CALLING ALL SOUTHERN AIRBOAT LADIES! We need you're help!!!

All about Bud Marquis & the people he helped that night.
bondo
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Mrs. Marquis Gift Basket

Postby bondo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:12 pm

BUMP

We'll be giving the BASKETS to Mrs. Marquis during the cermony at noon on the 29th.

CALLING ALL CAT LOVERS --- Mrs. Marquis tends to 28 cats out there.....buy a four-pack of nine lives , bring it to the ride and put into the basket....or bring along a grocery store/wal mart gift certificate....

bondo

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:35 am

Bondo, we're definitely gonna need that second basket now... I got the cookie jar in the mail yesterday and its alot larger than anicipated! (I might just have to take this gift basket back as it is and swap it back to the bigger one again... LOL)

I'm glad you brought up the cats again... I picked up some stuff for them as well, but the more the merrier!

Tonia
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:40 pm

painterchic wrote:This is what WE'RE doing... not just me... I'm just a tool like everyone else... I just get to be the lucky one who gets to put this together! But in no way am I taking credit for this effort alone.... it wouldn't be happening if I didn't get help from the other SA members... so lets fill up the gift basket!!!

(And THANK YOU bondo for helping with last minute gifts too, I'm really hoping we can fill a second basket.. that would be just too awesome!!)

Painterchic

"I'm just a tool"

5. "Anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose: Education is a tool for success."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tool

"THE TOOL"

:hmph: :toothy7: One useful use for a "TOOL" would be: :violent1:

:lol: :lol: 8) :lol: :lol:

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:47 pm

Just want to put in a quick THANK-YOU to JohnC who jumped on board and has helped us out with the basket... We welcome donations from the Gentlemen of SA too ya know!!!.... (you don't have to wear a skirt to donate!... Whew... Thank goodness...I would be out for sure!) :lol: :lol:

Painterchic
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:55 pm

painterchic wrote:Bondo, we're definitely gonna need that second basket now... I got the cookie jar in the mail yesterday and its alot larger than anicipated! (I might just have to take this gift basket back as it is and swap it back to the bigger one again... LOL)

I'm glad you brought up the cats again... I picked up some stuff for them as well, but the more the merrier!

Tonia

Keep the little one and get a bigger one too! We can fill them up, I'm sure! :thumbup:

Hawk
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Hawk » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:50 pm

I met Mrs. Marquis on Monday. What a gracious lovely women. I'll bring down some cat food on the 29th to add to that basket.

Laurie Hauke

John C
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby John C » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:03 pm

Laurie, I just spoke with Bud. He told me that he is sorry he did not get a chance to speak with you after the ceremony. He wants to know how he can get a subscription to your Magazine. I told him that you would be at the ride on the 29th and he would have plenty of time to talk to you there.

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:57 pm

Thats GREAT Laurie... THANK-YOU!!!! This is just getting better and better!!! Does anybody happen to know what chain stores happen to be around Mrs. Marquis?? I figure the walmart GC is a great one, but I was trying to come up with a little variety... Maybe Target or K-Mart or something?? We never did find out if she has any hobbies that we might be able to get some supplies for... does anybody know how to get in touch with Kristal?? Maybe we could give her a jingle and get some input from her... I've been having a ball coming up with Frog stuff for her, but I don't want to run her out of house and home with them if there is something else she might like as well or could really use... I don't know a thing about dolls.... (I preferred the GI JOE's growing up... if you catch my drift... :lol: :lol: :lol: ) so I hate to go and do something on those lines because I'm clueless about them.... so I'm still looking for ideas!!!!

Painterchic
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:40 pm

grant wrote:I can't believe that there are only about 10 of us out of 1600+ members that are going to give something for the woman in Bud's life :shock:

Send painterchic something

Once again, you can donate by paypal through the link that goldhunter set up for us http://goldhunter2.webng.com/mrsmarq/p1/index.html
or you can send your donations to me directly at the address below

Tonia Suarez
4363 Cheningo Solon Pond Rd.
Cincinnatus, NY 13040

There are only a few of us women folk within that 1600 though... We are working on it! Hey, give us a chance. Who knows, we Swampwomen just might even come up with a better gift for Mrs. Nancy than ya'll Swampmen did for"Mr. Bullfrog Bud." Angel of the EverGlades, ever think about that?!?!

Hmmph! Already, Hmmph

You know that I know for a fact that will never happen in a million years!!! You guys kicked ass!!!! :)

Southern Airboat men "Kick Ass"!!!

We will all have a chance to bring something for the Basket to the Ride on the 29th. Either that or use the paypal link! :)

Daddy Dave
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Daddy Dave » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:03 pm

Hey, Painterchick, how 'bout I pay you $100.00 for a big ole cheeze grit...properly cooked of course and big enough to feed yer family, at the feast? Should be No Problem for a fast talkin' NY Yankee girllie....You do what you want with the $$$.$$
A I R B O A T

Anytime It Runs, Break Out Another Thousand

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:40 pm

"a big ole cheeze grit" Does Not Compute, Does Not Compute, Does Not Compute!!!

We will have cheese grits for everbody, that is a given at any and all cookouts in the State of Florida...But, what is "a big ole cheeze grit"?

Girl, you might want to dream about that Airboat ride tonight, don't let the cheeze grit disturb your sleep until I can investigate it and find out what it does for or "to" mankind!!! :) :shock:

I know that "a big ole cheeze grit" does not originate from the swamp. So be careful of what you eat while you are down here!!! :)
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:12 pm

Hawk wrote:I met Mrs. Marquis on Monday. What a gracious lovely women. I'll bring down some cat food on the 29th to add to that basket.

[color=orange][b]Laurie Hauke
She is a very gracious woman isn't she?

Thank you Laurie, that will help the Marquis' so much. You can probably imagine how much it takes to pick up behind so many cats... :)

Thank you for jumping on board. :)

And here is the paypal button: It tends to make things more convenient. I think so anyway:

grant wrote:
I can't believe that there are only about 10 of us out of 1600+ members that are going to give something for the woman in Bud's life

Send painterchic something

Once again, you can donate by paypal through the link that goldhunter set up for us http://goldhunter2.webng.com/mrsmarq/p1/index.html
or you can send your donations to me directly at the address below

Tonia Suarez
4363 Cheningo Solon Pond Rd.
Cincinnatus, NY 13040

Again, thank you Laurie. :)
[/b][/color]

John C
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby John C » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:43 pm

Well I must admit that it has taken a while for me to donate to the cause here for Nancy, and I apoligize for that. I have been a little busy lately but thats no excuse.

Come on guys and gals, Its real easy. Just go to the pay pal link and click the mouse. You don't have to give much. But Nancy is a real sweetheart, so give what you can. Hopefully you can attend the ride and meet Bud and Nancy. When you do it will make your heart feel good to know that you have helped such deserving folks as Bud and Nancy.

Thank You
John C.

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:56 pm

John C wrote:Well I must admit that it has taken a while for me to donate to the cause here for Nancy, and I apoligize for that. I have been a little busy lately but thats no excuse.

Come on guys and gals, Its real easy. Just go to the pay pal link and click the mouse. You don't have to give much. But Nancy is a real sweetheart, so give what you can. Hopefully you can attend the ride and meet Bud and Nancy. When you do it will make your heart feel good to know that you have helped such deserving folks as Bud and Nancy.

Thank You
John C.

I have already asked you to bring some Kleenex with you when you post. ! :)

Thank you John, you will be a big help here now. Sorry to work you so thin...but for some reason, I think you can handle it, and I hope you enjoy it. That's the way I see it anyway...

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:27 pm

BigDaddy wrote:Hey, Painterchick, how 'bout I pay you $100.00 for a big ole cheeze grit...properly cooked of course and big enough to feed yer family, at the feast? Should be No Problem for a fast talkin' NY Yankee girllie....You do what you want with the $$$.$$

Oh BigDaddy... I should confess, I was raised on all sorts of southern foods... My mamma is from Brooksville FL.... and lived there her entire life until she met my dad.... and I KNOW ALLLLLLLL ABOUT GRITS MY DEAR!!! I eat them quite often for breakfast... and if I had the facilities to do it I would take on your challenge in a heartbeat....LOL but its gonna be tough enough getting me down there with no major ordeal let alone trying to cook something and bring it with me...

Painterchic :D
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:33 pm

Correct usage of the word grits:

Grits is both singular and plural.

Therefore grits is good is correct form.
Grits is in the pot is correct form
Grits are cooking is incorrect yankee speak. Never get caught using the word ARE after grits. Its jus plain wrong.

GRITS IS !

Scotty :wink:
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Swampcritter
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Swampcritter » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:48 am

Whitebear wrote:Correct usage of the word grits:

Grits is both singular and plural.

Therefore grits is good is correct form.
Grits is in the pot is correct form
Grits are cooking is incorrect yankee speak. Never get caught using the word ARE after grits. Its jus plain wrong.

GRITS IS !

Scotty :wink:

Whitebear, I just spent at least ten darn minutes laughing before I could even reach for my key board! You people just ain't right"! Hah! I finally got the opportunity to return that favor! Love Ya! This really gave me a good laugh...laff...lauff...a damn hee haw is all I can say! :)

:sign5:

And you say I ain't right?!? I feel right at home with "ya'll not right folks!"

Daddy Dave
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Daddy Dave » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:50 am

Critterchick and Scotty, I seem to remember My Cousin Vinnie arguing the merrits of a grit...just figured that Yankee Girlie would have that one pinned down, sharp as she is. But, you are absolutely right and correct, too. Grits Is.
A I R B O A T

Anytime It Runs, Break Out Another Thousand

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:37 am

Grits is GOOD ..... that's all ya gotta know. :D
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby plumcrazy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:51 am

if you got grit it means your tough, true grit means your John wayne tough, yanks eat grits but they call em cream of wheat and put sugar on em , i like cow brains in my grits, cant order that at dennys, ill get kathi on the pay pal thingfor miss marquis, she told me last night she want to bring a big old macoroni salad to the ride the 29th :wink:

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:48 pm

I can tell you from experience... Cream of Wheat is NOT grits.... my grandfather used to eat that crap.... my mamma makes the real thing... and YES you can buy them up here in Yankee country... hard to believe huh??? We can get okra too! (One of my personal favorites!) We're still working on boiled peanuts though... people still look at me strange when I tell them they don't know what they're missing.... I guess thats one secret that the south will get to keep! :lol:
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Hawk
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Hawk » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:21 pm

I don't cook very much except cookies and brownies with my granddaughters - but what needs brought food wise for the cookout so I know what to bring.

Laurie Hauke

MikeP
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby MikeP » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:51 pm

Yall cant have grits up there!
Grits means
Girls Raised In The South.

And dont be spoilin our secrets about boiled peanuts, we dont need ALL the yanks to move down here, we got plenty already! :D

airboat4fun
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby airboat4fun » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:38 am

G.R.I.T.S. is GOOD
:D

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:31 am

We DO have G R I T S... as you say... my mamma was one of them! I'm a GBITS myself.... (girl BORN in the south....lol)... or maybe I'm just a grit thats only half cooked...or only half baked as the case may be! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
607-345-9394

www.Painterchic.com

Return to “Eastern Airlines Flt 401 Crash”