flywheel

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
Bodean
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

flywheel

Post by Bodean » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:00 pm

I've been feelin a vibration for a while and i couldn't figure it out, tried everything i could think of,new motor mounts, checked prop for water and trueness, it finally showed its self last night =i'm running a 350 flexplate yall know the rest :blackeye: , luckly it didn't come all the way apart, it cracked all the way around the prop adapter but stayed in place :bom: I actuall ran from lake cypress through dead river went in the marsh by bull$hit came out by the yaght club on to camp mack
Just be yourself

airboat4fun
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: flywheel

Post by airboat4fun » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:17 pm

I had the same problem years ago...the solution = don't go back to a standard flexplate.
"The Wheel" from JW Performance Transmissions in Rockledge,Fl.-
JW Performance
1826 Baldwin St.
Rockledge, FL 32955
Phone: 321-632-6205
Fax: 321-632-0247
http://www.racewithjw.com

FULLBLOWN
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FULLBLOWN » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:03 pm

2 weeks ago i had my flywheel throw its teeth off and they broke the cone of the starter and sent all that into the radiator and thru the master blaster prop. then all of that junk went thru the Flowmaster mufflers, side of the boat and shreaded the cage. What an $80.00 flywheel can destroy!!!
Attachments
blade3-b.JPG
blade3-b.JPG (117.29 KiB) Viewed 504 times
Fullblown Adventures not a guide service, but everytime we go out it turns into an adventure!
http://www.youtube.com/user/fullblownadventures

WBG444
Southern Airboat Member
Location: I live on a Ranch in Texas out in da middle of nowhere, far away from all You crazy people…

Post by WBG444 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:15 pm

I heard about this flywheel losing its teeth…once a year visit to the Dentist would have prevented that…

Return to “Airboat Tech”