Hull builders

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
BluByU2
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Hull builders

Post by BluByU2 »

I was wondering if anyone has compiled a list of all of the airboat hull manufacturers along with their contact information?

Southern Airboat would be an awesome place for shoppers to come, and peruse the different hulls available on the market today. The "Airboat Directory" would be a good place to list these builders or maybe in the "Classifieds" under "New Hulls." All types of hulls could be listed, but I'm mainly talking about fiberglass hulls since those who produce aluminum hulls also build complete airboats.

It's difficult (or impossible), and at the very least time consuming trying to find the different manufacturers such as Cottonmouth, Rivermaster, Laser, Big O, and some of the older designs like Gore, Gilleo, and Apache. I know molds are bought and sold all the time, but it would be nice to be able to go to one place to find a list of all of the current builders.

Jimmy White has his own site, and I've seen Predator photos listed here, but contact information is not readily available. Is this doable, or am I just asking for too much? :dontknow:

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Hull builders

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 »

The builders are really missing out on this by not getting their info out to the end users. Buying a glass hull is like an Easter Egg Hunt. Maybe we should build a mold and start making our own hulls ?

happy harold
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by happy harold »

know where one is--not being used.

cowtown
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cowtown »

use the Directory at the top right ,
http://usfth.tripod.com

And Proud Of It !!!

BluByU2
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BluByU2 »

I have used the directory, and it is helpful, but it doesn't include all of the builders. Where is Cottonmouth or Rivermaster, or some of the other style hulls? I just wish these builders would list their products so more people would have access to their contact information. That's all I'm asking.

gatorsjch
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gatorsjch »

just got a big O a few weeks ago numbers 8634410872

BluByU2
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BluByU2 »

Thanks.

JT540
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by JT540 »

rivermaster was bought out buy ridge runner in okeechobee
"THE MORE I LEARN ABOUT WOMEN THE MORE I LOVE MY AIRBOAT"

Striker543
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Striker543 »

Haven't seen the Ridge Runner shop open in at least a year now. Anyone know if they're closed for good?

BluByU2
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BluByU2 »

Thanks guys...I just learned that Marty Branch is making the Rivermaster hulls up in Live Oak, and Bobby Jones, Jr. is making the Predator hulls in Haines City. I'm guessing Bobby Sr. is still making Cottonmouth. I'm getting a list together so friends will have an idea of who is making what.

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

JIMMY WHITE IN LOCHLOOSA!

BluByU2
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BluByU2 »

Thanks Hammerhead, and yep, I know about Jimmy because I'm running one of his hulls. All of this input is helpful to those who are just getting started, and wants to see what the market has to offer in new fiberglass hulls. I know Jimmy has a website, but I don't think any of the other fiberglass hull builders do, so all of this information is appreciated.

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

I tend to agree that the Airboat Directory should have a better format that includes info about all airboat related businesses whether they have a website or not.

Gonna think about this & try to come up with something better in the near future...thanks for the feedback.

Rick

Shutch
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Shutch »

Marty Bray is the man's name that is building hulls in Live Oak. He builds Rivermaster Hulls & they are hand laid hulls no chop gun. He does very good work !!

BluByU2
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BluByU2 »

We're going to drive up, and meet with Marty Bray on Wednesday. A friend is interested in the two 15' models he builds.

Cowboy Rock
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Cowboy Rock »

I want one of Hammerheads hulls,,, A 14 ft x 8 Ft when he builds on,,, And if I ever have enough money to buy it,,,

Cowboy r
Wet Dreams Too,,,

14 ft. Panther,,, 370ci SBC, 72 in Whirlwind Whispertip, Line-X-350 X bottom,,,

"Full bloodied Dog hunting man"

Dry Branch, Ga.

Thats how I roll,,,

adrian-wales
Southern Airboat Member

Post by adrian-wales »

Hi all. New to this site and live in UK so there are no airboaters around in UK. There was one for sale on UK e-bay but mist it.
Looking to build my own. Do anyone have info on mig welding aluminium. Have a Butters mig should have power to weld but need info on how you would do the actual weld. Just can not find info in UK.
Also are there any airboats that use fans rather than props.
In UK we have to keep noise down. So thinking of using a fan and duct. A cage prop airboat will not go down to well in the UK.
Well that's all hope someone is able to help.

Return to “Airboat Tech”