SPRAY RIG TIPS?

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
CONTINENTAL CRACKER
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

SPRAY RIG TIPS?

Post by CONTINENTAL CRACKER »

WHERE CAN YOU GET THEM FROM? I WANT SS TIP BUT CAN'T SEEM TO LOCATE THEM IN TOWN.
I WOULD RATHER PADDLE A CANOE THAN OWN A WATERPUMPER

FREDCC
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: SPRAY RIG TIPS?

Post by FREDCC »

Spraying Systems Co.
Hold my beer and watch this!

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 »

USE BRASS SPRINKLER NOZZLES,HALF SPRAY.THERE ABOUT $1.50 APIECE,THEY ARE WHAT ALUMITECH USE.YOU CAN GET THEM AT HOME DEPOT.

lil_armond
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by lil_armond »

continental cracker, This is the sprayer tip you want with out a doubt. When placed in center of the bow up high it will spray back directly on your poly or bottom, the pattern it throws will totaly coat beyond the width of an 8' wide boat. I used this exact style nozzle and everyone that ever saw it spray wanted to throw what they had away. Here is a link to a company that makes them, you dont have to use them but this is the perfect sprayer nozzel for airboat application you will love it.

http://www.lechlerusa.com/products/flat_fan_6.asp

Those misting nozzels are not worth a crap this will get you right were you need to be.

Jeff
''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
-- John Wayne

15' x 8' Alumitech w/ 84" 5 blade Superwide

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mojoe »

I have never seen a spray rig. What powers it? A large pump up bug sprayer or a gas powered airless paint sprayer or something in between? The only thing I have tried is a bottle of Black Magic Tire Shine and the guy up front leaning forward. A little tricky solo though. And come to think of it, he hasn't been out since.....
Mark 7:9

Southern Style
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Southern Style »

That is a sweet nozzle. I was not sure if you needed 2 nozzles covering 1/2 the boat each,. or now this one where 1 does it all...... does this nozzle need to be attached to a metal water line? Or can you attach clear hose line to it... Guess I need to buy it and see the connection point on it... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
DONT ARGUE WITH STUPIDITY...THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.....
KRVSA Member
SJRAA Member
KCCO

crowhater
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by crowhater »

continental cracker wrote:WHERE CAN YOU GET THEM FROM? I WANT SS TIP BUT CAN'T SEEM TO LOCATE THEM IN TOWN.

Cracker I have done many of these spray systems and this is my advise to you! You can get all the tips you want at your local lumber yard ( lowes, home depot). I like to use pressure washer tips and the reason is this. Sooner or later trash will plug your tip and it will be when you need your sprayer. With a pressure washer quick connect you can pop your tip out and spray the trash out of your line with ease. You can also change out your tips if they get clogged or broken. Another cool thing is that you can attach one of those cork screw air hoses to your spray tip connector and spray down your sides if you where stuck on dry ground, kind of like a wash down hose.
18x8 Alum, 496 BBC, 2.6 CH4, 4B 82" S-blades

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by jopete »

the sprayer tips we run down here are just bolts drilled out and a slit cut through the head of the bolt with a hacksaw.
the 2 bolts like this i use are also used to hold the grass rake on, so no new fab or drilling is required.
when i hit the diesal [ooops, i mean soap] it feels like the boat just takes off.

my old aircraft boat had sprayer tips with alum sharouds protecting them. it worked great but was more work to install and sumthing to hangup on stumps.

i'll try to post a pic when i get back from offshore.

as far as the spray rig goes, i gots a 12volt atvsprayer motor under the front deck and a 7 or 8 gal tank under my stand that i can use in the summer or take it out for the winter.

the one tip i will tell u is that u need to put the spray rig on a bushbutton switch or a springloaded toggle switch, cause if u don't u will leave it on and dump out all ur soap when u forget to turn it off. had that brainfart too many times!!!!

Smuggler
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by Smuggler »

jopete wrote:the sprayer tips we run down here are just bolts drilled out and a slit cut through the head of the bolt with a hacksaw.
the 2 bolts like this i use are also used to hold the grass rake on, so no new fab or drilling is required.
Very cool idea!!! 8) 8) 8)

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Duece »

I've got some pics in my gallery of mine. One thing is make sure the nozzles are not all that much higher than the pump. The pump on my spray rig can only pull so much head once the water in the tank gets real low and the volume of spray diminishes.

Duece
"Welcome to the Dark Side..."
14'x8' Diamondback 6.2 Pleasurecraft Marine Levitator 550 hp/2.37:1 Oxbox 80" JX Series Sensnich Prop

WBG444
Southern Airboat Member
Location: I live on a Ranch in Texas out in da middle of nowhere, far away from all You crazy people…

Post by WBG444 »

So is a spray rig really worth is or not?

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Duece »

YES!

Duece
14'x8' Diamondback 6.2 Pleasurecraft Marine Levitator 550 hp/2.37:1 Oxbox 80" JX Series Sensnich Prop

WBG444
Southern Airboat Member
Location: I live on a Ranch in Texas out in da middle of nowhere, far away from all You crazy people…

Post by WBG444 »

Cool! Going to look into it…

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES »

NOW A AIRCRAFT NEEDS A SPRAY RIG :lol:
SHOULD OF BOUGHT A CADDIE :wink:
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Duece »

JAMES wrote:NOW A AIRCRAFT NEEDS A SPRAY RIG :lol:
SHOULD OF BOUGHT A CADDIE :wink:
Oh no, here we go again!!!!

Duece

Return to “Airboat Tech”