NEED A MOTRSTAND BUILT

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
BLOWME SIDEWAYS
Southern Airboat Member

NEED A MOTRSTAND BUILT

Post by BLOWME SIDEWAYS »

I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE IN THE FT MYERS AREA TO BUILD MY MOTORSTAND FOR A 500 CADDY I HAVE ALL THE METAL FOR IT I CALLED AROUND AND ONLY GOT $500 QOUTES THERES GOTTA BE SOMEONE WHO CAN HOOK IT UP CHEAPER I DONT NEED SHOWBOAT LOOK JUST GOOD STRONG WELDS , IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT MESSAGE ME JUST DONT WANNA SPEND 500 ILL PAY FOR LESS ....THANKS

midnight rider
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: NEED A MOTRSTAND BUILT

Post by midnight rider »

500 bucks? I do believe I would jump on that. That's a good price.

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES »

if i had the time id do it for u man .. make the drive and bring it to chris at dakota in melbourne i no he will do it for a fair price
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

BLOWME SIDEWAYS
Southern Airboat Member

THANKS GUYS FOR THE HELP IM STILL LOOKING FOR PEOPLE CLOSE TO ME I JUST THOUGHT FOR
$500 WITH MY MATERIAL THATS STILL STEEP , BUT I APPRECIATE IT GUYS...

dusty burch
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dusty burch »

buy a welder and do it yourself if u think 500 is to much

John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Post by John Fenner »

dusty burch wrote:buy a welder and do it yourself if u think 500 is to much
Plus and engine crane some cinder blocks, a portable bandsaw/chopsaw, a 4" grinder and flapwheels, a pair of plumb bobs and a good set of levels. Plus the knowledge as to where all the stuff has to go and where the best attatch points are for the best strength while making it look like something built with pride.
Materials are cheap but knowing where to put them is key to a strong but not overbuilt stand.
I never finish anyth,,,.

midnight rider
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by midnight rider »

dusty burch wrote:

Plus and engine crane some cinder blocks, a portable bandsaw/chopsaw, a 4" grinder and flapwheels, a pair of plumb bobs and a good set of levels. Plus the knowledge as to where all the stuff has to go and where the best attatch points are for the best strength while making it look like something built with pride.
Materials are cheap but knowing where to put them is key to a strong but not overbuilt stand.
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:50 pm
:thumbleft:
Couldn't of said it better

76 degrees
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 76 degrees »

I'm in Lacke placid Fl,call me if your close 863-273-1749 I will help you out....
It’s not about how much Horsepower you have it’s about all the places it will take you!

BLOWME SIDEWAYS
Southern Airboat Member

ALL IM SAYING IS 500 IS STEEP FOR ((ME)) NOT SAYING ITS NOT WORTH IT BUT THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT

dusty burch
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dusty burch »

midnight rider wrote:dusty burch wrote:

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:50 pm
:thumbleft:
Couldn't of said it better
That is how I got started building boat about 15 yrs ago I got tired of trying to find some body to do it for me so I started building boats u live and learn take what u do this time and make it better next time and I probabally have 15000 worth of tools and jigs and all kind of tools most of people dont know how much work it takes to build a boat u can be proud of and take anywhere and still have a nice boat

Return to “Airboat Tech”