Mandatory Dog Insurance for TX Dog Owners

CaptSteve
Southern Airboat Member

Mandatory Dog Insurance for TX Dog Owners

Post by CaptSteve » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:20 pm

I was just fwd this today. New legislative law may make dog insurance mandatory for owners.
See link below
If your browser will not open page cut and paste just the website url and look for the article on the front page of website.

http://www.ussportsmen.org/page.aspx?pid=2665

http://www.ussportsmen.org

NotAGuide
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Mandatory Dog Insurance for TX Dog Owners

Post by NotAGuide » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Not surprised. They just past a city ordinance (new Mayor) in Waco requiring a yearly $35 permit if you do not spay or neuter your dog. F'n government in every aspect of our lives.
Professional JB Welder
Old 18' American hull, 470CID S&S, Ch3 2:1, 3-blade Whirlwind Whisper Tip

hotrodcaptain
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by hotrodcaptain » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:28 pm

introduced by a bleeding heart liberal representative------sounds like something a democrat would come up with, bunch of freakin morons, JMO
15x8 Alumitech, SBC, 3.12 Stinger and 5 Blade 84" Superwide; TAA430

rbjscott
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by rbjscott » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:38 pm

what is the insurance for?
"The price of Freedom is high! And the sound of Freedom is loud!" (Jet fighter pilot)

czech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by czech » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:03 pm

So in other word's....we won't be able to bird hunt and hog hunt with dogs without insurance.Ya know,I use to let my dog drink and drive me to my hunting spot.Then there was the driving while under the influence law.Then there was the liability auto insurance requirement.Now my dog can't drive nor hunt without insurance?He's not gonna be happy. :scratch:
When it gets to tough for everybody else,that's when its just right for me.15 X 7.5 Duckmaster,330 hp 350,79 3 bld whisper tip....and that's enough for me.

Big N8
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Big N8 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:31 pm

LOL ! Now that's quality entertainment. Who the hell is supposed to enforce it. Oh I know , we can pay more taxes to hire animal police to go door to door and track down hunters. I guess next time my lab eats my neihbors cat I'll just flash my dog insurance card and say don't worry we're covered . :lol:

Quackcephus
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Quackcephus » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:04 pm

This is all I got to say about it...
Attachments
texas_secede_bumper_sticker.jpg
texas_secede_bumper_sticker.jpg (18.59 KiB) Viewed 850 times
:texas:

ercalabria
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by ercalabria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:19 pm

Ya'll best be careful what you type here, cause :lol: Deputy Dog just might be monitoring this site. :lol:
BRAB 10 / TAA 212
16x8 OLE BLUE PANTHER- 502/450 /2-1 CH3 / Powershift

HASBEEN
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by HASBEEN » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:13 pm

rbjscott wrote:what is the insurance for?

So......If I`m "bird huntin" in West Texas....and "Ole Rosie" is huntin with a male dog that ain`t "fixed", and over 20 lbs......and he "has his way" with her.....I can collect from somebody`s insurance company ????? :cheers:

Or if I slap or kick the $hit out of him and he bites me.....I can collect the insurance????? :cheers:

INCREDIBLE !

Better off to let Rosie give birth....sign her up for federal assistance, give her free housing, medical care, and then a tax break for each of the 9 (NINE) pups......plus take care of any expenses (at a graduated rate) for any "Historically Underutilized" or "Minority" concern....
so she`s taken care of for life ??? :scratch:

WTF ????

INCREDIBLE !

Where do we find these folks?

Ain`t tryin to bring anybody down....or "start" something......but if this is real.....EVERYBODY should be writing, 8itching, and phoning their representatives.....(surely they have more important issues)

Hasbeen
15x7 Cyclone, 454 BBC Junkyard Motor / 2-1 Belt Drive/ 2 Blade 79" WhirlWind RQ/ Water Walker Hub

BRAB46

No Abla anything but AMERICAN

"When the Sun comes up, you better be running"

Quackcephus
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Quackcephus » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:17 am

HASBEEN you're movin' a little to fast here, but I like were you're goin', but allow me to he'p a brutha out here a minute. Now condider this, if another bill on the table should pass, first the Vet will be required to have Rosie see the pup's durin' a sonogram & hear their heart beats before she can move forward with an elected abortion... just in case that was a considered option, but I like I said, I like the way you're thinkin'. But why stop there... what if the donor dawg was an undocumented huntin' dawg... anchor puppies!!! Now y'all would really be high on the hawg with all the other entitlements that y'all'd qualify for... just be sure to check the appropreiate box on the application forms if they should continue to live with you & then there's the whole qualifin' for diabilty angle after your diagnosed with fibromyalgia from takin' care of 'em all... I say you got a lot of potiental there... y'all'd be BIG BANKIN'... just sayin'.

:dontknow:

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:27 am

Quackcephus wrote:This is all I got to say about it...
Secede might work if this was a US bill, unfortunately its a Texas bill...... just a dumb...... trying to shove stuff down folks throats... personally I wouldn't NOT have a liability policy for our place at least that large at ALL times for all things... but to make it mandatory.. nope....

80 panther
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 80 panther » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:57 am

Why don't they do this with illegals if you spade or nuder them a lot less will come lol Surely they have more important things to do than right laws for dogs.

Quackcephus
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Quackcephus » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:23 pm

rost495 wrote:
Quackcephus wrote:This is all I got to say about it...
Secede might work if this was a US bill, unfortunately its a Texas bill...... just a dumb...... trying to shove stuff down folks throats... personally I wouldn't NOT have a liability policy for our place at least that large at ALL times for all things... but to make it mandatory.. nope....
When a government has ceased to protect the lives, liberty and property of the people, from whom its legitimate powers are derived...[it is] the inherent and inalienable right of the people to...abolish such government, and create another in its stead..."
— Texas Declaration of Independence (1836)
With "secession" would come a new Texas gub'ment... who knows Jeff you might even be elected Comissioner or somethin' :dontknow:

540 mountain motor
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by 540 mountain motor » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:55 pm

80 panther wrote:Why don't they do this with illegals if you spade or nuder them a lot less will come lol Surely they have more important things to do than right laws for dogs.
Too funny right there :lol: :lol: :lol:
18x8 GTO Saltwater Series, 540 MAS/PFI, 82 SW with Stinger 2.55, "540 RAT-N-A-CAGE"

Slayride
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Slayride » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:24 pm

My insurance man was PISSED with my dog Friday. I took my dog Blew to get his insurance policy to get ahead of the curve on this issue, and when "Blew" couldn't hold the pen to sign the policy or spell his proper name, the agent blew a gasket! I just responded, "hey don't look at me, its his policy, not mine"! "Hell, don't be mad at me, I'm just the guy loaning him the money to pay for this lousy deal, I don't make the rules man"! :dontknow:
There is nothing Mystical, Majical or Elusive about quality, we all know what it is!

Return to “Texas Airboaters”