Need Volenteers to help at the ramps.

All about Bud Marquis & the people he helped that night.
John C
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Need Volenteers to help at the ramps.

Postby John C » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:15 pm

We went to the crash site again yesterday. We launched six boats and it took 30 minutes. We used Ramp #1. You can only launch one boat at a time. To help this operation to go smoothly We are going to need some help at the ramps.

Please plan on getting to the ramps early. The more boats we can get in early the better.

The boat ramp situation is going to be our biggest problem. If you can show up early and help out Please let me know.

Ramp #1 has a full time security guard. For those of you that are coming down on Friday, myself and some of the AAOF club members our going to put our boats in on Friday evening. We have made arrangements with the security guard to keep an eye on our boats. He is at the entrance of the boat ramp and will be within 100yards of the boats all night. That will free up the ramp for some of those coming Saturday morning. This is an option available if you are coming on Friday.

The boat ramp is going to be very busy Saturday morning. PLEASE come early and have everything in your boat ready to go. cooler, all safety equip. camera, etc. Make sure your drain plugs are in, and have a long enough bow line attached to your boat.
We need to be able to launch quickly and make the ramp available for the next boat.

If you can come early Saturday morning and help at the ramps PM me. And if you have a pair of hip boots that will help also. The water is shallow at the ramp. I think it would help if someone could help shove the boats off the trailers and push them to the side while you go park your truck. This should help speed things up a little. Remember, Please have patience, be courteous, and help each other out.

airboat132000
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby airboat132000 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:45 pm

I WILL BE THERE ON FRIDAY AND LAUNCH MY BOAT AT RAMP MORE THAN GLAD TO HELP OUT ON SAT AM

John C
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby John C » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:52 pm

Thanks, see you there.

Davie GSO480
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Davie GSO480 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:41 pm

Ramp 2 West, AAoF slightly west of center, Ramp 1 east side
Proud member of the Airboat Association of Florida.
A Miami Landmark sense 1951
http://www.aaof.com

Return to “Eastern Airlines Flt 401 Crash”