caramel carrots

All about vittles!
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

caramel carrots

Postby newoldglory » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:09 pm

Well, Redeye did it to me again. :lol: :lol: I had a stack of carrots here at Camp Old Glory. Little did I know that Redeye had a sweet tooth for sweet carrots. :roll: I overheard a conversation with his wife about how to make sweet carrots and it involved brown sugar. I didn't have it but did have Log Cabin syrup. :cheers: He boiled the carrots first, drained them and added syrup and brought them back to a slow simmer for long enough to "almost dry out the syrup". :toothy7: No one else took an interest in them but I had made some recently and love them. :D I had been nibbling on them and with all the food that we always have here at camp, there was a good bit left on the stove. (Untill Redeye left). :shock: This evening , I got back to camp and wanted a sneak snack and after searching the stove , frige and garbage, I concluded that Redeye had engulfed what was left of the sweet carrots before he left. :lol: :lol: The experienced survivors here do not let food lay around Camp Old Glory very long!!!!!!!!!!

:proud: :usa: :florida:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: caramel carrots

Postby pipedog » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:31 pm

Anything left on the stove you usually make a hell of a gollosh for breakfast, sounds like the carrots didn't make it that far :lol:
Gerald I sold my caddy, but got another boat going together ....see you soon!!
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:02 pm

pipedog wrote:Anything left on the stove you usually make a hell of a gollosh for breakfast, sounds like the carrots didn't make it that far :lol:

Whatcha building, Kyle?
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:44 am

pipedog wrote:Anything left on the stove you usually make a hell of a gollosh for breakfast, sounds like the carrots didn't make it that far :lol:

Great. Good luck on the replacement.
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby pipedog » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:37 pm

I got a combee hull with a DD 454 3 bld H. It will be my ride until I build my dream boat!! A riveted hull with a LS motor! Hopefully I won't be riding the combee the rest of my life :lol:
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Candied carrots drain add butter an brown sugar. The kids will eat them ever time i love them. Dont cook them so much there mush just soft on the out side firm inside. dont need much sugar or butter.

Return to “Redneck Cuisine”