paint

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
johnnybeeegood
Southern Airboat Member

paint

Post by johnnybeeegood »

what would be a good paint for an aluminum hull and rigging , will be in salt water alot?
painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: paint

Post by painterchic »

I would use a high end Automotive Paint if it were my boat... not the cheap stuff.. no matter what, your prep work is gonna tell the tale as to how well any of them hold up... salt water or otherwise...

T :smurfin:
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook
boatnfish10
Southern Airboat Member

Post by boatnfish10 »

This will sound weird, but Sherwin Williams makes a aircraft Paint that is out of this world... It is super durable and looks great. I used it on my boat and cage. Its not the cheapest in price but man its worth it in the long run. It sprays just like automotive paint and with a couple light coats you'll be happy. If you lightly dust some clear reduced down with some thinner as your last coat or two it will really have a shine. AVI-ALL in fort lauderdale carries this product. Hope this helps
OLD MAN JONES
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by OLD MAN JONES »

Ameri-coat 235 is a hull paint, I have used it in the past with great results. Not sure of the result o riggig though. JMHO
LIVING FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR EVERGLADES..
WWW.MACKSFISHCAMP.COM A traditional cultural Gladesman property.

Return to “Airboat Tech”