CALLING ALL SOUTHERN AIRBOAT LADIES! We need you're help!!!

All about Bud Marquis & the people he helped that night.
painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

CALLING ALL SOUTHERN AIRBOAT LADIES! We need you're help!!!

Postby painterchic » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:44 pm

Swampcritter and I were just talking and we think it would be really nice if we (the ladies of southern airboat) could find it in our hearts to come up with something nice for Mrs. Marquis, just a little something to make her realize we love her just as much as Bud. We all know that sometimes its just the smallest gesture that can really warm the heart, so lets do some brainstorming and see what we can do for her.... Now just off the top of my head I'm thinking maybe a gift basket of some sort and maybe we could each find one thing to put in it, I'm sure it would make Mrs. Marquis day. If anybody else has any ideas, please let us know and lets get the ball rolling on this... Any one interested in helping with this project please feel free to post your ideas or PM me..... Thanks!!!!

Tonia
aka Painterchic
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

dudley
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby dudley » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:28 am

I knew if the MEN waited long enough that you women would come up with a GREAT PLAN. :twisted:
Dudley

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:40 am

I know my wife just loves a nice pedicure. They make the toes look all nice and pretty, but most of all, they massage the legs from the knee down - it IMPROVES CIRCULATION in the lower legs - and that can be a big help with a lot of older people. So, not only does it feel great, it is healthy too.

A gift certificate to a nail salon costs about $35. Just a thought.

matt.

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby Dakota » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:29 am

I am right there with you. I am willing to get some things for the basket. We need to figure out what she likes though. If bath and body stuff or she may want some gadgets for the kitchen. So we need to see what she likes. If someone can find out for us that would be great.
www.dakotasphotography.com

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:42 am

Great ideas! Maybe we can get some input from John C about this idea... he and Ken Pine know her better than anyone else, maybe they can hook us up with some ideas as to what she likes.... I'll send him a PM and see if we can't get him to help too...

Painterchic
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:53 am

I just had a thought.... I wonder if she has any hobbies that she enjoys that she might need some supplies for... needle point, knitting, plastic canvas, painting, cooking, gardening, any of that stuff... I'm really liking the thought of this project already... this could be alot of fun!

Tonia
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Don't forget the Rolling Pin!

Postby Swampcritter » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:55 am

painterchic wrote:I just had a thought.... I wonder if she has any hobbies that she enjoys that she might need some supplies for... needle point, knitting, plastic canvas, painting, cooking, gardening, any of that stuff... I'm really liking the thought of this project already... this could be alot of fun!

Tonia

I am loving this! Something she can have forever. Every time she uses it, she can realize what a hero her husband is... but she needs a Rolling Pin that she can keep nearby if Bud tries to sneak out of the house on his brand new *refurbished* Airboat by himself... lol

Can you imagine what she and the other mans wife went through that night? Not knowing if they were dead or alive??? Wow, I bet they are so proud of them.

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:01 am

In all honesty they were probably clueless until Bud and his friend got back, they were supposed to be froggin' so they probably didn't expect to see them anyway, but when they got back I can just imagine what the story was like...

T
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:22 am

Yeah, your probably right. The news programs were not as quick as they are now back then. Maybe they were spared that part, at least...

I like your suggestions about supplies for her hobbies, we just need to know what she piddles at now... :)

John C
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby John C » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:40 pm

Last time I talked to Nancy she said she knew that Bud was in that area frogging. When she heard the news of the plane crash and Bud was not home yet, She thought either it fell on him or he was right in the middle of it helping out.
I will see Bud and Nancy next weekend, I will see what I can find out if she has any hobbies or likes crafts etc.

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Thanks

Postby Swampcritter » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:59 pm

John C wrote:Last time I talked to Nancy she said she knew that Bud was in that area frogging. When she heard the news of the plane crash and Bud was not home yet, She thought either it fell on him or he was right in the middle of it helping out.
I will see Bud and Nancy next weekend, I will see what I can find out if she has any hobbies or likes crafts etc.

Thanks for that info John, it sounds like she already knew what kind of man she was married to huh?

"If it didn't kill him, he would be out there helping!"

Which is exactly what happend!!

Thanks for finding out what she does for hobbies and crafts etc... that will help out a lot. :)

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:56 pm

OK... so what I've gathered from John is that Nancy is a simple woman who really isn't into the fancy stuff most likely, and loves her cats as well as whatever strays find there way to her house...lol John isn't real sure about the inside of her house but is going to see if he can get a peek when he goes down next weekend... I have a feeling she is alot like my grandmother was that lived down there... simple cracker house, no frills, not alot of updates, probably doesn't even know whats out there now as far as "nifty" gadgets and whatnot... so... all that stuff taken into consideration... what ideas can we come up with ladies????? (and gentlemen too of course!)
How about a new table cloth or matching placemats, curtains maybe?... if course that would require one of the guys to get us some measurements... decorative pillows? I wish I could be down there for a week or so.... I could take her shopping for some new paint or something for the inside of her house and repaint for her... sorry... I'm just thinking out loud again.... brainstorming, having an out of body experience... what ever you want to call it.... I need ideas people!!!!:D:D:D:D

Tonia
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby Dakota » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:59 pm

No those are all great ideas. Let's wait to see what she likes or if she has any hobbies or if there is anything that she likes. This is a great idea and I am so glad you thought of it.
www.dakotasphotography.com

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:52 am

If she likes cats and strays...maybe somehting that could be helpful in the lines of taking in strays...umm, food, cat beds, scratching pads, litter box, toys, collars...*thinking, pondering* :)

A charm bracelet/necklace with a pic of the "True Florida Hero" that is ready for tee shirts now????

http://floridacrackeroutlawsinc.tripod.com/id10.html

Bottom left...

Just some suggestions to add to the basket...

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:16 am

Can yall stand an idea from the guys?

A simple gold heart shaped locket and neck chain. Not cheep junk but simple. The locket opens with a picture of her and Bud, maybe when they got married or with their kids.

Sample Idea: http://www.walshbrothers.co.uk/Update/heart_lockets.htm

My mom had one of when her and dad first met and she treasured it for 60 years. It don't have to be fancy or crafty to have meaning. One side, outside could be engraved from the Ladies of SA.

Scotty :wink:
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Add it to the Basket!

Postby Swampcritter » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:56 am

I LOVE IT!

Beats my next suggestion of an apron with the "True Florida Hero" pic on it...

Thanks!!

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Come on now!

Postby Swampcritter » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:08 pm

This is the place, for now, that we need to be "Honoring" our Redneck Men! Are you with me Painterchic? :angel13:

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:17 pm

Absolutely! :D

Sooooo... How does this rolling pin training work... I really need to find someone to try it out on.... :lol:
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:25 pm

For real girlfriend, when they come out of the swamp, doing their swamp thing... I would be at the pool table...they just had to challenge that purdy little blonde haired girl and try to whoop her... never happend, now they are mad about it....

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:28 pm

I have won more pool sticks than they have ever laid eyes on.... In my hay day, they were dropping at my feet!!! For real, some of them still are!!! :D

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:33 pm

painterchic wrote:Absolutely! :D

Sooooo... How does this rolling pin training work... I really need to find someone to try it out on.... :lol:

Oh girl, if you really want a good man, the Florida Swamp Man is the way to go! Don't pull their leg though, they are looking for a Good Woaman too!!! Ya Know????!!!!!

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:56 pm

Then I DEFINITELY need lessons.... I think I scare them off before I get a chance to beat them at pool.... apparently "yankee" girls are scary....lol
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:24 pm

Ken Johnson, Rick, Robert (goldhunter) and Paul (cherpa)

Girlfriend, with all of these good folks behind you, no pun inteded, you are in the best of hands. But please, know that you are very welcomed and you will be safe and secure. I am a woman of my word! You can probably already tell that! You are very welcome and will be safe on your aproach and on your stay and on your trip back home!

I feel like I have a new friend now. :)

From God's ears to your ear's You will be safe and you will have been apart of a piece of God's work!

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:31 pm

Of course I have some of those catch and throw backs to get you started on.... :)

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:38 pm

Girlfriend, I am so glad to know you!!! And you are very right, all the guys are great, and I'm honored they befriended me and let me into the "circle"!

Hmmm which catch and throwbacks we talking about??? :twisted: could be fun!

T
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Return to “Eastern Airlines Flt 401 Crash”