hook in my hull

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
duckhunter1984
Southern Airboat Member

hook in my hull

Post by duckhunter1984 »

My 18' diamond back....sticks its nose in the mud when in shallow water...and also even seems like it rides on its nose in deeper water.....The only way to make it run super smooth in an inch or so of water is to get it slidding a little and then it stops immediately... I think it is a hook in my hull....On the back sides somebody has hit something very hard...I would guess sliding and hit a stump or ice... Any suggestions I am going to pull my cage this weekend and try to beat the hull out.....I hear people talking about "jacks" what exactly are they....Im new to airboat.. so that maybe a stupid question...I just need to get my boat fixed and need suggestion and comments

Thanks

Travis

scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: hook in my hull

Post by scottyroll »

Jacks are like a cross member that you bolt in between the sides of your rigging. You can use nuts and bolts attached to a plate to push down the stringers in your hull to reinforce it or put a slight convex in it. Plenty of pics available.

https://www.google.com/search?q=airboat ... Bw#imgdii=_
:Scotty-Roll:
FLAwless

1999 14ft Alumitech deckover. ZZ502. 2.37 Stinger. 4 blade WW Falcon Prop

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun »

duckhunter1984 wrote:My 18' diamond back....sticks its nose in the mud when in shallow water...and also even seems like it rides on its nose in deeper water.....The only way to make it run super smooth in an inch or so of water is to get it slidding a little and then it stops immediately... I think it is a hook in my hull....On the back sides somebody has hit something very hard...I would guess sliding and hit a stump or ice... Any suggestions I am going to pull my cage this weekend and try to beat the hull out.....I hear people talking about "jacks" what exactly are they....Im new to airboat.. so that maybe a stupid question...I just need to get my boat fixed and need suggestion and comments

Thanks

Travis

Take some pics and call Tommy at Diamondback 800-424-5624 they can tell you what you should do.
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

boatair
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by boatair »

:toothy7:
unforgiven11B wrote:^^ :lol: good luck with that. Diamondbacks customer service is terriable!
Not when your a preferred customer like Bigun

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Prototype »

You might have a couple issues? Hard to say off hand without sticking the bottom with some scuba gear and a good creeper while the the whole rig is on a slab. Diamond backs are normally tough to tweek back if it's really tweeked and just not set up after the fact backwards.

John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Post by John Fenner »

Gotta love soft welded boats! Find the dent, beat it out, shrink the metal if you know how and 're weld the stringers.
I never finish anyth,,,.

ls1airboat
Southern Airboat Member

Post by ls1airboat »

my hamant was doing the same thing...come to find out it was just the motor was to low in the back..acouple washers later and rides like a champ now.

Diamondback_Airboats
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Diamondback_Airboats »

Good Morning Travis,

If you have any questions regarding your Diamondback Hull please feel free to contact either Scooter or Tommy at your convenience at 800-424-5624 or you can send us a private message and we will respond.

Have a great day!

Return to “Airboat Tech”