CARBON FIBER RUDDERS ARE AVAILABLE!!!!

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
B-White
Southern Airboat Member

CARBON FIBER RUDDERS ARE AVAILABLE!!!!

Post by B-White » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:18 pm

As some of you know,,I've been working with a company on getting FULLY CARBON rudders designed and built. The project is complete. They are available in 3' and 4' sizes. Both are hollow designed with internal ribs with a allum tube down the center.The 3' have 1 rib in the center. The 4' are designed with 2 ribs spaced out evenally in the center. The 3' rudders only weigh 5lbs each. The 4' will weigh in just a shade more.
The cool thing with these are that they will not ever ding or bend. They come already with the carbon print showing. You will not find a blimmish in them. No need in spending money on getting them pollished,painted or even wrapped. I know that some of the hollow alum rudders are close in weight,but i've owned a couple sets of them,they tend to crack along the edges. These will not. They come with a warranty against any manufactures deffect. 100% replacement,,,,not re-welded burning your paint,polish or wrap!
The bottom tab that your stearing hooks to is replacable. If for some reason you want to change to another boat or set-up,you can change that tab for a longer one to change your stearing ratio. It is easily done.
I have been running them for the past month with no problems. They have been on our ProMod boat with some pretty high speed passes. They've stood up to Nitrous passes also with no problems with handeling.
These things are just Bad AZZ!!!!

The 3' rudders are $910
The 4' rudders are $935
PM me or call me anytime after 3pm (i work nights) with any questions.
I have a set on our race boat available to check out for anyone interested in Lochloosa.(2 mins from Jimmy Whites shop). I should also have a set of 3' and 4' available for purchase with in 2 wks. We will have the race boat at the benefit for Scorpion Airboats at Burnt Island on the 28th also if you want to check them out there.
Devil in the Bottle 83 ProMod
Marsh Master Step
Carbon Fiber Rudders by:HAMMERHEAD AVIATION.com
Prop is NOTHING BUT A WHIRLWIND!!!
RAZORX

bondsman
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: CARBON FIBER RUDDERS ARE AVAILABLE!!!!

Post by bondsman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Don't take this the wrong way and not trying to be a dick. But do you really think there will be a market demand for them at a 1000 per set. When that is 60% more than the aluminum set will cost .
If life looks hairy in front of you! Shave it and put a condom on.

B-White
Southern Airboat Member

Post by B-White » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Sorry,,forgot to leave my #,,,,(352)234-7396
Marsh Master Step
RAZORX

B-White
Southern Airboat Member

Post by B-White » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:16 pm

bondsman wrote:Don't take this the wrong way and not trying to be a dick. But do you really think there will be a market demand for them at a 1000 per set. When that is 60% more than the aluminum set will cost .
Not taken the wrong way at all. But to be honest,,,that's the same thing I heard my dad say 20 yrs ago about carbon props,,now he owns one,,,,that's also what I said about 20" rims,,,now I own some,,,to answer your question,,,their is amarket for anything,,,hell they sell bottled water,,lol. No,,everyone is not gonna want them or think their a good idea. I myself own a set and LOVE them. 25 yrs ago,who would of thought you would see a metal flake airboat? Or even a carbon fiber hull,,,,there everywhere now,,lol. I don't think they will take over the airboat world but neither has cadillac motors,,,but some will have to have them..
Marsh Master Step
RAZORX

DWEST
Southern Airboat Member

Post by DWEST » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:28 pm

B-White wrote:
bondsman wrote:Don't take this the wrong way and not trying to be a dick. But do you really think there will be a market demand for them at a 1000 per set. When that is 60% more than the aluminum set will cost .
Not taken the wrong way at all. But to be honest,,,that's the same thing I heard my dad say 20 yrs ago about carbon props,,now he owns one,,,,that's also what I said about 20" rims,,,now I own some,,,to answer your question,,,their is amarket for anything,,,hell they sell bottled water,,lol. No,,everyone is not gonna want them or think their a good idea. I myself own a set and LOVE them. 25 yrs ago,who would of thought you would see a metal flake airboat? Or even a carbon fiber hull,,,,there everywhere now,,lol. I don't think they will take over the airboat world but neither has cadillac motors,,,but some will have to have them..
well said!
Duct tape and Tie-wire

swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member

Post by swampdragster » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:25 pm

I like them...I have had every kind u can think of, the alum. air foyl type that I mostly use seem to get a lot of cracks and I end up tig welding them up from time to time. one day I will have some :thumbleft:
UNLIMITED SWAMPDRAGSTER DRIVER
QUICK SLICK on every dang thing!!!!

Bubba
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Bubba » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:17 pm

I would like some too. Do you take payments lol ???
FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER

B-White
Southern Airboat Member

Post by B-White » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Bubba wrote:I would like some too. Do you take payments lol ???
After the NARA race in Oct,,,,we might work something out,,,these are the only advantage I have on you right now,,lol
Marsh Master Step
RAZORX

bondsman
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by bondsman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:15 pm

B-White wrote:

Those are good points. I keep forgetting we are in the age of money air boaters.if I could spend big money on a boat I would love those rudders. If you are gonna build your best boat might as well use the best parts. Thanks for being an innovator. :thumbleft:
If life looks hairy in front of you! Shave it and put a condom on.

B-White
Southern Airboat Member

Post by B-White » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:33 pm

bondsman wrote:
B-White wrote:

Those are good points. I keep forgetting we are in the age of money air boaters.if I could spend big money on a boat I would love those rudders. If you are gonna build your best boat might as well use the best parts. Thanks for being an innovator. :thumbleft:
Hey,,,I remember the very day I drove down to Inverness to pick up a new set of rudders from Dave Stratton. When I got their he told me they went from 240 to 260,,,I about flipped! But on my way home while looking at them in the pass seat of my truck,I thought to myself, who in their right mind pays that for a set of rudders???..lol...the next 3 sets I bought from him,,I b!#$@ed and complained,,,smiling all the way home...that man did BEAUTIFUL work...
Marsh Master Step
RAZORX

aherr520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by aherr520 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:14 pm

what is the weight of the 4' rudders?
aaof member

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by cflacowboy001 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:24 pm

WOW :shock: the ECONOMY must be coming back 40,000 to 80,000+ airboats now 1,000 dollar rudders dang ...... good luck to ya !

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:30 pm

WILL THEY HELP MY BOAT RUN DRY :wink:
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

B-White
Southern Airboat Member

Post by B-White » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 pm

JAMES wrote:WILL THEY HELP MY BOAT RUN DRY :wink:
Their ONLY carbon fiber rudders,,,,their not prayers sent down from heaven!!
Marsh Master Step
RAZORX

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:07 pm

B-White wrote:
JAMES wrote:WILL THEY HELP MY BOAT RUN DRY :wink:
Their ONLY carbon fiber rudders,,,,their not prayers sent down from heaven!!
lmfao
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

dantheairboatman
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by dantheairboatman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:51 pm

great product! it will sale just fine 8) just more cool junk for our airboats :)
Ox Box. Billet gear reductions and clutch systems
Sensenich propellers dealer.
Airboat consulting.
Dan@352 812 2239

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 am

PICTURES :?: :?: :?: COngrats for getting somthing new, :cheers: :cheers:
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com

http://krvsa.com/product/airboat-raffle-tickets/

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

GeeLeDouche
Southern Airboat Member

Post by GeeLeDouche » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:46 am

They sound awesome! I'd like to see some pictures as well. Great idea and great job on putting the idea into motion and being an innovator. :)
16x8 Utah style hull With a Waterthunder motor W/ 2.3 CH3 reduction swinging a 3 blade 78" R.
&
17-51 Legend craft w/pods pushed by a MB HD7000

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:49 am

B-White wrote:Hey,,,I remember the very day I drove down to Inverness to pick up a new set of rudders from Dave Stratton. When I got their he told me they went from 240 to 260,,,I about flipped! But on my way home while looking at them in the pass seat of my truck,I thought to myself, who in their right mind pays that for a set of rudders???..lol...the next 3 sets I bought from him,,I b!#$@ed and complained,,,smiling all the way home...that man did BEAUTIFUL work...
I couldn't agree more brother White. I had the last boat Dave Stratton ever rigged, and he was one of the finest fabricators that ever struck an arc. He was so good that the trailing edge of his rudders was a perfect welded bead down the back of those two edges of aluminum sheet ..... no rivets required.

While he was still building my boat he called me up one morning and asked me if it'd be OK if he built 12 sets of rudders for Mark Robicheaux, the boat builder over in Louisiana. He said it would put my job back about a week but that he could make some good money on that order, and he wanted to know if it would be alright with me. Well of course it was (I wasn't in any hurry) but that's the kind of guy he was.
Robicheaux sent a guy in a van over when they were done, loaded all 12 sets in the back of it, and hauled them back to LA to put on their boats. Dave Stratton was a master craftsman, and one helluva good guy besides.

Congratulations on your new CF rudders! They'll be a fine addition to what's available out there.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

B-White
Southern Airboat Member

Post by B-White » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:53 pm

HuntingBigun wrote:PICTURES :?: :?: :?: COngrats for getting somthing new, :cheers: :cheers:
Bigun,,,,I will have some pictures up soon. For anyone interseted,,google HAMMERHEAD Aiation. Go to their website and check out their work. They build everything from race car hoods,prop nose cones, High Pro wing tips, to Airplane instrument panels. These guys are not your shade tree Carbon fiber guys.
Marsh Master Step
RAZORX

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Give HuntingBigun a set, he will do a test then we all will want a set!!

Saltgrass Retrievers
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Saltgrass Retrievers » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Is there any real advantge to these or is just for looks?

Airboatcapt2
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Airboatcapt2 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:46 pm

I am interested in buying some. Need a picture to see if it will even work for us. Please e-mail me a picture. airboatcapt2@aol.com
Will 5' be available?
Faron Floyd
American Airboat Corp
Orange, Texas
www.americanairboats.com
409-920-0716 Cell
Airboatcapt2@aol.com

B-White
Southern Airboat Member

Post by B-White » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Last edited by B-White on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Marsh Master Step
RAZORX

cuban cracker
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cuban cracker » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Here you go.

I took the RED PILL and am staying in wonderland to see how deep the rabbit hole goes!

And boy is it deep!

Return to “Airboat Tech”