Engine stand Measurements for a csb and a stinger gear box

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
Roy.grohler
Southern Airboat Member

Engine stand Measurements for a csb and a stinger gear box

Postby Roy.grohler » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 pm

I an setting up my new boat and need help with the engine stand 83 in prop ,stinger box and a small block Chevy. I need a drawing with Measurements please

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Engine stand Measurements for a csb and a stinger gear box

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:19 am

Roy all the different type and length hulls tend to get a custom spec as stringers vary as does a customers desire for configuration.

It may prove beneficial to look a few boats over and determine what type rigging and features you would like. Take some pics and ask if you could get measurements. If you could find a sister hull with the same power this would really be the easiest way to be sure of what your building as some boats like hull jacks etc.

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

some info to get you started :thumbleft:

link to photos of engine stands: https://www.google.com/search?q=engine+ ... 20&bih=951

" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

Roy.grohler
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Roy.grohler » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 am

It's a 16x8.6 Alumitex hull. I got the picture I need the measurements to make the one in the picture above I live in ky and there not many air boats around .

Roy.grohler
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Roy.grohler » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:18 pm

I have the engine and gear box and prop .the problem is getting a flat spot to put the hull and hang the engine I have a welder and access to all the steal to make it . The prop is a 83 in sinnitch r .trying to get measurements to make this a little easyer.

Return to “Airboat Tech”