Double seat shell with instrument panel

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
Shippee123
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Double seat shell with instrument panel

Postby Shippee123 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:28 pm

Does anyone know of anybody that makes a shell with panel in the middle in Florida ? Talked with Whitetail in Nebraska but shipping was gonna be as much as the shell. Didn't know if anyone else had something similar .

Thanks
11'6"x7' Royal craft with a 0300a Continental swinging a 74"two blade Super Snapper

Shippee123
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Double seat shell with instrument panel

Postby Shippee123 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:54 am

Well I guess it's plan b then .
11'6"x7' Royal craft with a 0300a Continental swinging a 74"two blade Super Snapper

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Fri May 08, 2015 8:49 am

Well Shipee, I to, was hoping you would get some kind of response. I saw the seat shell you are referring to (I think) in one of Twister's pictures and thought it would be cool to have one myself. I had a single years ago that had the console molded as an integral part of it, but never was able to track down who made it. It may have been as old as I was for all I know.

I thought about making a mold, etc. but my list of 'want/intend to' priorities is to long for that to be realistic.

If your 'plan B' involves getting that industrious, send me a PM, as I may be interested for the next go 'round.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

nebraskaairboater
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby nebraskaairboater » Fri May 08, 2015 9:25 am

If you can wait until after the first weekend in August I'm sure there will be some Florida folks out here in Nebraska for Thunder on the Loup and Mark from Whitetail is usually there as well. Maybe someone could deliver a couple back to Florida for you on their way home. Just a thought.
Dan Porter, Jr.
Fremont, NE
16 x 8 1971 Flat Bottom Fiberglass Hull / 454 Chevy/ 2.38:1 OX Drive / 80" 3-Blade Sensenich S

scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby scottyroll » Fri May 08, 2015 9:31 am

It may be worth your while to reach out to a car customization/audio shop.

Shops like ultimate audio and audio addiction usually have staff that are capable of making just about anything fiberglass related.

Back when I was into big speakers I would see them build anything from custom dashboards full of speakers & gizmo's to entire truck beds with tv's molded in to the what would be cargo area.

This car was wild to sit in 8)
Attachments
phpUgNdMaAM.jpg
:Scotty-Roll:
FLAwless

1999 14ft Alumitech deckover. ZZ502. 2.37 Stinger. 4 blade WW Falcon Prop

Shippee123
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Shippee123 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:12 am

Yes Deano that is the style shell I was looking at, I wont have the boat done by August so I may just see if someone can pick me up one . Or better yet I may just have an excuse to make the trip myself! Thanks for the replies

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Fri May 08, 2015 11:17 am

Not to take anything away from the point you make Scotty, it is a good one. I will say
however, that gauge layout does look like it was designed by an audio nerd and not a driver.

Could you imagine driving at speed, in traffic, going into a turn and trying at the same time to
read your gauges that went from your left ear/elbow all the way around to your right ear/elbow. :shock: :lol:
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby scottyroll » Fri May 08, 2015 11:34 am

Deano wrote:Not to take anything away from the point you make Scotty, it is a good one. I will say
however, that gauge layout does look like it was designed by an audio nerd and not a driver.

Could you imagine driving at speed, in traffic, going into a turn and trying at the same time to
read your gauges that went from your left ear/elbow all the way around to your right ear/elbow. :shock: :lol:

Deano, that's a good point and it makes my neck hurt just thinking about it :lol:

What's even more crazy is that the car isn't even functional. They removed the engine and put a TV in it...Only in America :old_glory:
:Scotty-Roll:
FLAwless

1999 14ft Alumitech deckover. ZZ502. 2.37 Stinger. 4 blade WW Falcon Prop

Return to “Airboat Tech”