Tony480 how do you like this rigging?

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Tony480 how do you like this rigging?

Post by cflacowboy001 »

GET YA HURT OR WORSE..... DEAD !

DDSBC
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by DDSBC »

Nobody knows if the seller built it. Nobody knows if it's old or not. Nobody knows if the actual builder was making due cause that's all he could afford or if he just ghetto rigs things. Nobody knows if everyone that thinks it's ugly can or can't build a better one. And nobody knows if everyone that says they like it actual could build one either. Only thing I know is that it's been for sale for a VERY long time for $6500 so apparently nobody in South Florida thinks it's so hot, and in my personal opinion is a pretty ugly boat. I'm just shocked at how many people like it and guess that I must have just helped the guy find a buyer with all this positive feedback his boat's getting :)
Micah Smith

BCAHCC, KRVSA and lifetime NRA member
12x7 Diamondback w/ rivited on poly, double rear driver double front passenger, full cage, 285 hp IO-520 swingin a 74" Whirl Wind Whisper Tip.

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! THANK GOD I'M NOT THE BEHOLDER!!!

dick2256
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dick2256 »

would you rather have this one?
Attachments
Imageairbot.jpg
Imageairbot.jpg (55.49 KiB) Viewed 1523 times

todd glover
Southern Airboat Member

Post by todd glover »

[quote="DDSBC"]Nobody knows if the seller built it. Nobody knows if it's old or not. Nobody knows if the actual builder was making due cause that's all he could afford or if he just ghetto rigs things. Nobody knows if everyone that thinks it's ugly can or can't build a better one. And nobody knows if everyone that says they like it actual could build one either. Only thing I know is that it's been for sale for a VERY long time for $6500 so apparently nobody in South Florida thinks it's so hot, and in my personal opinion is a pretty ugly boat. I'm just shocked at how many people like it and guess that I must have just helped the guy find a buyer with all this positive feedback his boat's getting :)[/quote]
True

DDSBC
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by DDSBC »

PoorboysAirboats wrote:DDSBC I wish I would've had these photos to go by when I built anvils. Maybe I wouldn't have to worry everyday of him hurting himself on that death trap I threw together. Lmao
Lmao :lol:
Micah Smith

12x7 Diamondback w/ rivited on poly, double rear driver double front passenger, full cage, 285 hp IO-520 swingin a 74" Whirl Wind Whisper Tip.

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Prototype »

PoorboysAirboats wrote:DDSBC I wish I would've had these photos to go by when I built anvils. Maybe I wouldn't have to worry everyday of him hurting himself on that death trap I threw together. Lmao

WOW!

Your really a builder posting that? Dam your insurance must be out of this world with that kind of post?

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker »

JB550 wrote:yeah bear if you love the way that was built you should install a lawn chair on your Harley
It's not a Harley, it's a Sportster right :lol:
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Al David / stroked LS

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker »

Poorboys, lets be real. I understand that support had to be added to anvils cage? So clearly it wasn't right or safe right? Correct me if I'm wrong!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Al David / stroked LS

PoorboysAirboats
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by PoorboysAirboats »

My opinion is that it did not need it. It is braced right behind the gearbox. I've ran several and seen several ran the same way I built his but clearly everyone has different opinions! One thing is for sure and that is anvil is one happy customer!
William Sikes
Poorboy's Performance Airboats
352-356-9057
http://www.poorboysperformanceairboats.com
Poorboysperformanceairboats@yahoo.com

PoorboysAirboats
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Prototype I'm 100% sure of what I do
William Sikes
352-356-9057

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Prototype »

PoorboysAirboats wrote:Prototype I'm 100% sure of what I do
Time will tell for my commercial buck? On My End?

Fly one and you will realize my critiszm!

PoorboysAirboats
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Prototype what do you consider commercial. I mean my family are commercial fisherman that fish year around on these airboats. 30-40 a week on our boats.
William Sikes
352-356-9057

PoorboysAirboats
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Everything has a breaking point! At what point that is at...who knows!
William Sikes
352-356-9057

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Prototype »

PoorboysAirboats wrote:Prototype what do you consider commercial. I mean my family are commercial fisherman that fish year around on these airboats. 30-40 a week on our boats.
That's cool? You posting for them? I consider my paycheck as commercial usage but I can't build boats and still make a living using them!

Please have any user of your commercial rigs post up? You know, people that actually make a living of using your rigs!

PoorboysAirboats
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Prototype these people are not a member of SA but what can tell you is that the people who know me or been by the shop,knows that we do commercial fish daily. So if you are ever in or around Steinhatchee look me up and we will go out and do a little of it together or just enjoy a boat ride.
William Sikes
352-356-9057

Cutler
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cutler »

My guess is that all of you talking crap about this boat grew up with money, when you are poor you have to do what you have to do. I guarantee this guy has more fun on his boat than you do on yours. And he don't have to worry about getting a scratch on it.

dougeey
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by dougeey »

Cutler wrote:My guess is that all of you talking crap about this boat grew up with money, when you are poor you have to do what you have to do. I guarantee this guy has more fun on his boat than you do on yours. And he don't have to worry about getting a scratch on it.
X2 it ia easy to make fun of someone till you have walk in his shoes!!!!!!!!!

swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member

Post by swampdragster »

I've had a few cream puffs ..I had an old deck over with handicap signs patching the holes in the sides . A/V 470 would use 6 quarts of oil per 20 gallons of gas .I had more fun with that old POS than any other boat I've ever had .
UNLIMITED SWAMPDRAGSTER DRIVER
QUICK SLICK on every dang thing!!!!

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Scarecrow »

I think it might be referred to as living within your means. :dontknow: :rebel:

SwampCritter84
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by SwampCritter84 »

I tell ya what, yall are the first to jump on someones case about someone giving there opinion on another thread about a rigging, but when somebody goes back and takes his advice you aint the first to say hey, maybe you were right tony, THANKS!!!. If yall knew tony personally i garauntee you wouldnt give him the sh!t you think he deserves. He stated an opinion and guess what? they went ahead and added the supports. nobody that i have seen has givin him any credit. this is a forumn and people state their opinions. Maybe poorboy builds them like that all the time. but if your talking about the kind of numbers anvil is pushing its only a matter of time before it crumbles. like poorboy said everything has a breaking point, just like everybody has their time to go but why instigate it to be sooner than later. I had the most fun on my first boat i ever had. Learned alot on that hunk a junk but that boat got me to the river. That was back then when there wasnt as much traffic. now days its better just be safe than sorry... and tony must have been right.
Cast Iron Corruption on its way

SwampCritter84
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by SwampCritter84 »

And my mistake, I did see that anvil apologized to tony and said thanks I the other thread.
Cast Iron Corruption on its way

mscott
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mscott »

I've seen this before. Like a pack of hyenas at the kill. Don't take long before they start turning on each other. Glad everyone is back to normal.

bruceharwell
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bruceharwell »

WHERE is JAMES? :shock:

DDSBC
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by DDSBC »

Lol I have no beef with Tony and just thought with how much he dishes out he would be able to take it and would find this funny. Either he hasn't seen it or it just ain't funny to him and either way that's fine still no problem. As far as the boat goes some people are incorrectly assuming that I or others that find this boat funny or ugly must have been rich kids. Definetly not true in my case. Some also have assumed that those that find it ugly must not be able to build one themselves. I've helped my dad build his second boat and never tried to build my own HomeDepot boat so not sure how it would turn out. Also assuming people are makin fun of the builder but honestly I don't know him or even know if the owner/seller is the builder. I guess if I bought it I'd have all the respect of everyone on here for living within my means, doing it old school, building it with my own two hands Blah blah blah and everyone would be wrong because I would actually have just bought an overpriced ugly DD. I just know that to me, personally, that boat is one ugly duck and anybody who thinks I'm wrong an wants to snatch up a great deal can do so but it still seems to be for sale so.....
Micah Smith

Return to “Airboat Tech”