chinese LED lights

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
mascara
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Re: chinese LED lights

Post by mascara » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:59 pm

hebeyl wrote:I am not bashing, just reminding. Please keep your money here. :usa: :old_glory: :usa:.....

Yes, by all means, but you can increase your money, by leveraging on the the China chinese to
help you increase the pile.

Let the China chinese copy and imitate but only for the benefit of America and SA. It can be done.

It can and will only be a win win situation for everybody.

Gator Bait
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Gator Bait » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:53 pm

DAM that looks just like the one i bough from wicked lights only there's is 800 lum. and 3 times more money........... :oops: :rebel:
As I lay Grass in the Glades I pray the slide will go my way, But if the wind takes over instead I Pray the Lord Protect My SLED

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:21 pm

hell i was down in viera at petties meats and they have damn rabbit from china say's in bold letters farm raised from china !! :shock:
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

bbb
Southern Airboat Member

Post by bbb » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:01 pm

I'll admit, I bought 1....er actually 2. But that was before I read past the first post. Love to frog gig, so maybe this will be a decent alternative to a 100 watt corded headlamp.

If it's just cheap China junk, I'll give them to my 6yr old twins when they are in the backyard looking for the skunk ape.
2005 16' Dixon Twister with 35 Briggs

J.P.Lin
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by J.P.Lin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:09 pm

The chinese have 99 percent of the material used to make the LED lights.
Somedays your the bug and somedays your the windshield

Ruagatr
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Ruagatr » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:31 pm

I tried to warn people in the other thread to do an online search for much better deals than our wicked friends who burst on the scene recently.....

Maddog

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:57 pm

yep and I posted I had bought them then after they got here I posted again .. had to use them the other night in the storm working on my roof .. still haven't frogged with them but by golly they are bright ... I don't think they are junk at all ...
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Koolaid1972
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Koolaid1972 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:49 pm

But will you be able to return the light if something happens to the ones you buy on eBay. I bet not! wickedlights sell these lights and stand behind them if you have my issues with anything you buy from us we will take care of it. Try do do that with the china dealer. I understand that the lights might look like the same and it's hard for a local business to compete with the world wide web but we are trying so bash away we can handle it. Sorry for the hatters out there we are just trying to get a good or great product to the airboaters.
Last edited by Koolaid1972 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hogdoggin
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by hogdoggin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:49 pm

I bought 2 can't wait to get them. Now the wife and I won't have to try and tie a hog and hold a flashlight anymore. Thanks for posting the link cntry. :thumbleft:

mascara
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by mascara » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Perhaps, the next time i can organise a trip to the largest trade fair in china and you guys can buy all the lights you want and everything else that you like.

If the lights die on you just throw them away, because to get a refund + postage will cost much more. LED there are cheaper than postage and you can buy thousand and thousands of feet, and cut them up and use them for a life time and still have some to spare for sale!!!!!!

The trade fair is speaded over 2 weeks and has about 6000 outlets, so bring your walking shoes and wallet. You name it , they have it , even COFFINS for wholesale. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: serious!

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:31 pm

no problem with buying worldwide and selling local ... there are plenty of folks who never search the web for anything and they are your customers if you do search. Some folks are scared to buy over the web .. they are your customers.

I didnt bash you I dont hate you I dont know you ... but it wouldn't matter to me if I did ... I shop the web all the time .. I shared the info with my friends on here ... At the price of these lights I will just throw it away .. it is never worth the hassle to return and i usually do not buy extended warranties for the same reason.

I have been in the business of buying and selling for many years and not until I got to dealing in airboat parts did I end up with such narrow profit margins ... that is why there are no dealers for the airboat manufacturers to speak of .. there is no money in it.

I guess there is no money in LED headlights either .. if people shop the web ... You were trying to sell on the web ... so I searched for a brighter product and found one .. I also found out almost all the LEDS are made in china ... free shipping from china .. shipped same day I ordered it and got here when they said it would .. seemed like a good deal to me ..

If I could afford it I would have a whole airboat built in china .. they can build good stuff cheap or cheap stuff ridiculously cheap ... I would go with the good stuff myself. Maybe someday soon I will import a container full of hulls and rigging and maybe engines and gearboxes ... never know ...
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:31 am

A LOT of the reason for whats going on in the airboat market is a result of a time when most if not all airboats were owner built. Even today there is a fair bunch opf us that just cant buy one or wont buy one but will build one. As time moves on it wont be much longer and Airboats will be as bad as cars for folks owning and running them that know nothing about them. Its a trend and it will continue. From a purists standpoint its sad, but from a marketing or business point of view, that day can't get here soon enough I guess.

As for THIS thread I have never even considered BUYING a froggin light. Heck a single trip to home depot and a stop by Autozone and I can have one made in just a couple hours. Its even easier if you find some used parts etc.. I would have never even considered buying an LED for one but at the same time I would never consider buying an aircraft landing light for one either.

When airboating began to become a business, even the hull builders were still owners and airboaters so they sold at a narrow margin just to help out other airboaters. Now days folks are actually trying to make a living for themself and several employes off of airboating. The small one at a time guy is mostly gone. Still a very few around but wont be long and that will end as well.

At the price point of a ready to go airboat the self builder is fading and all that will be left are customers with dollars and good paying jobs. The guy that makes just enough to live on is pretty much out of the airboating world these days and I see no way for him to come back.

My point to all of this is that we can make items just as inexpensively right here as anyone else can, but there is no profit in it. So to remain a viable advertising business builders MUST raise their price to the point they can make a living off of it for them and their employees. Its the same thing in China, the man who builds the boat likely can't afford one for himself.

Just like Detroit Iron. How can man making $25 an hour buy a car built my a man making $50 an hour. of course here we can blame the unions and their lobbying and their EPA and Green Groups for all that. The only way a common man can own a new car now is to buy it on time and pay huge interest rates for years to come. The world has gone completely insane ! We have brought this crap on ourselves. LOL
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

mascara
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by mascara » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:30 am

Hey, Whitebear,

Why is it that you always summarises everything in one passage when it takes 50 to 60 postings to come to the same summary!!!! :lol: :lol: :oops:

Yes, it is true, but given the world it is now,when everybody wants to be a CEO and COO,etc.........it is inevitable that the pocket money that one makes from say...building a AB has to be jusitfiable in terms of hours spent.

Because things are made so inexpensively in China,it has created a new culture of buy and throw. It is certainly prevalent here and
almost everywhere else. and it is precisely this culture that has propell China to the top of the world, or before i get bashed, :lol:
second to the USA that manufacturers try and outdo each other to give people a reason to buy, be it a faster engine , a lighter battery, or even a higher lumen LED for lesser price.

Personally i wished for a really good financial shakeup to bring everything back to the basics, America has out price itself on many fronts and has just shown the world the infighting in senate, in presedential elections .......and has simply forgotten what made America GREAT, if the not the BEST country in the world !!!!

Make use of the capabilities that China has i.e. low labour cost, raw materials cost,.......and leverage on this to create better and newer inventions that the chinese can only imitate and copy, let them copy, but America will always hold first right to these and by the time it is copied, a newer version has appeared.

Just like NIKE shoes, to keep the chinese off their back in their mega factory in Shenzen, China, Nike designer designs and comes out with new shoes 1 year in advance even before the current model is launched, the copy cats cannot copy fast enough even to breathe, :lol: :lol:

What i am really worried about is to see America going the way of Kodak, once a household name in imaging , is now bankrupt and has to sell their precious patents to survive......it will happen, if America continues the way it is now.......

LONG LIVE AMERICA :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory: :old_glory:

JB550
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by JB550 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:34 am

Whitebear wrote:A LOT of the reason for whats going on in the airboat market is a result of a time when most if not all airboats were owner built. Even today there is a fair bunch opf us that just cant buy one or wont buy one but will build one. As time moves on it wont be much longer and Airboats will be as bad as cars for folks owning and running them that know nothing about them. Its a trend and it will continue. From a purists standpoint its sad, but from a marketing or business point of view, that day can't get here soon enough I guess.

As for THIS thread I have never even considered BUYING a froggin light. Heck a single trip to home depot and a stop by Autozone and I can have one made in just a couple hours. Its even easier if you find some used parts etc.. I would have never even considered buying an LED for one but at the same time I would never consider buying an aircraft landing light for one either.

When airboating began to become a business, even the hull builders were still owners and airboaters so they sold at a narrow margin just to help out other airboaters. Now days folks are actually trying to make a living for themself and several employes off of airboating. The small one at a time guy is mostly gone. Still a very few around but wont be long and that will end as well.

At the price point of a ready to go airboat the self builder is fading and all that will be left are customers with dollars and good paying jobs. The guy that makes just enough to live on is pretty much out of the airboating world these days and I see no way for him to come back.

My point to all of this is that we can make items just as inexpensively right here as anyone else can, but there is no profit in it. So to remain a viable advertising business builders MUST raise their price to the point they can make a living off of it for them and their employees. Its the same thing in China, the man who builds the boat likely can't afford one for himself.

Just like Detroit Iron. How can man making $25 an hour buy a car built my a man making $50 an hour. of course here we can blame the unions and their lobbying and their EPA and Green Groups for all that. The only way a common man can own a new car now is to buy it on time and pay huge interest rates for years to come. The world has gone completely insane ! We have brought this crap on ourselves. LOL
That all sounds real good, but I bet you didnt build that harley you ride :shock:

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:42 am

No, I didn't buy a new bike simply because they are not worth what the going price is, and what millions of people are willing to pay for them. I bought a used but like new bike from an old guy who was scared of it and parked it in his carport and never started it again. Sold it to me mostly just to get it out of there. It did take some cleanup and tinkering to get it back into shape. Actually its not a Harley though it looks like it. Its a Metric bike. Still a V-twin that looks like a Harley but its shaft drive and silky smooth and eats Harleys for breakfast. Motorcycles is the one thing I can think of where American technology has been far out paced by the Japs. However, when they were introduced they were a huge cost saving back in the 60s and now they are just as pricy as any other bike.

I know the world is not a static place but the only things that change are the ones WE LET CHANGE. We allow that change by the use of our pocket books. Nobody would bother making anything overseas if we didn't buy it. Well not really, but they couldn't sell here if we didn't buy it. Anyway, my line of thinking will pass with me and the world will be something else. I guess folks will ultimately get what they deserve. Someone one said its a good thing we don't live longer than we do cause we would go insane. I think they were right. I'm about half nuts already ! LOL
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry

directLEDguy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by directLEDguy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Just a couple facts on LED Lights/ Headlamps. And Our distributor Wicked Lights, the 1600lm Cree headlamps on Amazon or ebay for 25-30 bucks is " China made Cree Chips"80% of their production use moved there in 2008, 7 watt, and by no means put out 228lms per watt. just fact. The Cree USA made chips are at 120lms per watt which is one of the HIGHEST Quality LED Chips made, That is what we GreenCo Light & Power Inc. use in the BIG DOG 800lm headlamp sold by Wicked Lights. USA Chip, USA assembled , USA packaged, USA sold and stocked, so 65.00 - 80.00 is a good price for the overall quality and life spand of 800lm without FADE or MONEY BACK! Also Wicked and GreenCo has donated products and give these lamps to Airboat Show Give aways, free residential lights to Habitat for Humanity, Police, firefighters, Boy Scotts and more. So as a local business the Owners of Wicked do a hell of a job for your Airboat community and the local Osceola County community! So yes buy US. Buy Quality over knock offs, buy local , Help your own communties. Thank you for reading, view our web site and see your self www.greencolightandpower.com. Again, thank you for your support and business. Just ask if anyone needs any additional assistance or support for any cause you support.

GreenCo light & Power Inc.USA :old_glory: :proud:

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:36 pm

directLEDguy wrote:Just a couple facts on LED Lights/ Headlamps. And Our distributor Wicked Lights, the 1600lm Cree headlamps on Amazon or ebay for 25-30 bucks is " China made Cree Chips"80% of their production use moved there in 2008, 7 watt, and by no means put out 228lms per watt. just fact. The Cree USA made chips are at 120lms per watt which is one of the HIGHEST Quality LED Chips made, That is what we GreenCo Light & Power Inc. use in the BIG DOG 800lm headlamp sold by Wicked Lights. USA Chip, USA assembled , USA packaged, USA sold and stocked, so 65.00 - 80.00 is a good price for the overall quality and life spand of 800lm without FADE or MONEY BACK! Also Wicked and GreenCo has donated products and give these lamps to Airboat Show Give aways, free residential lights to Habitat for Humanity, Police, firefighters, Boy Scotts and more. So as a local business the Owners of Wicked do a hell of a job for your Airboat community and the local Osceola County community! So yes buy US. Buy Quality over knock offs, buy local , Help your own communties. Thank you for reading, view our web site and see your self http://www.greencolightandpower.com. Again, thank you for your support and business. Just ask if anyone needs any additional assistance or support for any cause you support.

GreenCo light & Power Inc.USA :old_glory: :proud:
Well now you can go ahead and cough up some site support and you might actually get somewhere around here.

directLEDguy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by directLEDguy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 pm

What support would you like to see ? We are happy to help in anyway . Could you lend suggestion please? Would you like donations? Cash, Products, Thank you :proud: :old_glory:

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:56 pm

There is never a bad time to help Support Southern Airboat. Site support is what keeps the light on at S.A.. This place don't run for free. When Site Support has been slow in the past Rick has forked out the cash from his own pocket. He shouldn't have to do that, considering we have over 16,000 members but I guess most would rather see the struggle to keep it up and running.

Scroll this page to the bottom then at the extreme bottom right click on Support Southern Airboat in the blue. It will tell ya how and let you decide how much. It is ALWAYS appreciated.

gblack15
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gblack15 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:13 pm

How about a special deal on those Big Dog Head Lamps for the SA boys.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Now excuse me for picking the white out of the chicken crap .. BUT I just went to your site and looked it over pretty good. Now I could have missed it but not one place on there did it say anything at all about being made with AMERICAN products. I could have missed it but if my product was totally AMERICAN made and I was selling to a bunch of AMERICANS I certainly would proudly have a MADE IN AMERICA from AMERICAN PARTS logo right out front ... but i didn't see one. Simply assembled in AMERICA isn't gonna cut it .. but if what you say is true ... then why is it not PROUDLY PROCLAIMED on your website ???? because being made in AMERICA with AMERICAN parts would put you at a cost disadvantage but could be offset by stating that fact when selling ... usin rednecks likes MADE in AMERICA ... but don't be triffling with us if it aint so .... just sayin ... give us the honest true facts .. we can handle it

directLEDguy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by directLEDguy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:53 pm

:proud: :old_glory: Hey cntry141iq , Excuse you would be correct sir. Proudly Mgf. in USA, and Proundly Mfg. and Assembled in USA is one the first 3 pages and also on each product page! only about a 2' x 2' banner at the base of each page sir. Please read again! My factory is in Org. 8000sq.ft. and a facility in S.Florida along with offices in Davie, Miami, St. Cloud. We also hire 100% Vets, and anyone one unemployment for over 99wks.
Is there anything else that would make you happy sir.?
wHoever asked for a discount for SA members you got it! I will also offer you a discount on the NEW red or green headlaps for Gator or Boar hunting, is 20% fair? Will also offer discount on strip lights and Flood Lights!

directLEDguy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by directLEDguy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:03 pm

We have also approved a program for Wicked Lights and GreenCo to become a site supporters with a donation starting in July 1st 2012.

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by cflacowboy001 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Simply said , TOO MUCH MONEY ! American made or NOT !

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:10 pm

not really ... if it makes you happy to have it at the bottom of the page after I had clicked off into the products description ... it makes me happy .. wicked lights site doesn't have it at all on any page ...

I couldn't scale the 2' by 2' I certainly see no point in bashing ... you may be and use american made parts but your partners may not .. your headlight isn't even listed on one of them .. just chinese lights ..

but its all good as far as I am concerned .. I like fortune cookies .. LOL lighten up geez ... you come in like a 900lb gorilla in a mirror shop .. best of luck to you ..

Return to “Airboat Tech”