Duck Hunting

Quackers
Southern Airboat Member

Duck Hunting

Post by Quackers »

Has anyone scouted Light House Lakes lately?

21DiamondB
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Duck Hunting

Post by 21DiamondB »

This is a very fishy post........

Lighthouse Lakes is where the photo was taken that TxWPP has plastered everywhere of the airboat. This user needs to be investigated, especially with only two previous posts. If I am out of line I apologize, but the timing of the subject at hand couldn't be at a worse time considering the WPP mess that is going on.
-------- 16.5 x 8 Diamondback - 632ci - Oxbox 2. 55 - Sensenich 5-Blade JX---------

Quackcephus
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Quackcephus »

Quackers is a TAA member & new to the forum.
:texas:

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 »

You scouting for kayaks or ducks? :wink:

21DiamondB
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 21DiamondB »

Thanks for clearing this up. Welcome Quackers!!!
-------- 16.5 x 8 Diamondback - 632ci - Oxbox 2. 55 - Sensenich 5-Blade JX---------

SHABA
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SHABA »

I just LOVE THAT!!!!!! Good one Jeff!!!! :salute:

rost495 wrote:You scouting for kayaks or ducks? :wink:
2007 Diamondback, Sensenich 3 blade wide 80", Stringer Soft Drive 2.38 Reduction Drive! TAA511

FishinCoop101
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FishinCoop101 »

If you are even slightly familiar with these areas you should know that ther are ducks in the area. Red Heads and a few Pintails. I must agree.........your post does come off a bitt bitter with all the drama going on between the wpp. After all there is a hunting club that runs primarily thru the lakes. Chances are if any one has scouted them they would be the ones to talk to.......then again getting them to talk is like pulling teeth.

Good Luck

SHABA
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SHABA »

I have hunted that area for just about 30 years.... I know all about the ducks that they have their and all the people that hunt it... Just thought that it was fumy with all that is going on with the WPP people. Still Do! First time I hunted their was in a airboat that I made out of a 14' Loweline Boat and 140 HP Corvair Spider engine and a Banks and Maxwell Prop.. I know about the area also fish it all the time! Have not been duck hunting this year still working out the bugs in my new boat that I had Diamondback make for me. Later Mitch

FishinCoop101 wrote:If you are even slightly familiar with these areas you should know that ther are ducks in the area. Red Heads and a few Pintails. I must agree.........your post does come off a bitt bitter with all the drama going on between the wpp. After all there is a hunting club that runs primarily thru the lakes. Chances are if any one has scouted them they would be the ones to talk to.......then again getting them to talk is like pulling teeth.

Good Luck
2007 Diamondback, Sensenich 3 blade wide 80", Stringer Soft Drive 2.38 Reduction Drive! TAA511

Quackers
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Quackers »

Dang tough crowed here. Getting a little paronoid are we.

I was down to Light House Lakes the weekend before MLK weekend and stared at some very blue sky. Just asking a question. Thanks for the save Jay. I guess I should've introduced myself first. I've been airboating 5 years and hunting in light house lakes for 10 years. I don't know the Lakes as good as the South Bay Hunting Club, but I can get around in the dark. I moved from Portland to the San Antonio area last year. Missed last duck season. Hunted light house lakes 6 times this year. I'm the blue rigged Classic with a warp drive and 350 ZZ4. I'm the guy hunting from the shore line. My partner a I hunted the lakes this weekend. 4 Red heads Friday evening, 4 Red Heads and 1 Widgeon Saturday evening. 4 red Heads Sunday morning and 2 Blue Bills Monday morning. Saw lots of Pinners but only got one hen to deak and missed. Hunted Bay Side Sunday evening not much water and very few ducks during shooting hours. No internet at the camp.

For the record:

I aint never hunted in another hunters blind. I never stole no blocks. I never built a blind on top of another hunters blind and I aint no WPP spy:)

For the record 2: The airboat, and her owner, in the famous picture, pulled me and my stuck airboat out of Bay Side earlier in the season. He suggested I join TAA.

Quackers
TAA 510
15' Panther Classic 350 ZZ4 Rotator reduction Warp Drive Blue rigging

P.S. I ran into a yakker couple Friday night coming through a slew. Didn't see em until I was right on top of them. I gave em a wide birth and a low throttle. They waved thanks.

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 »

Quackers

WELCOME! We are just a bit paranoid right now. Especially after takign time off to go to a meeting that ends up being a bunch of changes, when you have to assume the other side didn't get what they wanted to they'll change the rules.
Anyway best of luck! I"ll be off to POC and the weather looks to suck this last weekend, other than cool....

Jeff

Slayride
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Slayride »

Saw you out there last weekend Quackers, you weren't in the way or causing any problems for any of us where you set up, no worries. Word traveled fast you were there. lol

Best of luck
There is nothing Mystical, Majical or Elusive about quality, we all know what it is!

Quackers
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Quackers »

Thanks for all the good words. See ya out there next year.

Return to “Texas Airboaters”