Polishing Airboats

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Polishing Airboats

Postby SteveReid » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:41 pm

I copied and paste this from FB SA and want to add that Ribbie is a fine young man with a Family and he's a Fire Fighter with the Melbourne F. D. and an Airboater.

Thanks, Robby Kleinschnitz great job! I'm really pleased. You have a perfect setup for doing this because it's a safe place to leave a boat and not have to worry about it. The other place where I had my boat done I had to set there until it was done and that was about 7 hours. I will say to anyone who is thinking about having their boat polished Robby is the best and you don't have to worry about being ripped off. To me, it looks much better than paint and will look better longer than paint and it's much cheaper to have done and maintained. If anyone wants to ask me about having a boat polished I will be glad to tell you what I know, just pm me. I know most don't know and understand the process, I didn't and learned an expensive because I bought everything it takes to do it and hired a guy to help me and still ended up having it done. I have the grinder and everything it takes to do the job and everything's for sale. But believe me, it's a job left for people who know what they're doing and Robby knows what he's doing.
13876430_10205487335737424_7069049277236265058_n.jpg
13620710_10205487335777425_6353538114994788611_n.jpg
Attachments

fhp6
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Polishing Airboats

Postby fhp6 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:13 pm

Made it look new!! Really nice!
:old_glory: FHP6
Citrus County Airboat Alliance (Member)
"USMC"
:florida:

406 JAMIE
Southern Airboat Member

Postby 406 JAMIE » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:14 pm

i love it being polished i wanted my boats done that away was going to buy all the tools and pads and compounds it took to polish mirror finish.OUTSTANDING LOOKING BOAT SIR :cheers: :toothy7: :salute: AND TY SO MUCH ALL U FIREFIGHTERS FOR WHAT U DO FOR ALL OF US IN THE USA TY :rebel: :old_glory: :proud:
Melbourne Mud Mafia Down And Dirty

henrye185
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Postby henrye185 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:20 pm

what is ph. # i would like get mine done thanks 321--689-0773

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby PeaRiverOpossum » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Looks great Steve. Might consider throwing some sharkhide on there to help the shine last longer. I bought a quart ($70) but never got around to using it yet. It has great reviews but I can't attest to it.
http://www.sharkhide.com/

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jeepinocala1111 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Simply buy white diamond from advanced and a buffer it will shine.

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Postby SteveReid » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:20 pm

jeepinocala1111 wrote:Simply buy white diamond from advanced and a buffer it will shine.

Go for it!! I wasted about 700 dollars doing things like that. If you want a mirror finish you have to sand before polishing with anything. If you want it done right you better know what you're doing or let someone who knows what they're doing. I even tried the miracle Purple Polish. I wish I had talked to Robby before I did anything. Thanks for the info Kenny

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:23 pm

Steve; I don't have to worry about polishing MY boat. I just crank it up each Friday evening and run it through the saw grass before heading into town for a "MAN'S NIGHT IN". Besides, the ladies that I pick up are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. They are hard of hearing and are glad that I paid attention to them. They are cripple in one leg and have the other on a banana peel that I put there. Their memory Is gone and cannot report me to the PD for what went on the night before nor the ride in when I say put out or get out. I've got this all figured out. So I'm not too worried about the shine when I shine the brightest. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Postby SteveReid » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:52 pm

newoldglory wrote:Steve; I don't have to worry about polishing MY boat. I just crank it up each Friday evening and run it through the saw grass before heading into town for a "MAN'S NIGHT IN". Besides, the ladies that I pick up are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. They are hard of hearing and are glad that I paid attention to them. They are cripple in one leg and have the other on a banana peel that I put there. Their memory Is gone and cannot report me to the PD for what went on the night before nor the ride in when I say put out or get out. I've got this all figured out. So I'm not too worried about the shine when I shine the brightest. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, you have an advantage over me!! Good looks go a long way. :banghead:

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby skinnypockets » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:05 pm

SteveReid wrote:
newoldglory wrote:Steve; I don't have to worry about polishing MY boat. I just crank it up each Friday evening and run it through the saw grass before heading into town for a "MAN'S NIGHT IN". Besides, the ladies that I pick up are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. They are hard of hearing and are glad that I paid attention to them. They are cripple in one leg and have the other on a banana peel that I put there. Their memory Is gone and cannot report me to the PD for what went on the night before nor the ride in when I say put out or get out. I've got this all figured out. So I'm not too worried about the shine when I shine the brightest. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes a little "shine" goes a long way to make them ole gals look better and want to "ride"! :stirpot:
:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

DIXIE SHINER
Southern Airboat Member

Postby DIXIE SHINER » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:22 am

skinnypockets wrote:
SteveReid wrote:

Sometimes a little "shine" goes a long way to make them ole gals look better and want to "ride"! :stirpot:
:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:

I can do yours too

DIXIE SHINER
Southern Airboat Member

Postby DIXIE SHINER » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:25 am

SteveReid wrote:I copied and paste this from FB SA and want to add that Ribbie is a fine young man with a Family and he's a Fire Fighter with the Melbourne F. D. and an Airboater.

Thanks, Robby Kleinschnitz great job! I'm really pleased. You have a perfect setup for doing this because it's a safe place to leave a boat and not have to worry about it. The other place where I had my boat done I had to set there until it was done and that was about 7 hours. I will say to anyone who is thinking about having their boat polished Robby is the best and you don't have to worry about being ripped off. To me, it looks much better than paint and will look better longer than paint and it's much cheaper to have done and maintained. If anyone wants to ask me about having a boat polished I will be glad to tell you what I know, just pm me. I know most don't know and understand the process, I didn't and learned an expensive because I bought everything it takes to do it and hired a guy to help me and still ended up having it done. I have the grinder and everything it takes to do the job and everything's for sale. But believe me, it's a job left for people who know what they're doing and Robby knows what he's doing.
13620710_10205487335777425_6353538114994788611_n.jpg

Thanks Steve, if anyone would like there hulls polished. I aim to please and I am reasonably priced. My contact information is 3214318476

Thank y'all
Robby

Moritz
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Moritz » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:13 am

Anybody know of some in texAs or Lousisna the does polishing of boats

Return to “Airboat Tech”