Lenco trim tab fix

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
Hog Guts
Southern Airboat Member

Lenco trim tab fix

Post by Hog Guts » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:59 pm

Trim tab stopped working. Took the top off looked inside and wire had come off. Plugged it back in all is good. I got lucky. If you have one that stops working check that out. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hog Guts
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Lenco trim tab fix

Post by Hog Guts » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:01 pm

Oh yeah, I didn't realize these work with ball and screw and not hydraulic until I looked at their website. I always figured they were all hydraulic since all the ones I ever had on boats were. Fyi

Canuk
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Canuk » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:41 am

I have been wondering if they would stand up against the impact of hitting things. Do they have a problem with breaking at the plastic hinge/mount points from impact?

I need something at the transom to provide braking and to assist steering on ice. The cold temps might be hard on the plastic and so will the sometimes severe impact.

Anyone tried them as a brake, or in the cold?

getitdone
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by getitdone » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Canuk wrote:I have been wondering if they would stand up against the impact of hitting things. Do they have a problem with breaking at the plastic hinge/mount points from impact?

I need something at the transom to provide braking and to assist steering on ice. The cold temps might be hard on the plastic and so will the sometimes severe impact.

Anyone tried them as a brake, or in the cold?
Yes there is a black plastic pin you put on the bottom that will shear when you hit something hard or forget to raise it. if you email the company here they will send you some free pins (at least they did when I had to use one) I don't have to use a trim tab anymore with my new boat but did with the old one. and it will only slightly slow your boat down in the water.

http://www.lencomarine.com/index.php/le ... contact-us
"Poachers Dream"
13'x7'6" Hamant Ultralight With 0540 And 72"Q

Hog Guts
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Hog Guts » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:47 pm

I have stainless bolts in both and I didn't know when it was stuck all the way down although I knew something was going on. Drive dry,over dikes, across parking lots etc and took it out another day before I had a chance to fix it I assumed it would need to be replaced. That thing is damn near bulletproof - it's a lot stronger than it looks.

Return to “Airboat Tech”