grass rake

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

grass rake

Post by :) »

Anybody got any pics of a full style grass rake like on an aluminum hull, but on a fiberglass hull. I saw the one fiberglass rake a while back on here but I'm thinkin more of a metal/aluminum rake. I just can't picture it in my head coming out the way I want. They fit the aluminum hulls like its part of the hull, I kinda want that fit. Don't want a regular emt or tube rake, most of my runnin is not in tall grass. I want it more fore that little extra support coming into the water..
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

swamp runner
Southern Airboat Member

Re: grass rake

Post by swamp runner »

If it were me , I would at least go and look a glass one . I think that they look pretty good .
12' HAMANT ULTRALIGHT - 180 LYCOMING - 68" CYPRESS SERIES

STINGER477
Southern Airboat Member

Post by STINGER477 »

VP1543876_5_large.jpg
VP1543876_5_large.jpg (92.19 KiB) Viewed 1157 times
vp755207_1.jpg
vp755207_1.jpg (53.49 KiB) Viewed 1157 times
VP771550_3.jpg
VP771550_3.jpg (46.05 KiB) Viewed 1157 times

swamp runner
Southern Airboat Member

Post by swamp runner »

If it were me , I would at least go and look a glass one . I think that they look pretty good .
12' HAMANT ULTRALIGHT - 180 LYCOMING - 68" CYPRESS SERIES

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

I have only seen the 1 fiberglass rake. The way I understood it was that it only fit a rivermaster hull. I asked for a price for one but haven't heard back yet. And I don't want to buy the one fit for a rivermaster and have to modify it to fit my boat. I just think that would take that clean look away he had on his boat.. R there others that build glass rakes
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

StrokiN&SmokiN
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by StrokiN&SmokiN »

Here is mine on a square nose flat bottom looks nice :florida:
Attachments
imagejpeg_2_8.jpg
imagejpeg_2_8.jpg (206.65 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
2.5 ton buggy under construction
13.6x7.6 calusa,450hp 383 stroker,2.68 rotator,80" 3blade "R" sensenich

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

That's the problem with mine, its so rounded at the front. Gonna be hard to make it blend into the hull so to speak.

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES »

GLASS HULL AS U HAVE ID BUILD A DOM/EMT/SS AND PUT A PIECE OF ALUM ON THE LOWEREND TOWARDS THE BOW AND CALL IT DONE LOOKS GOOD AND CHEAPER ..
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

I thought of doing a emt and wrapping it. I don't think a single sheet on the bottom would fully do the job I'm wanting it to do. I like the ones in the pictures above but the all seem to be square noses and flatter across the bow. Hard to even tell a couple of the r fiberglass hulls from the pics..

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES »

:) wrote:I thought of doing a emt and wrapping it. I don't think a single sheet on the bottom would fully do the job I'm wanting it to do. I like the ones in the pictures above but the all seem to be square noses and flatter across the bow. Hard to even tell a couple of the r fiberglass hulls from the pics..
GOTTA THINK ANYYTHING AN ALUM. 190 BOTTOM WILL TAKE THE RAKE WILL TAKE MORE JMO U=YOUR NOT ON IT ALL THE TIME LIKE A BOTTOM ID USE 190 ON IT AND U WOULD BE FINE ... I THINK
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

Return to “Airboat Tech”