Robert Marquis Fund

All about Bud Marquis & the people he helped that night.
Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: Robert Marquis Fund

Postby Olf Art » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:57 pm

Lesson learned, Ken .... I'll do better. Promise.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

grant
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Postby grant » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:34 pm

Thank you Ken! We sure don't want her to break bad with us for not doing the right thing again. I appreciate the heads up. Will do!

And for the rest of us, here is the info you need...

Robert L & Nancy M Marquis
18975 SW 316th St
Homestead, FL 33030-5425
(305) 248-2723

kenpine wrote:Greetings All,

Just an update on bud and nancy, did the lawn last sunday, they are doing fine, but I do believe they would like to hear from some of you folks. Just got of the phone with Bud, we are gonna build him an overhang for his washer and dryer outside tomorrow. All is well, but as bud said, and I quote.......Guess everyone forgot about me. Quote friggin Unquote. Folks, can we not forget about bud and all he did and all y'all did for him. For gods sake, pick up the phone, say hello, write a letter, something of that sort. I don't mind being what I have always been to bud, a neighbor that takes care of his yard and sits on the front porch and talks, but I think he would love hearing from the folks that made it happen and that would be you.

Okay, Nuff said. I am gonna get swampcritter riled up about this so y'all stay in touch with bud. Hell, call him up, invite Yourselves out for a weekend at his camp. Lord knows he, and you need it. Great people are hard to find, don't lose this one.

Done Preaching,

Ken
"Don't Taze me Bro"

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:42 pm

For all you guys in the AAoF! Come on now ..... the man is a life member of your club! I'm 362 miles away and I talked to him this afternoon. WTF ?

If they need something we'll make it happen, but we gotta know first.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

kenpine
Southern Airboat Member

Postby kenpine » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:39 pm

Thanks Guys, I love you all, especially for letting me take part in the ride, which, if you folks have not seen, get a copy of Marshrider magazine, Nancy gave me a copy today, there is a HUGE frigging, well written story on the ride and the flight.

I just want everyone here to remember how excited you were to find bud and band together to get his boat build taken care of, another group effort, , get him recognized and raise the funds for him and nancy, and.... the warm fuzzy each and every one of you got when it all came together at the ride. REMEMBER? I do. Damn near cried. Falls onto the list of one of the best days of my life.

Had quite the exciting day, we built a shed for his laundry room,,,,,by the way, today is my birthday, yup., I am 20 yet again. Since I never go to my job on my birthday, decided to work with bud to get this laundry room thing done and thanks to buds supervision, it came out just fine. Nancy made a big deal of the Marshrider article, and yes, I have two pics there. Please don't hate me because I am beautiful. (joke, please,,,,,,joke)

Anyway folks, it would be nice to find a way to keep bud in some way in the forefront of Southernairboat.com. Pretty much everyone here has risen above the call of duty, lets keep it that way.

Always proud to post here, you guys are the greatest.

(and I build a mean shed, thank god for air nailers and screw guns. (no duct tape needed)

Ken
Kenneth Pine

kenpine
Southern Airboat Member

Postby kenpine » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:42 pm

Thanks Guys, I love you all, especially for letting me take part in the ride, which, if you folks have not seen, get a copy of Marshrider magazine, Nancy gave me a copy today, there is a HUGE frigging, well written story on the ride and the flight.

I just want everyone here to remember how excited you were to find bud and band together to get his boat build taken care of, another group effort, , get him recognized and raise the funds for him and nancy, and.... the warm fuzzy each and every one of you got when it all came together at the ride. REMEMBER? I do. Damn near cried. Falls onto the list of one of the best days of my life.

Had quite the exciting day, we built a shed for his laundry room,,,,,by the way, today is my birthday, yup., I am 20 yet again. Since I never go to my job on my birthday, decided to work with bud to get this laundry room thing done and thanks to buds supervision, it came out just fine. Nancy made a big deal of the Marshrider article, and yes, I have two pics there. Please don't hate me because I am beautiful. (joke, please,,,,,,joke)

Anyway folks, it would be nice to find a way to keep bud in some way in the forefront of Southernairboat.com. Pretty much everyone here has risen above the call of duty, lets keep it that way.

Always proud to post here, you guys are the greatest.

(and I build a mean shed, thank god for air nailers and screw guns. (no duct tape needed)

Ken
Kenneth Pine

desertgrl
Southern Airboat Member

Postby desertgrl » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Hello Ken Pine, Want to wish you a happy 47th Birthday!!!! Now everyone knows your real age....ha..Thank you for all you have done and are still doing for us!!!!
Love, Nan and Bud
and many thanks to our daughter Terri for putting these messages on the computer for us...

Ya just gotta love them Nan and Bud they are so cute if they had a computer they would have comments on here everyday....Ha Terri

kenpine
Southern Airboat Member

Postby kenpine » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:53 pm

I am standing by my statement that I am 20 years old,,,maybe plus a few here and there. Thanks nancy for giving my not so secret away.

Ken
Kenneth Pine

kenpine
Southern Airboat Member

Postby kenpine » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:55 pm

And grant,,,,thanks for the info.

Ken
Kenneth Pine

Return to “Eastern Airlines Flt 401 Crash”