Next Grass Planting 26 March, Volunteers Needed

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Next Grass Planting 26 March, Volunteers Needed

Post by rost495 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Most of y'all will see this twice, I just sent it out via email too....

Ok Folks

Another planting coming in Corpus. Dana has said he can make it. Probably can get by with 2 or 3 boats max from what I saw last time. 3 for sure. And 2 would work.

As far as I know at this time, schedule is somewhat same, 2 boats to run gear out till about 9am but kids arrive at 10am. SO all boats on scene and in the water ready to run by 930am. Start for moving gear is typically I”d want to be in the water ready around 730-800 am.

Steve may be able to make it but cannot commit at this time.

Means we need 1-2 more boats.

Anyone that wants to volunteer is more than welcome and MUCH appreciated.

Unless I have to, this one I can’t make, and as it is, I delayed putting my truck in the shop for some major work to make the last one where others were not able to make it. I don’t know that it’ll be out by then.

Give me some ideas and we can sort out from there. And lets keep this going, lets not let down CBBF!! For a great cause!

IIRC there are only 2 more left after this and I”ve even asked about a full long weekend and just knock it out best we can.

Reply to me and I”ll organize best I can. ASAP is appreciated.

Jeff

SHABA
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Next Grass Planting 26 March, Volunteers Needed

Post by SHABA » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Jeff

If I can help I will.... Just let me know... Mitch
2007 Diamondback, Sensenich 3 blade wide 80", Stringer Soft Drive 2.38 Reduction Drive! TAA511

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:06 pm

Mitch
Thanks tons, I expected that. Lets see what we get first. I hate to tap you twice in a row. Spreading the burden out a bit is the idea. Of course the local guys get nailed worse than the rest of us but I appreciate their help.

Jeff

CaptSteve
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CaptSteve » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:56 am

I still have my airboat engine torn down. Slayride has been helping with final assembly but Im still not certain I will be able to make the planting at this time.
Sorry I cant be more specific.

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Dana has volunteered. Mitch will go if needed. I had a couple of others down that way that could maybe make it.

As it looks right now, I still won't have my truck back so I"m out at the moment.

I expect to hear from some folks early this week.

I appreciate the feedback though.. I've already got some emails back saying folks have to work.... And I almost got the urge to yank my motor this weekend to swap with a new one... that would really wreck me....

Jeff

SHABA
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SHABA » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:26 pm

rost495 wrote:Dana has volunteered. Mitch will go if needed. I had a couple of others down that way that could maybe make it.

As it looks right now, I still won't have my truck back so I"m out at the moment.

I expect to hear from some folks early this week.

I appreciate the feedback though.. I've already got some emails back saying folks have to work.... And I almost got the urge to yank my motor this weekend to swap with a new one... that would really wreck me....

Jeff
Jeff let me know what they say so that I can get another Motel.... Thanks Mitch
2007 Diamondback, Sensenich 3 blade wide 80", Stringer Soft Drive 2.38 Reduction Drive! TAA511

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Hey Mitch

Just watch a bit.... I"m gonna send some more emails out on Monday just to check and if I don't hear anything it may be you and Dana on Saturday.

CaptSteve
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CaptSteve » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Finished final assembly on motor today. Prop and rudders are back on and seems to be running ok in the driveway. Will do the smoke test underfire at the planting. You can count me in if you still need me to go. Dana has big shoulders if it blows, he can tow me back, and and I can drink a cold one while he finishes the project off.
Im in unless somebody else wants to go.
Hope they have donuts and tacos in the morning..............

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Man, if you could, unless someone else replies that would be a nice try. But don't hit that motor hard, you need to break it in right.

Let me say this much, I've got 2 more feelers out that I've had no reply on yet, and only a few from the group email so far. If one of those pans out, you are out, if not you are in.

I'll do my best to have my truck back to cover for one of the last ones.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

PS be sure and check emails right up to the point.... there is a Front forecast but probably won't get down there till late Sat PM but thats 5 days away at this point....

And last time... we had tacos, in the pouring rain if you wanted one. Don't recall donuts but I do recall tacos, John brought em and I don't know if anyone ate any in that miserable weather.

Jeff

Slayride
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Slayride » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:13 pm

What is all this chatter about "break in time" on Steve's rat motor? Break in.......... build a fire in it and stand on it! When I build'em their ready to go to work man!

Ever see a NHRA pro riding around the pits breaking in a motor? LOL

Hell, if he blows it up, he can use my other boat! LMAO!
There is nothing Mystical, Majical or Elusive about quality, we all know what it is!

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:30 pm

I'll remember that next time one of mine goes TU. ....

I bet you dont' break in rifle barrels either then. Grins.

CaptSteve
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CaptSteve » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:21 pm

Ahhhh as I recall sitting on the bank one day watching the "Slay Ride" traverse the flats my friend said over a cold one "Thar goes Dana....He sure goes thru alot of engines."
Im ready to chase you and your "Slay Ride" around those artificial islands on Saturday if need be. You may even get the chance to smell my exhaust..............LOL

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:59 pm

Thats even better to know... he must have a shed full of ready to go engines then! Grins.

SHABA
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SHABA » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:37 pm

I will see both of you CaptSteve and Dana Saturday Morning... Already have Motel reservations. Will hasve to go to the Airport and Gas the boat up... See ya all at 8:00 Mitch

Slayride
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Slayride » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:34 pm

I have a 3rd boat lined up for Saturday, so Mitch doesn't need to make the trip. Save the Motel and travel for another time.

Uh........... and Steve, remember the words I live by my friend...... Go big, or go home! LMAO

Hey, if the thing blows up, I'll just drag out another one for ya!
There is nothing Mystical, Majical or Elusive about quality, we all know what it is!

CaptSteve
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CaptSteve » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmm a surprise third boat for the planting.......
Let me guess. Its a yaker with a trolling motor on it. There missing a great opportunity here to wade paddle and pole.........................................

Slayride
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Slayride » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Hope they have lots of media coverage, this surprise 3rd boat would make a great news story!

More good news, I have my best deckhand back for the planting!!!!!

SHABA
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SHABA » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks for letting me know.... I guess i am going to try to fish a little then... Momma has the days off!!! Thanks again Mitch

Slayride
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Slayride » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:41 am

Mitch,

I noticed in your post here you run AV gas, are you buying it up where you live or down here when you come down? Just wondering what you are paying up your way? I run the same due to the compression and timing I like to run in both my boats. Fuel just made the $4.50 mark here by my house at the county air strip. Thats really cheap compared to Corpus prices.

Still WAY cheaper than pistons! LOL

SHABA
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SHABA » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Slayride wrote:Mitch,

I noticed in your post here you run AV gas, are you buying it up where you live or down here when you come down? Just wondering what you are paying up your way? I run the same due to the compression and timing I like to run in both my boats. Fuel just made the $4.50 mark here by my house at the county air strip. Thats really cheap compared to Corpus prices.

Still WAY cheaper than pistons! LOL

You bet and the low lead helps the valve guides and the motor runs cooler. I usually stop in Beeville they sometimes have the cheapest price on 100LL They are 4.27 a gal right now and Port Aransas is 4.40. Some time I pull the boat to Castroville about 15 miles NW of here and get it real cheap... Most of the Airports pumps are open 24 hrs and with a credit card you just drive up and self serv.... Id like to meet you some time I met Dana the last time when we got rained out... Take Care and Thanks Mitch

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Mitch

Dana/Slayride. One in the same. Screen names confuse things...

Jeff

SHABA
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SHABA » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:36 am

rost495 wrote:Mitch

Dana/Slayride. One in the same. Screen names confuse things...

Jeff

Goes to show you how much I need to meet these guys!!! :oops: Hope they have a good time... Take care Mitch... And thanks Jeff

Return to “Texas Airboaters”