Bluetooth Engine Diagnostics, Dyno, MPG on your phone!

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Bluetooth Engine Diagnostics, Dyno, MPG on your phone!

Post by scottyroll »

Hello SA; it's been a while since I've posted cause I had to sell my boat to finish school and get my certificate in Logistics. But I've still been doing a lot of reading on here...just ask my professors :lol: . But I'm in the process of building a new boat and in my quest for Idea's I wanted to share something that I thought fellow airboat enthusiast might enjoy. From what I gather this device (with link attached below) will allow you to view your engines parameters thru the OBDII port if it is one of those newer engines with fuel injection I presume. Check it out, it looks like a cool idea to me as it could clean up the dashes of some boats as well as allow the user to view all pertinent engine data from there phone.

http://www.amazon.com/PLX-Devices-Kiwi- ... B004B0C1NE

Or Google: KIWI bluetooth device
:Scotty-Roll:
FLAwless

1999 14ft Alumitech deckover. ZZ502. 2.37 Stinger. 4 blade WW Falcon Prop
Bagman
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Bluetooth Engine Diagnostics, Dyno, MPG on your phone!

Post by Bagman »

Been using the Torque app on my phone with a cheap ebay obd2 bluetooth adapter on new motor. Works very well and you can datalog etc. Then email it to youself. Only issue i have with it is there is no PID for a 2 bar map for my motor so i cant read and datalog boost. Everything else though is spot on.
14 x 7' 10" DynaMarine Velocity, 2.5 Ballistic gear drive, Supercharged LS, 3 blade NGR
Whiplash Performance Marine
scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by scottyroll »

Bagman, Thanks for sharing your experience with this technology. More than likely i will plan on going supercharger as well but the low tech way first. I'd love to see your setup if I ever find my self over your way man. Thanks again!
:Scotty-Roll:
FLAwless

1999 14ft Alumitech deckover. ZZ502. 2.37 Stinger. 4 blade WW Falcon Prop
PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by PeaRiverOpossum »

Thanks for sharing! It is nice to finally see some useful and pertinent info come though the forum. I am definitely going to look into this. I am over here in Tally just West of you. If you ever want to come over and ride just give me a holler.

Return to “Airboat Tech”