war daddy hulls

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
gatorsh1
Southern Airboat Member

war daddy hulls

Post by gatorsh1 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:08 am

I'm looking to buy a new deck over I've been lookin at those war daddy hulls does any one gave any info on them are they good hulls... I'd really like a Benny Webb but can't afford it and I'm not wasting my money on a scorpion I know to many people in the last couple yrs that ordered brand new hulls the come out twisted porpiising like crazy or leak like a spaghetti strainer. I'd app any info

slow ride $$$
Southern Airboat Member

Re: war daddy hulls

Post by slow ride $$$ » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:23 pm

great hulls had a dozen ,never had any issues and a good boat for the money for sure

Tropical Itch
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Tropical Itch » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:14 pm

order both. that way you'll have something to drive while Benny builds you one.... he is back ordered a bit

contagious
Southern Airboat Member

Post by contagious » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Good hulls. Had a couple. might want to check out al david at performance airboats. He builds some badass hulls and the turn around time is great. :thumbleft:

BDH
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by BDH » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:21 am

What size and what are looking to do with it?
There are a lot of great builders.
That might help narrow it down.
But in general War Daddy=Great boat
You can ignore the facts but you CAN NOT ignore the consequences you get from ignoring the facts!

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:23 am

slow ride $$$ wrote:great hulls had a dozen ,never had any issues and a good boat for the money for sure
If you have had a dozen, it doesn't sound like you have had them long enough to have problems. Also sounds like you weren't happy with them.

slow ride $$$
Southern Airboat Member

Post by slow ride $$$ » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:16 am

in case your interested i have had airboats for 35 years

contagious
Southern Airboat Member

Post by contagious » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:02 am

Gary S wrote:
slow ride $$$ wrote:great hulls had a dozen ,never had any issues and a good boat for the money for sure
If you have had a dozen, it doesn't sound like you have had them long enough to have problems. Also sounds like you weren't happy with them.

Gary that's funny. Slow ride has either worked on or built a good portion of the boats in the southern area. Just cuz he trades them out and builds a new one every year means there not good?? I would like to see you pull up next one. I'm sure it would blow your doors off. Btw what fancy boat are you running?

stroked470
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by stroked470 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Ole Slowride is an airboat hore like myself, and there aint a damn thing wrong with it. Gary S, In case you were wondering what mr. slowride does with one of these wardaddys here is a pic of a brand new one he just finished...
Attachments
wardaddy.jpg

DDSBC
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by DDSBC » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:24 pm

stroked470 wrote:Ole Slowride is an airboat hore like myself, and there aint a damn thing wrong with it. Gary S, In case you were wondering what mr. slowride does with one of these wardaddys here is a pic of a brand new one he just finished...

Now that's a pretty warhopper.
Micah Smith

BCAHCC, KRVSA and lifetime NRA member
12x7 Diamondback w/ rivited on poly, double rear driver double front passenger, full cage, 285 hp IO-520 swingin a 74" Whirl Wind Whisper Tip.

SmokinJoe
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SmokinJoe » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Ol slow ride has had more airboats than any person in Fl i would bet on that everything he has is for sale his favorite saying is let your wallet be your guide money talks bullshit walks,

he likes his war daddys for sure he gets a DEAL on them.

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:16 pm

stroked470 wrote:Ole Slowride is an airboat hore like myself, and there aint a damn thing wrong with it. Gary S, In case you were wondering what mr. slowride does with one of these wardaddys here is a pic of a brand new one he just finished...
That's a bad a$$ boat :drunken:
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Gary S » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:36 am

Not trying to start anything,just sounded funny.Twelve boats in 35 years is one every 2.9 years and thats only the war daddy brand. From the picture it looks like you have got it down. I'm sure you can blow the doors off my boat anytime you want. Not really into racing and going fast. Been airboating over 40 years. Now all I want to do is go out at night when things are quiet and stick some frogs. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.

stroked470
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by stroked470 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:50 pm

Hell I've had 12 in the past 5 years. Half of them slow ride built

Bubba
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Bubba » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:57 am

Damn Skipper, I thaught I was bad but I have only had about 10 in 10 yrs and half of them coming from Big John lol.
FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER

Return to “Airboat Tech”