(WHO IS THE FASTEST ON MOTOR) Ride boat????????;)

How to soup'em up...a little less moderated...medium skin thickness required!
todd glover
Southern Airboat Member

Re: (WHO IS THE FASTEST ON MOTOR) Ride boat????????;)

Post by todd glover » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Capt carb ill let you run my ac boat anytime you like I with you on the 400 is for women atleast when your running ride boats ittakes a little longer go strecth them out

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Cody Alvarez wrote:I would say buckner probably has it though. He has the guts and the hp. Hopefully he runs out of guts before he runs out of push though....
X2 on Buckner.
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

milo540
Southern Airboat Member

Post by milo540 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Hes Rickey bobby fast!!
13ft hull stainless rigging single front driver single rear passenger
Igso 480 with a 4bld powershift
Built by Big Bad Customs "Jason wolf"

todd glover
Southern Airboat Member

Post by todd glover » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Capt carb is so fast I'm changing his nick name to capt kirk

Raizincane
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Raizincane » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:04 am

MINE....Its never been in a airboat show or a class ride boat race, I really do ride my boat on the river.

simpleman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by simpleman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:14 am

helms well have to see whos is faster :thumbleft:

suprchrgz
Southern Airboat Member

Post by suprchrgz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:01 pm

simpleman wrote:helms well have to see whos is faster :thumbleft:
i thought u told me u were gonna dust helms :dontknow: u remember that nite rite :D and i also remember a few other things 2 lmfao but ille let those fall into place on raceday

fasteddie42089
Southern Airboat Member

Post by fasteddie42089 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Lmao

simpleman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by simpleman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:47 pm

im sure helms is going to dust me :drunken:

Bubba
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Bubba » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:00 pm

simpleman wrote:wish i had a boat to find out,im with you paulj,screw 400 feet run them all flat out, running from the hilton in the glades to the boat ramp which is proabally 14 miles or so with about 8 boats or more is way more fun then running 400 feet,id rather run 80 to 100 miles an hour and then you see how many boats you can pass, thats fun in my book.all those light weight 400 foot race boats would get smoked by alot of ride boats cause they couldnt keep them in the water and couldnt hold enough fuel and not enough nitrous. :usa: oh yeah there is a seat for every ass.
Yall will keep runnin them on out until someone fly's like always, then we will be back to runnin 30mph! Way to go yall have fun, I will keep my slow azz at 400ft.
FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER

todd glover
Southern Airboat Member

Post by todd glover » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:38 pm

I agree with bubba some boats are just to fast to stretch out more than 400 ft but there is a news guy in town who needs a good waxing

big3country8
Southern Airboat Member

Post by big3country8 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:37 pm

You leave him alone! He wants to run me for money and if you beat him he for sure will change his mind...
Temporary High
12' clendenin aluminum step with poly, 418 waterthunder, 2.68 OX, 9 blade saber, ATF rigged, nitrous outlet,, buttrax custom seats.

Qwikdiesel
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Qwikdiesel » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Bubba wrote:
simpleman wrote:wish i had a boat to find out,im with you paulj,screw 400 feet run them all flat out, running from the hilton in the glades to the boat ramp which is proabally 14 miles or so with about 8 boats or more is way more fun then running 400 feet,id rather run 80 to 100 miles an hour and then you see how many boats you can pass, thats fun in my book.all those light weight 400 foot race boats would get smoked by alot of ride boats cause they couldnt keep them in the water and couldnt hold enough fuel and not enough nitrous. :usa: oh yeah there is a seat for every ass.
Yall will keep runnin them on out until someone fly's like always, then we will be back to runnin 30mph! Way to go yall have fun, I will keep my slow azz at 400ft.

Yep! Or a rudder rod breaks, ect @100mph. Put ya straight in a casket
Rule #1.. There Not Fake If You Can Touch Them!!

dups350
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dups350 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:37 pm

Sometimes 400' can't come fast enough when these boats get a little loose. I remember the days of 660' and I couldn't imagine these boats even trying that now. I'm happy with 400'
Just bring it!!

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:43 am

that stretchin em out stuff is just stupid and asking for trouble good luck guys
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:56 am

helms24 wrote:
Bruce wrote:that stretchin em out stuff is just stupid and asking for trouble good luck guys
Yea only when u run a A/C....C/M seem to do just fine....
til yall get ur asses busted when it does go hate to lose any brother or sister airboaters due to stupidity

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Bruce wrote:
helms24 wrote:
Bruce wrote:that stretchin em out stuff is just stupid and asking for trouble good luck guys
Yea only when u run a A/C....C/M seem to do just fine....
til yall get ur asses busted when it does go hate to lose any brother or sister airboaters due to stupidity
Bruce I agree 100 percent. Some people think they got it all figured out. They have seen mr. Buckner run his boat with a rake 100 mph. And somehow feel like its safe to do it. Until that sleeper swell comes along or the wrong gust of wind and then somebody gets hurt if they are lucky they only get hurt.

cont520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cont520 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:55 pm

helms24 wrote:til yall get ur asses busted when it does go hate to lose any brother or sister airboaters due to stupidity
Bruce I agree 100 percent. Some people think they got it all figured out. They have seen mr. Buckner run his boat with a rake 100 mph. And somehow feel like its safe to do it. Until that sleeper swell comes along or the wrong gust of wind and then somebody gets hurt if they are lucky they only get hurt.[/quote]

Don't take this the wrong way but runnin ur boat 80mph is no difference than racing without a fire suit..in a full blown race boat....shure would hate to loose good guys racing without the proper safety gear.. :violent1:[/quote]

Hey James good luck bud hope you don't leave your kids fatherless or someone else's for that matter. Your are talking to guys that have been to speeds in shorter distances than some dumbass cm boat has stretched out. They are just trying to tell you to use your head about running boats wide open at long distances. Hell that pussy ass 400' is dangerous enough just look at the last couple years. The whites have flown Andy's boat has flown we have had nitrous backfires and what not. And why did these boats fly in 400' its because they are tryin to push the limits to gain as much as possible in that 400' mark.... its one thing to have a boat that can run 1 mile wide open and be so called Fast its another to do it within a limited distance.There's not a damn thing wrong with going fast and wanting to go fast be smart about it. Just remember at 80+ things happen quickly and your boat is no longer in your complete control.
Robert Mccormick
Plant City Florida, Toxic calls Pro staff and proud member of usfth
Ultimate Shot Productions prostaffer

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:03 pm

helms24 wrote:til yall get ur asses busted when it does go hate to lose any brother or sister airboaters due to stupidity
Bruce I agree 100 percent. Some people think they got it all figured out. They have seen mr. Buckner run his boat with a rake 100 mph. And somehow feel like its safe to do it. Until that sleeper swell comes along or the wrong gust of wind and then somebody gets hurt if they are lucky they only get hurt.[/quote]

Don't take this the wrong way but runnin ur boat 80mph is no difference than racing without a fire suit..in a full blown race boat....shure would hate to loose good guys racing without the proper safety gear.. :violent1:[/quote]
your right about the proper saftey gear and you can bet your sweet azz that this boy will have it the next time you see me in that boat! i can say this that top fun Ron and andybo's driver seem to be the only ones that learned anything from my incident. One thing I can say is nobody was warning me about that happening, you wont be able to say the same!

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:15 pm

I would not run a step boat over 400 feet and I have the utmost respect for it in that short distance! Ask andybo what happens when one goes 500 feet at full throttle. I dont recall saying a step boat will not fly. alot can go wrong in 4 seconds and alot more can go wrong in 10 or 15 seconds when your stretching it out for a quarter mile. You go ahead and string her out and ill tell your family we tried to tell ya! Im well aware that we take a big risk running these boats 400 feet, but what do you think would happen if we ran them lets say 600 feet instead?

cont520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cont520 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:16 pm

helms24 wrote:
cont520 wrote:
Bruce I agree 100 percent. Some people think they got it all figured out. They have seen mr. Buckner run his boat with a rake 100 mph. And somehow feel like its safe to do it. Until that sleeper swell comes along or the wrong gust of wind and then somebody gets hurt if they are lucky they only get hurt.
Don't take this the wrong way but runnin ur boat 80mph is no difference than racing without a fire suit..in a full blown race boat....shure would hate to loose good guys racing without the proper safety gear.. :violent1:
Hey James good luck bud hope you don't leave your kids fatherless or someone else's for that matter. Your are talking to guys that have been to speeds in shorter distances than some dumbass cm boat has stretched out. They are just trying to tell you to use your head about running boats wide open at long distances. Hell that pussy ass 400' is dangerous enough just look at the last couple years. The whites have flown Andy's boat has flown we have had nitrous backfires and what not. And why did these boats fly in 400' its because they are tryin to push the limits to gain as much as possible in that 400' mark.... its one thing to have a boat that can run 1 mile wide open and be so called Fast its another to do it within a limited distance.There's not a damn thing wrong with going fast and wanting to go fast be smart about it. Just remember at 80+ things happen quickly and your boat is no longer in your complete control.[/quote]

I still think eveyone picks and chooses what ******* dangerous...me my self im not a dumb ass...got a little common sence...I will be lucky to flat foot my boat in 400....if ya race 80 in 400 then dont say anything about what someone else does...not going to argue...they are both dangerous...blind corners,tour boats on blind corners that almost killed me...just because u have a step hull don't mean sheet....close friend of mine is dead from racing a step boat...[/quote]
Good luck bud wish you all the best
Robert Mccormick
Plant City Florida, Toxic calls Pro staff and proud member of usfth
Ultimate Shot Productions prostaffer

todd glover
Southern Airboat Member

Post by todd glover » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Its not a question of if just when I say it will happen this yr you guys run in lakes but the Hess in 3a is different it changes gets faster with less water or behind the club capt carb has slot of stick time and he doesn't just smash and hold but there are a lot of newer airboaters building boat now who don't bs e the seat time and buying glades style hulls with nos and or big hp cm this yr for sure sad to say I hope I'm wrong

slow ride $$$
Southern Airboat Member

Post by slow ride $$$ » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:57 pm

i got my money on simpleman , big balls, and a little simple,he will be the fastest on top end for sure

simpleman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by simpleman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:12 pm

bubba and everyone else,we all take a risk everytime we get in a boat and race or stretch them out.ive owned probally 7 or 8 steps and probally some of the lightest ones gary built for chuck.the difference now is everybody is building them lighter and spraying more nitrous and going even faster in 400 feet,bubba you are now pushing the limit more in that little ultra light rig every time you race that then my aluminum boat that weighs 4 times what yours ways.and in any of my boats you will not flat foot any of them,if you dont use common sense then your going to a place no one wants to go.And me personally i think everybodys starting to push the limits thats why i never put nitrous on that green boat,it was fast enough so when a boat out runs it and they had to be on all out nitrous on a paper chip for a boat and barely beat me,didnt matter because i new if i put nitrous well then it would of never happen but then i was taking a chance of going over backwards and wasnt worth winning that bad to me.like i always tell everybody for the last 25 years,dont worry about the other guy when racing or hauling ass trying to keep up or out run someone,only push your boat to where you feel comfortable.ID rather run 90 to 100mph in a big heavy ride boat then 75 to 85 miles an hour in 400 foot on a paper chip for a boat spraying the balls out of the engine with nitrous.EITHER WAY I HOPE EVERYONE STAYS SAFE and has a good time,because at the end of the day its all about having fun. :thumbleft:

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Yea only when u run a A/C....C/M seem to do just fine....[/quote]

til yall get ur asses busted when it does go hate to lose any brother or sister airboaters due to stupidity[/quote]

That's why u need to get rid of that old marsh ryder hull seen it about kill someone already....we can do this all day long bruce... :dontknow:[/quote]

ur not bein very smart there apples to oranges the driver of the marshrider boat was held in with a 5 point harness in the bottom of the boat with a helmet on that happened because of a wave he didnt see so dont even go there and its not even close to bein 5 feet in the air with no protection around like one of them sleds see the difference i mean be honest if u had to blow one over which would u rather be in
Attachments
helms.jpg
helms.jpg (174.78 KiB) Viewed 462 times
jacobson.jpg
jacobson.jpg (96.76 KiB) Viewed 462 times
Last edited by Bruce on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “High Performance Talk”