Wild game supper

All about vittles!
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Wild game supper

Postby newoldglory » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Even when I am alone, I like to cook and nibble. I did all my chores early today and after sitting on the front porch for an hour or so, I decided to start supper. I had taken out some wild bore sausage and Italian gator sausage to thaw and cooked it all by the time I was done. I had diced up a very large tomato that was "gas ripened" and soaked in a vinegar/lemon dressing and "tasted" my way through it all. The unique dish was the iguana. :D A friend had gone on an eradication spree recently and seized 19 by the time he was done. The largest was 6' long. He steamed them down and removed the bones then added a Mexican blend sauce. He gave me 4 pounds and that too, was part of my supper. It will also be sandwiches for the next week or so alternately. :cheers:

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Wild game supper

Postby radtech » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:32 pm

Sounds like a great meal, Gerald. Look forward to getting down that way this summer for some much needed R&R

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:45 pm

radtech wrote:Sounds like a great meal, Gerald. Look forward to getting down that way this summer for some much needed R&R

Rad; you won't get much rest here. Too much to do. Riding, sliding, fishing, frogging, bow fishing, gig fishing, gator sighting, bird watching, photography, smiling, laughing, lieing, day dreaming, scouting and then breakfast. The rest of the day is going to tough to handle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

dougeey
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby dougeey » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:07 am

Don't forget the drinking part :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
Doug

radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby radtech » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:22 am