Levitator 496 425-450hp

How to soup'em up...a little less moderated...medium skin thickness required!
ladyblackwater
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Levitator 496 425-450hp

Postby ladyblackwater » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Swamphunter I can't wait to see what it will do also. I would post my Dyno sheet on here but I could never figure out how to do it correctly. Mike (MAS) says he even puts this EFI on his 850+hp 632ci builds. I was reading about your build. I can't wait to see that thing run. Mr. Branch is one hell of a Caddy builder from everything I've heard about him. Yes please PM me your contact info.
Last edited by ladyblackwater on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greater love hath no man, than to lay his life down for a friend.

Bitterly clinging to my guns and my religion!

I am that conservative republican your momma warned you about!

Batard03
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Levitator 496 425-450hp

Postby Batard03 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:22 pm

digginfool wrote:Don't even bother with the 8.1. There's only one place for performance parts and that's Raylar. Kits are expensive and no matter what you do, you can't get around the fact it's a heavy pig of a motor. I was always wanting something more out of my 8.1 but it helped me out by self-destructing. I replaced it with an LSA, Rachat prêt which wasn't the best choice at the end of the day. My recommendation would be to get a purpose-built LS3. That motor will weigh nearly 300 lbs less, produce a heck of a lot more power than the 8.1 with every mod you could imagine, and be light-years more reliable. One thing you didn't mention is the size of your boat. If it's more than 15 feet, you may want to go with a big block. GTO/MAS would be a good way to go. 15 or less, stick with the LS3. Give Dave at Waterthunder or Shane at Dynamarine a call. They will hook you up.

Yes, I quite agree with you :)

Return to “High Performance Talk”