IVO props??

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
JoeinFl
Southern Airboat Member

IVO props??

Post by JoeinFl » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:17 am

Can anyone give info on IVO props? Good or not?
Thanks, Joe
16x7.6 Alumitech, SBC ZZ4, 78" Whirl Wind 3 Blade Stump Puller, CH2A 2 to 1 ratio belt drive

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: IVO props??

Post by Bruce » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 am

im my honest opinion they are junk buddy of mine had one and it was straight crap the tape comes off the leading edges and if you have the nickel edges put on ive seen one of them come off and go through a cage
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

JoeinFl
Southern Airboat Member

Post by JoeinFl » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:48 am

Thanks Bruce, I was concerned when I read they had tape edges. I was not to confident after reading that. Thanks, Joe
16x7.6 Alumitech, SBC ZZ4, 78" Whirl Wind 3 Blade Stump Puller, CH2A 2 to 1 ratio belt drive

Bodean
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Bodean » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:59 am

i had one on my 220 and it was junk barely had any push an just started deteriatin
Just be yourself

MARMON77
Southern Airboat Member

Post by MARMON77 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:02 am

Hey Joe I had one on my 0290 and ran it for 2 years no problems, plus you can adjust the pitch of that prop. This was my first boat so I didn't know about any other props plus I didn't want to spend the money for one cause I was building my 220. So if you can get one for cheap run it till you get something better. I have a 4 blade warp drive on it now and it spins up a little faster.

JoeinFl
Southern Airboat Member

Post by JoeinFl » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:11 am

This props on a boat I am looking at. I have NO experience with IVO props.
THX, Joe

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Ivo's work fine on light boats ... they don't work so good for runnin dry because they flex a lot like 6 to 8 " forward while getting the boat moving. But if used for what they were meant to do they will do it. If you try to get them to do what they were not designed to do well then your opinion of them will be less than flattering but who's fault is it??? the props or the users ... Just a thought
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

barhopper
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by barhopper » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Do a search on them. There has been a lot posted about them. I ran a six blade (two three's stacked) and I couldn't complain but with the new technology and developement out there today you could do a lot better.

BenBad
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by BenBad » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:13 pm

I have a 3 blade IVO on my boat. This is my first airboat and have been running it for a full season. I have a DD SBC 400 on a 14 ft boat. It was set up and I could only turn 2400 RPM's when I got the boat. I ran it this way most of the summer. I had to watch where I stopped so I could get going again. I could not park on a sandbar, but had to stay parked in the water. The blades did not have any damage to them up to this point. I then ajusted the prop and got my RPM's up to 3000 RPM's and I could then park on sandbars and get going again but my prop would flex to much and cliped my cage and put dings and chips on the end of the blades.

I will be making a change this next summer.
Rick Powers
Omaha NE
http://www.yourtalkingnow.com/

Return to “Airboat Tech”