Tomato electrolysis

All about vittles!
newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Tomato electrolysis

Postby newoldglory » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:43 pm

I was told years ago, do not put raw eggs in a micro wave oven. :lol: Skinnypockets has a wet since of humor and would tell young ladies that the fastest way to cook breakfast eggs was to put them in the micro. He still laughs about that today and will now do that again now that I have reminded him of his prank. :roll: I also learned along the way that tomato sauce (tomatoes) in a tupper ware bowl will melt the bowl, (cause it to boil). I'm aware of the acidity in tomatoes but I just learned a new lesson. I don't understand all that I don't know about electrolysis but look at this. I bought 2 of those vine ripe tomatoes (gassed) the other day and placed them on a stainless steel counter to ripen up a bit. Yesterday about this time, I placed a piece of tin foil (folded) on top of one of them. This evening, I used the piece of foil and a short time later, I checked the tomo's for progress and was shocked that there was holes in the top of the tomato that had the foil on it. :scratch: I cut the top out and the damage was 1 1/2" deep. :shock: If we could get that much power from an engine, we could run on seedlings. :slap:

:proud: :old_glory: :usa: :florida: :rebel: :rebel: :rebel:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Tomato electrolysis

Postby terrible ted » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:48 pm

I Nuc 2 eggs in a bowl with a little water - with a cover for 1.3 min all the time. just right for fast breakfast with toast- yoke usually soft to runny.

trailerdon
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby trailerdon » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Leave them in the shell ! You will not like the result.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:26 pm

terrible ted wrote:I Nuc 2 eggs in a bowl with a little water - with a cover for 1.3 min all the time. just right for fast breakfast with toast- yoke usually soft to runny.

I like poached eggs too ..... I usually pop the toast first and butter it before I nuke the eggs, and then put the two eggs on top on a plate. Good stuff right there. :wink:
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby newoldglory » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:22 am

trailerdon wrote:Leave them in the shell ! You will not like the result.

Thank you, I had left that part out. :oops:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

Return to “Redneck Cuisine”