Grass Planting Needs Help this Saturday in Corpus

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Grass Planting Needs Help this Saturday in Corpus

Post by rost495 »

Seems like a couple of folks have boats down..... and I was out of town for a week... it kinda snuck up on me here.

Still need at least 1 or 2 more boats for Saturday, March 5, 8-5 or noon to 5 basically....

Sent a group email yesterday and got 2 replies that folks could not, one volunteer and nothing else.

Thanks, Jeff

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Grass Planting Needs Help this Saturday in Corpus

Post by rost495 »

Come on folks.. at this point I"m one boat short for Saturday, that would be the afternoon shift as I pulled my vehicle back out of the shop so I can make this one.

I need one more boat for Corpus on Saturday.

Can ANYONE help? So ya don't feel bad.. Its at least 3.5 hours drive one way for me and I"m going.....

Thanks, Jeff

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 »

Come on folks... last chance... times have changed ... its a one shot blast 8-1230 basically... thats not that much time. We sure could use at least one more decent size boat......

SHABA
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SHABA »

Rost I will meet you Sat Morning their my Boat is 13.6 kinda small compared to most but you need me I'm their... I need a map to get their.... Tomorrow I will get the trim on it and ready to go just let me know!!! Mitch

As far as the fuel...I will go to Castroville to fill cheapest AV gas around... No need for anybody to help me pay for the fuel....
2007 Diamondback, Sensenich 3 blade wide 80", Stringer Soft Drive 2.38 Reduction Drive! TAA511

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 »

Roy

Thanks tons! I was counting on ya and ya came through.

Man it would make this easier if some folks would do a once a year run so not all the same folks end up doing the work but we'll get there by strength in numbers eventually!

Jeff

FishinCoop101
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FishinCoop101 »

Hey,

Just lookedd at the thread. Do you still need another Boat.....I live about 1/2 hour from CC TX. PM me.

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 »

PM sent with my cell number, we are going to leave this evening due to heavy fog forecast and probably grab a hotel in Portland.... just give me a call on the cell if you can make it.

Thanks, Jeff

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 »

Well, we got weathered out on Saturday. Plus rain, wind, lightning, etc.... We were ok to get another motel room and spend the night, and so did Roy. Dana came out Sat but had committments on Sunday. Glad we stayed, no kids could come but a handful of folks got 2000 plants done if I heard right. And started at 9am and done by 1230 or so.

We should have some footage on TV, Corpus Christi Channel 3. Got a good plug for TAA volunteering boats again.

almost 500 mile round trip, 2 motel nights, some shopping at Academy for the wife, needed new waders, we bought earmuffs this morning as no one had them, and we use ear plugs but I didn't have a ton of them leftover.... gonna have to get some donations we hope maybe from Academy, for muffs, vests, so TAA can have that all on hand for volunteer days. Only a measly 200 bucks of diesel down and back.

Very good weekend in all. Sorta long, but they go like that some times.

Hopefully I'll have a thread up with photos at some point.

Appreciate ALL the help we had from TAA as usual. We put our best foot forward and it was refreshing to hear folks say there is no way to get things done like that easily without airboats.

Thanks to Coastal Bays Bend Foundation for starting this project, we know there is a TON of behind the scenes work there. Glad we can help and we have 2-3 more plantings, next one 23 March, and we need to be there at all of them.

Jeff

Jeff

SHABA
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SHABA »

Rost

Was as always a pleasure to meet you and your wife...Saturday was a trip wasn't it. The weather today was great could not of asked for a better day... Like the say Boats Ran good... Good weather, good people and good food it doesn't get any better than that.... You are right TAA definately got a good plug we just have to keep it going... would like to be able to see channel 3 in corpus just to see how they broadcast ed the advent... Like always good meeting. My gas wasn't as bad as yours just about 160.00 but was well worth it. Take care and hopefully see you later this month! Mitch and Mitch Jr.
2007 Diamondback, Sensenich 3 blade wide 80", Stringer Soft Drive 2.38 Reduction Drive! TAA511

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 »

I suspect I will find a youtube or actual channel 3 link somehow. Eventually. Thanks for the effort!

Jeff

Return to “Texas Airboaters”