:

Quick Draw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Quick Draw »

JT540 wrote:There is a go520 in Sumter county turning a 10 blade set on 11 and 12 turning 3600.
Warp or Saber?

MacGyver
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Nice little Thunder ride boat motor

Post by MacGyver »

The truth be told you guys must be Jealous of car motor boats being that you can't quit bittttching and whining about them. :-) . I like all airboats by the way, why can't you get over what someone else is sliding on? they aren't spending your hard earned money they are spending their on ! Get over it already
MacGyver

Tater Nutz
2012 15 x 8 ALum GTO w2ft grassrake
383 stroker 463 HP with stinger 255 to 1 soft drive
Sensenich 3 Blade 80" R series

Return to “High Performance Talk”